Sign in to follow this  
jareck80

Jameer = liability

that was just an example...Ok, would you swap these guards right now? Nelson for Stuckey at this point?

No. He's big, but he's not a respectable shooter, not explosive, and gets abused defensively by quicker PGs

No. He's big, but he's not a respectable shooter, not explosive, and gets abused defensively by quicker PGs

To me he is pretty explosive...Anyway he is more explosive than Jameer, thats for sure. Do you really think Nelson is a better defender than Stuckey? I agree that Jameer is a better shooter but do not forget that Nelson plays on a better team and with Howard in the middle...

To me he is pretty explosive...Anyway he is more explosive than Jameer, thats for sure. Do you really think Nelson is a better defender than Stuckey? I agree that Jameer is a better shooter but do not forget that Nelson plays on a better team and with Howard in the middle...

Nelson is a decent defender. He understands rotations and has enough lateral quickness to impede most PGs. His biggest negative defensively is his size.

Anyways...

Per John Hollinger

Stuckey

+ Huge point guard who can overpower opponents on post-ups. Poor shooter.

+ Lacks explosiveness; draws fouls but not a great finisher. Average distributor.

+ Size allows him to cross-match and guard 2s, but struggles against quickness.

Nelson

+ Small, strong pick-and-roll point guard who shoots very well off dribble.

+ Can take hit and finish despite size. Solid, steady passer and ballhandler.

+ Size an issue on defense but otherwise capable. Foul-prone. Strong leader.

• Upvote 1

Nelson is a decent defender. He understands rotations and has enough lateral quickness to impede most PGs. His biggest negative defensively is his size.

I hate Nelson's D. Especially when he challenges shots by standing in front of his men with outstretched arm as he is not 5-10 but 7-0. He never puts pressure on his opponent that what usually smaller PGs do. I don't know...for most of the time opponents PGs have great nights against us and I am not talking about Paul, Deron, Rose...even average PGs for most of the time are causing problems to us...

+ Can take hit and finish despite size. Solid, steady passer and ballhandler.

Jameer??? it looks like he is not even jumping when he goes for a layup now.

Stuckey is not stable, I agree. But once again do not forget where is he playing now. Detroit is a mess for the last couple of years...

I was about to say the same exact thing. High five.

To me he is pretty explosive...Anyway he is more explosive than Jameer, thats for sure.

You keep making statements like this as though they were facts, when they are demonstrably not true.

I really don't get why you have such a huge issue with Jameer. 80% of the nonsense you've spouted in this thread is clearly based solely on the first 7 games or so of this season.

He was in a shooting slump. It happens.

Sample size, people. Christ.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 3

You keep making statements like this as though they were facts, when they are demonstrably not true.

I really don't get why you have such a huge issue with Jameer. 80% of the nonsense you've spouted in this thread is clearly based solely on the first 7 games or so of this season.

He was in a shooting slump. It happens.

Sample size, people. Christ.

I want to see Hughes come in to give Jameer his break versus Duhon (who is a ghost on the court). Hughes is 6'5", can cover the passing lanes, and can guard the best of other teams through-out his career. Yes, only a dozen games in, but Duhon averages about 1-2 shots and plays about 40% of the game. There is small amount of turnovers, assist, fouls etc., but basically the guy bring the ball down the court and is out of the offense. VanGundy brought Hughes to try out, and put him on the team, Hughes who sat out last year is in great shape, this next week of three games in a row should see Hughes and Q-Rich get some minutes when Jameer, and Richardson are having a bad night.

I want to see Hughes come in to give Jameer his break versus Duhon (who is a ghost on the court). Hughes is 6'5", can cover the passing lanes, and can guard the best of other teams through-out his career. Yes, only a dozen games in, but Duhon averages about 1-2 shots and plays about 40% of the game. There is small amount of turnovers, assist, fouls etc., but basically the guy bring the ball down the court and is out of the offense. VanGundy brought Hughes to try out, and put him on the team, Hughes who sat out last year is in great shape, this next week of three games in a row should see Hughes and Q-Rich get some minutes when Jameer, and Richardson are having a bad night.

In the limited mins he has played he has looked god awful. In fact in the game against Cha he looked terrified to bring the ball across mid court. But yeah he is 6-5 so hurray for big guards.

no, it is not just this season, I have never liked him...as I have said before, he is a terrible defender and I don't care that he KNOWS rotations as you are saying, as he can do something when he rotates with his midget frame...I don't like his speed, I don't like his decision making, I hate when he shoots long jumpers without a single pass on a possesion or on a fast break, he is too slow to start the offense, not pushing the ball, not athletic, can't finish layups and etc.

And by the way another guy from your list of PGs (rookie Shumpert) who are apparently are no better players than Jameer is ouplaying him right now...And don't get me wrong, I hope Jameer will play better in the 4th quarter...and I understand thats it is just one game as it was with a boxscore of a Detroit-Orlando game we discussed earlier ;)

and another guy from your list-Mike Conley had 20 points, 7 asts, 8 rebounds and 4 steals on 9-13 shooting vs Bulls...

And by the way another guy from your list of PGs (rookie Shumpert) who are apparently are no better players than Jameer is ouplaying him right now...And don't get me wrong, I hope Jameer will play better in the 4th quarter...and I understand thats it is just one game as it was with a boxscore of a Detroit-Orlando game we discussed earlier ;)

Nelson has 8 points, 7 assists and 3 rebounds.

Shumpert has 12 points, 2 assists, and 2 rebounds.

You are literally arguing that 4 extra points is worth 5 assists and a rebound.

You don't know what you're talking about. It was cute at first; now it's just pathetic.