Beast From The East

Game Thread: Heat @ Magic 12/20/11 (preseason)

Are you surprised? SVG's coaching so far this game has been inexcusable, yet you'll keep finding SVG homers defending him all day. Granted, it is preseason, but my god, i think we're getting a taste of how the rest of the season is going to go.

Also, i'd like to add that the PG saga is getting into Jameer's head. He's always been mentally weak.

:svgsad:

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Are you surprised? SVG's coaching so far this game has been inexcusable, yet you'll keep finding SVG homers defending him all day. Granted, it is preseason, but my god, i think we're getting a taste of how the rest of the season is going to go.

Also, i'd like to add that the PG saga is getting into Jameer's head. He's always been mentally weak.

You cry alot.

• Upvote 6
  • Downvote 1

If there is no Hedo, there is no Magic in this situation. Just think for a sec. He is not everything to this team but an important part, more important than nelson, JJ, Jrich or any other. There is almost no possible threat except Howard now and if they defend him well its over for magic. Yea he is a low energy guy, his work ethic is miserable but he is one of the best creative guy in this team. He can shoot better, he can drive the ball better, he is more physical and he can defend Lebron better than his team mates (and i know how his defence is). This team needs high quality players better than Hedo and others; a consistent shooter, a better PG (no need for Cp3 or Dwill), Davis is ok for Pf but there is really a need for backup center. But for today, i think Hedo is needed for Magic.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

What can we do? Get blown out by the heat in preseason 2 consecutive times.

You're acting as if this is something terrible or surprising.

1. it's naive to think that stan is saying "ONLY TAKE THREES, DON'T DRIVE AT ALL!"

2. it's naive to think that when one thing isn't working you should abandon that for the exact opposite extreme

3. Our offense is built around player skill sets. If we had players who had driving to the basket as strengths we would develop a different strategy. Right now our best players at each position are Jameer (strength is shooting threes), JJ (strength is shooting threes), Hedo (strength now is shooting threes; can no longer drive), Anderson ( strength is shooting threes), Dwight (low post)

4. We need to run more pick and rolls which would get our shooters better looks and would put dwight in motion to get him open.

5. When a team full of good three point shooters goes 0-15 something is wrong other than the fact that they all instantly became poor shooters. They're in poor shape and Stan's been running them. That's why every shot looks flat.

1. Is it really that naive to think that this is the case when that's all their doing is shooting 3's? Actually I think it's more naive to think that they are going against what their coach wants them to do.

2. Why? Why does it have to be driving in OR 3's? Why can't it be both? Oh right, our offense has always been one dimensional and will continue to be under this leadership.

3. We're a 3 point shooting team that can't shoot 3's apparently. OK.

4. Agreed.

5. They havent been shooting well since last playoffs and even before then. This isn't an 'instant' change at all. It's been an on going problem and it should have been fixed.

Your argument is like SVG's coaching: non-existent.

SVG is considered one of the best coaches in the league.

You're really annoying.