AddiFB

The Super Awesome, season-long '11-12 Magic 'Strap in' Thread

I don't know, we are already stacked at SG (well as stacked as you can be on this team). Wafer already doesn't get enough minutes to prove anything and we know he has athleticism, also Jrich is starting to play well and we don't even know what we have in Liggins.

I say unless its Monta, #1 focus should be on an SF and PG/backup PF

I don't know, we are already stacked at SG (well as stacked as you can be on this team). Wafer already doesn't get enough minutes to prove anything and we know he has athleticism, also Jrich is starting to play well and we don't even know what we have in Liggins.

I say unless its Monta, #1 focus should be on an SF and PG/backup PF

The good thing about JR is we can pick him up free agency, so we can keep JJ and Ryno. I think we can make a better package if we do this first.

I'm against signing JR Smith, we already have a lot at SG and it would just be more long term salary for a franchise that needs the opposite.

The days of foolishly spending money needs to end for this franchise.

I'm against signing JR Smith, we already have a lot at SG and it would just be more long term salary for a franchise that needs the opposite.

How much did K-Mart sign for? 16m? Is that right? We cant afford something like that but if we get him cheap, we could play J-Rich at the 3. We would have a pretty good guard rotation then.

How much did K-Mart sign for? 16m? Is that right? We cant afford something like that but if we get him cheap, we could play J-Rich at the 3. We would have a pretty good guard rotation then.

If we could get him on a 1 year deal, then cool, but we don't need salary added to our roster anymore. Plus, I don't think SVG would trust him at the defensive end right away. That is why Von Wafer doesn't get minutes.

Hmm..... Having JR Smith here would mean that someone would be departing via a trade. And I would think that person would be JJ Redick.

WE need help at the 2, its been pretty apparent for the past.... forever. The only problem is that Im not sure JR Smith could create his own shot becuase he has been used primarily as a bench player, but a very effective bench player. That would mean he would take over JJ's minutes and most likely lead to a trade at some point.

I would put JR Smith over JJ, based apon his stats, athleticism, and length.

JR Smith (6"6): 24 Min - 43% FG - 39% 3P - 73% FT - 4.1 RB - 12 PPG

J.J. Redick (6"4): 25 Min - 41% FG - 42% 3P - 95% FT - 2.3 RB - 10.9 PPG

JJ might have better FT %, but he doesnt drive to the rim all that often or crash the boards. And JJ struggles against larger defenders like Bostons M.Daniels and recently Dunlevy who were able to chase him off the 3 multiple times.

JR Smith on the other hand, has had alot of success against those same type of defenders by either shooting over them or just taking it to the rim and finishing strong.

Now im not saying that I want JJ gone, but I am saying that we need all the upgrades we can possibly get. And that could mean using JJ as an asset to trade for upgrading another position.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Clippers are in hard pursuit for J.R. especially with Billups out. I'll put money on that they'll get him. Everything has just gone right for them lately.

Except for Chauncey getting injured for the season...