Sign in to follow this  
Secretly Space Jesus

2012 Election thread

OT, are you kidding? arabs love our culture. They've practically reproduced every popular western reality series. I mean there's a "Arabs got Talent" for god's sake.

Are you saying that every single Arab is an Islamo-fascist? Because I sure as hell didn't.

I have a question: when Romney seals this primary up, who do you think he chooses as a running mate? I originally thought maybe Huntsman, because Obama would have a hard time criticizing someone he chose to be ambassador to china, but I don't really know if he brings anything different to the table.

He'll have to go with someone who'll placate the far right wing of the party.

Neither Romney nor Gingrich seem hardline enough to be considered true conservatives, Romney in particular. Yet, if he wins in S. Carolina and Florida, he's pretty much got this thing sealed. If Rick Santorum had any shred of charisma he'd likely be up with those two.

Romney will get the ticket, but will be at a massive disadvantage against Obama, who's been spending all this time raising for his campaign.

He'll have to go with someone who'll placate the far right wing of the party.

I think that would be the wrong decision. Obama's mere existence makes Romney's shortcomings with the fringes irrelevant as far as I'm concerned. I think their hatred for the president will be reason enough to show up and vote.

I think they need a lightning rod like Palin, just not retarded. They need someone that can offset the robot like speech, personality, and mannerisms of Romney. They need some excitement beyond getting the crazy people involved. I'm starting to think someone like Chris Christie. He's loud and unapologetic about his crass style, so I think that could work.

I still think unless Europe completely blows up economically, Obama wins, but something like that would be a solid strategy IMO.

I think that would be the wrong decision. Obama's mere existence makes Romney's shortcomings with the fringes irrelevant as far as I'm concerned. I think their hatred for the president will be reason enough to show up and vote.

I think they need a lightning rod like Palin, just not retarded. They need someone that can offset the robot like speech, personality, and mannerisms of Romney. They need some excitement beyond getting the crazy people involved. I'm starting to think someone like Chris Christie. He's loud and unapologetic about his crass style, so I think that could work.

I still think unless Europe completely blows up economically, Obama wins, but something like that would be a solid strategy IMO.

I was thinking about a Romney/Paul ticket and what that would mean. You'd have the fervent Paulistas and the Romneycrats on the same ticket and of course the Tea Party voters are going to vote for anyone but Obama.

The big question about the Tea Party bloc with a Romney nomination isn't whether they'll vote for Romney or Obama; it's whether they'll vote for Romney or stay home.

If there's one thing the Tea Party movement has shown me, its that they don't stay home. For anything. I think you'll see the Kemps and Palins and Rubios of the movement really fire up the base around election time.

As someone who's voted republican before, I just can't vote for Romney. The man has no convictions, I honestly don't believe he is any different than Obama.

This video says it all

He also said he would of signed the NDAA in last night's debate. Romney has so many supporters but I have yet to meet or hear from one, so I draw the conclusion that his base must be everybody disenfranchised with the current administration. The sad thing is this whole "vote for the candidate that can win" nonsense that the media has construed is actually working, and we may be left with two virtually identical candidates for the general election.

http://money.cnn.com/2012/01/06/news/economy/jobs_report_unemployment/index.htm?iid=Lead

This is the biggest potential problem for the Republican candidate.

Unemployment has already dropped for 4 consecutive months, even as the government was cutting jobs during the same span. If that trend continues into the summer, Obama will have a ton of momentum on the economy to campaign on. Romney can't effectively campaign on health care, and Obama really doesn't have the military and homeland security political weaknesses that most Democrats have. So Romney would be left with no real issue to campaign on, and Obama will likely have a 2 to 1 if not 3 to 1 cash advantage.

Santorum took some wild swings tonight. He made up some ground with allegations against Mitt and Newt, but shot himself in the foot with his answer on SOPA.

I kinda felt bad for Ron Paul. Guy got ignored on virtually every medical-related question.