Sign in to follow this  
Jagsfreak27

An Appeal to Otis Smith

Dear Otis Smith,

I am Florida born and bred. A proud resident of Duval county and bleed for both the Jaguars, and the Magic. Although the distance prohibits me from attending most Orlando home games, I still go to multiple games a year and spend hundreds on merchandise. Just a few years ago, like many Magic fans, I was overjoyed by the then surprising run to the NBA finals. I assumed that the core would remain intact and we would be contenders for years to come, led by a young, energetic superstar big man, with a personality to match his play. After a string of horrible personal decisions I have watched my beloved team go from title contender, to an easy first round out, with little to no flexibility to improve the team. No man of your caliber should be saying how much you like this unbalanced, over-the-hill bunch of overpaid fringe all-stars. Now we learn that our franchise is likely to leave for bigger and better things, just as Shaq did 15 years ago. I ask you Mr. Smith, to imagine the future of Orlando without Dwight Howard. Not only would the city become an NBA afterthought, the brand new arena would be half-filled every night with an long, unpromised road to recovery. Local businesses would suffer immensely, the team would like have to cut jobs and the stability of Orlando as an NBA market could be challenged.

I ask of you just one thing Mr. Smith, do not settle for this mediocre bunch, or let Dwight bully his way out of town, where you accept a horrible trade offer for cents on the dollar. You need to get on the phone with New Orleans, New Jersey and Phoenix and get Dwight a player that he can truly run with. I can assure that Dwight will reach new heights with a superstar caliber point guard on the team. You need to scratch and claw and do everything you can to save Dwight, your job, and the future of this franchise.

Signed,

A concerned fan.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Dear Otis Smith,

I am Florida born and bred. A proud resident of Duval county and bleed for both the Jaguars, and the Magic. Although the distance prohibits me from attending most Orlando home games, I still go to multiple games a year and spend hundreds on merchandise. Just a few years ago, like many Magic fans, I was overjoyed by the then surprising run to the NBA finals. I assumed that the core would remain intact and we would be contenders for years to come, led by a young, energetic superstar big man, with a personality to match his play. After a string of horrible personal decisions I have watched my beloved team go from title contender, to an easy first round out, with little to no flexibility to improve the team. No man of your caliber should be saying how much you like this unbalanced, over-the-hill bunch of overpaid fringe all-stars. Now we learn that our franchise is likely to leave for bigger and better things, just as Shaq did 15 years ago. I ask you Mr. Smith, to imagine the future of Orlando without Dwight Howard. Not only would the city become an NBA afterthought, the brand new arena would be half-filled every night with an long, unpromised road to recovery. Local businesses would suffer immensely, the team would like have to cut jobs and the stability of Orlando as an NBA market could be challenged.

I ask of you just one thing Mr. Smith, do not settle for this mediocre bunch, or let Dwight bully his way out of town, where you accept a horrible trade offer for cents on the dollar. You need to get on the phone with New Orleans, New Jersey and Phoenix and get Dwight a player that he can truly run with. I can assure that Dwight will reach new heights with a superstar caliber point guard on the team. You need to scratch and claw and do everything you can to save Dwight, your job, and the future of this franchise.

Signed,

A concerned fan.

I see your point, feel your pain and agree with you for the most part. I cringe at the prospect of blowing this team up and starting over, but when we look at it in it's current state, it almost beggs to be blown up! But the silver linning is managing this new cba, there is a lot we can do, the question is will we do it right and keep our franchise!

ya got me :/

would it make you feel better if I created a new nickname and responded as Otis Smith?

"yes jagsfreak, thank you for your concern. We have not thought of any of these original ideas. Please join us for a cup of tea and we can discuss more of your creativity at my RDV throne, err complex. HA HA HA HA"

• Downvote 1

would it make you feel better if I created a new nickname and responded as Otis Smith?

"yes jagsfreak, thank you for your concern. We have not thought of any of these original ideas. Please join us for a cup of tea and we can discuss more of your creativity in my RDV throne, err complex. HA HA HA HA"

A more realistic reply would be "I like this team".

dude, get a life. Some of you guys take this ish too seriously.

What do you mean "life"?

Seriously, what is life?

School, work and relationships? We're not sheep, this is what make us love life. Without sports and entertainment I'd rather be dead

• Upvote 2

A more realistic reply would be "I like this team".

I like your sig pic :D

Come onnnn Christmas!!

What do you mean "life"?

Seriously, what is life?

School, work and relationships? We're not sheep, this is what make us love life. Without sports and entertainment I'd rather be dead

i'm not sure if you're joking, but if that's really what you think life is then that is just sad.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 4

i'm not sure if you're joking, but if that's really what you think life is then that is just sad.

Yes, dude. Playing and watching people play sports is a BIG part of my happiness.

How is your life so unique? You must have lots of girls and cars :)