Drain-O

The Official Dwight Howard Everything Thread

Went to bed sad and woke up with a huge smile lol. After reading his quotes and seeing the picture of the team I'm very pumped for the rest of the year. As long as he signs I think this team is air tight and is going to play lights out the rest of the year. It also sets them up pretty for FA in 2013. When the day is done his heart is in Orlando!

Lakers are about to fade into oblivion. Kobe is old and sucking up 20 mill per year, Metta is garbage and untradeable, gotta resign Bynum which will be expensive, Pau is overpaid and old.....y'all screwed son. Good luck with D-Will though

I'm not worried, Kobe is making more then $20 close to $30 in the next few seasons. Lakers have suitors for Pau and we have the Amnesty clause for Metta. It's ok. Lakers have the RICHEST NBA TV deal in history that books them $3 BILLION guaranteed and up to $7Billion if everything goes good. It's good to be a Laker, Lakers can over spend the crap out of anybody if they want... Overpaid is NOT in the Lakers language. I do agree we have some old dudes but Kobe at $20+ is ok. He is still producing big numbers and he also brings in BIG TIME revenue for LA that offsets the payroll. So yes as far as age we are kind of "screwed" but my team NEVER starts from the ground up. I have to point out that I like the Magic too but Lakers are my #1 team and I really do hope Dwight stays in Orlando. D.Will well be interesting!!!

Woj summary

After telling reporters Tuesday night that he hoped to remain with the Magic through the end of the season, Howard reiterated the same message to teammates at a meeting in San Antonio on Wednesday. Howard told teammates that he was “all in” for the rest of the season then proceeded to tell each player what he needed to do for the Magic to win the championship this season, three players told Y! Sports. Howard didn’t commit in the meeting to staying beyond this season.

Howard later had lunch with three teammates in which he told them he planned to opt into the final year of his contract and would remain with the team through next season, a league source said. Howard called Magic CEO Alex Martins from the table and also informed him of his intentions, the source said.

For Howard to eliminate the early termination option from his contract, both he and his agent, Dan HWNSNBU, need to sign waiver paperwork. Before the Magic’s loss to the San Antonio Spurs on Wednesday, Howard told team officials he wouldn’t be signing the forms.

“Dwight doesn’t want to be the bad guy,” one source involved in the process said of Howard’s past 24 hours. “He doesn’t want to be unpopular. He flaked out.”

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylt=AkrosxQ0Dlwu19wl3q49_Oe8vLYF?slug=aw-wojnarowski_dwight_howard_magic_031412

Guys, lets not get our hopes up until pen has touched paper. We have learned over the past couple of weeks that Howard's mind changes like the wind. Don't let your hopes get up again. Just wait until there are confirmed reports that the paperwork has been filed. He said these things at 3:00 AM after a tough game. Lets see what happens when he wakes up this morning.

Looks like Dwight might stay in ORL with you guys. Good job. I didn't think he would leave almost $20 Mill on the table... Good luck Going trough this next season. He won't stay in a small market but I sure hope he does for the sake of your city... What a drama Queen though made LeBron look sane for a long time. I can't imagine having to start a new board with stuff filled with stipulation up until next trade deadline... I don't have a idea about your teams finances as far a contracts. But hopefully there is some expiring contracts in your team. I think Magic and my Lakers well go hard at DWill... Good luck. Oh and I know Lakers have no cap room but we have a few hours before TD and there is always sign and trade. Good luck ORL!

Good luck with Beasley so close to Tiajuana. High with diarrhea playing basketball could get ugly.

Good luck with Beasley so close to Tiajuana. High with diarrhea playing basketball could get ugly.

Yeah no doubt, it's a hit or miss with him but Lakers like him. Sessions looks to be the next Domino to fall for us if that doesn't happen then it's Felton and finally G. Arenas as final choice. We'll see how he plays with a better team. I really liked him in college.

Oh yeah, Beasley is a big time Laker fan so big Ups for that.

Yeah no doubt, it's a hit or miss with him but Lakers like him. Sessions looks to be the next Domino to fall for us if that doesn't happen then it's Felton and finally G. Arenas as final choice. We'll see how he plays with a better team. I really liked him in college.

Oh yeah, Beasley is a big time Laker fan so big Ups for that.

Beasley is good talent that needs someone like Kobe to help pull his head out of his ---. Hopefully he doesn't get caught up like he has in both Miami and recently Minnesota. Unfortunately LA has alot of temptations and could be the last straw for his career. On a personal note, I hope he gets life straight and gets back to playing quality ball. I really hate to see people ruin their life over some dumb sh--.