Drain-O

The Official Dwight Howard Everything Thread

The thing is he doesn't mind staying if he feels the organization is doing everything they can to make this team a championship contender, then he wouldn't feel he's being used for nothing. What he's saying is he doesn't want to waste his career with an organization that pays him just to perform and get eliminated every year, he wants championships.

I'm a fan and I want that. Imo that's understandable.

If you do in fact speak with Dwight, tell him to hire a new goddamn shooting coach. His FTs are much much worse since he hired the current one

I gotcha, won't do nothing but piss him off though lol

I like Dwight a lot, as a player and human being; but I LOVE the Magic. Let him be what he wants to be, eventhough I still don't get him.

If he wants to finally leave, I will take the latest rumor of New York as a trade partner. Amare and Tyson for D12, Hedo and Duhon will be better than what we can get from the lakers and New Jersey.

If jameer's opts out and we trade JJ and Anderson for a guy like Ellis or IGGy and take a true PG next year in the offseason we might still be a contender team.

this is the list for 2012 PG's free agents

Deron Williams, New Jersey Nets – $16.4 million – Player Option ($17.8 million)

Russell Westbrook, Oklahoma City Thunder – $5.1 million – Restricted ($6.7 million Qualifying Offer)

Jrue Holiday, Philadelphia 76ers – $1.7 million – Team Option ($2.7 million)

Steve Nash, Phoenix Suns – $11.7 million – Unrestricted

Raymond Felton, Portland Trail Blazers – $7.6 million – Unrestricted

Kirk Hinrich, Atlanta Hawks – $8.0 million – Unrestricted

Jason Kidd, Dallas Mavericks – $8.6 million – Unrestricted

Andre Miller, Denver Nuggets – $7.8 million – Unrestricted

Chauncey Billups, L.A. Clippers – $2.0 million – Unrestricted

Jameer Nelson, Orlando Magic – $7.8 million – Player Option ($7.8 million)

Toney Douglas, New York Knicks – $1.1 million – Team Option ($2.1 million)

D.J. Augustin, Charlotte Bobcats – $3.2 million – Restricted ($4.4 million Qualifying Offer)

Jason Terry, Dallas Mavericks – $10.7 million – Unrestricted

George Hill, Indiana Pacers – $2.1 million – Restricted ($3.1 million Qualifying Offer)

Jordan Farmar, New Jersey Nets – $4.0 million – Player Option ($4.3 million)

Leandro Barbosa, Toronto Raptors – $7.6 million – Unrestricted

Beno Udrih, Milwaukee Bucks – $7.0 million – Player Option ($7.4 million)

Goran Dragic, Houston Rockets – $2.1 million – Unrestricted*

Jerryd Bayless, Toronto Raptors – $3.0 million – Restricted ($4.2 million Qualifying Offer)

Derek Fisher, L.A. Lakers – $3.4 million – Player Option ($3.4 million)

Randy Foye, L.A. Clippers – $4.3 million – Unrestricted

Mo Williams, L.A. Clippers – $8.5 million – Player Option ($8.5 million)

Jonny Flynn, Houston Rockets – $3.4 million – Team Option ($4.3 million)

Keyon Dooling, Boston Celtics – $2.2 million – Unrestricted

Greivis Vasquez, New Orleans Hornets – $1.1 million – Team Option ($1.2 million)

Ishmael Smith, Golden State Warriors – $0.8 million – Unrestricted*

Ramon Sessions, Cleveland Cavaliers – $4.3 million – Player Option ($4.6 million)

Armon Johnson, Portland Trail Blazers – $0.8 million – Unrestricted*

Sundiata Gaines, New Jersey Nets – $0.9 million – Unrestricted*

A.J. Price, Indiana Pacers – $0.9 million – Unrestricted*

Baron Davis, New York Knicks – $1.4 million – Unrestricted

Royal Ivey, Oklahoma City Thunder – $1.2 million – Unrestricted

John Lucas, Chicago Bulls – $0.9 million – Unrestricted

Nash/Miller/Billups ANY OF THESE PG's and Dragic as backup

Jrich/Liggins/vonwafer

IGGY/Qrich/Justin

Amare/BBD/Justin

Tyson/Free agent Center

We can even add another SG in the free agency.

That is still a lineup I will cheer ON!!!

Nash/Miller/Billups ANY OF THESE PG's and Dragic as backup

Jrich/Liggins/vonwafer

IGGY/Qrich/Justin

Amare/BBD/Justin

Tyson/Free agent Center

We can even add another SG in the free agency.

That is still a lineup I will cheer ON!!!

I'd take Felton over any of those PGs

VanGundy is playing Howard too much these first 8 games.....no other center in the league is averaging over 39 minutes a game and few players at any position are putting this many minutes. Hey Stan, "When we are up by 25 points, sit the big man so he can be fresh for a tougher team like Chicago last night".

Duhon your number two point guard, still can't hold a candle to Larry Hughes who you have on the bench with Q Rich and the rookies. They got three garbage minutes in the fourth quarter when we were up over 20 points. Hughes took Cleveland to the finals, through Chauncy Billups when he played the point for Detroit, his assist and court vision and defense are all better than Duhon. His speed or coverage of the passing lanes is still great, but no playing time. You can see him coaching the other players on the bench, but we didn't get him for that? If your not going to use the bench, release them and get somebody you will let play, Nate Robinson would have been better than Duhon and would have filled the seats (keeping your GM and Owner happy). I believe somebody already picked him up this week though, so no movement by management.

Your starting eight, nobody is playing a smaller squad in the league, most teams are using all 12 players in games, at the least 10 players, we are using eight. It won't work, not with the back to backs, the travel, and this group of players. And I don't know if you can call Duhon's point guard minutes much more activity than sitting on the bench, he is a decent defender (Hughes better) but will never bring the ball into the paint, usually passes off before he hits the 3 point arc.

Either make Dwight happy, or get all you can for him, but don't run the guy and other 6-7 into the ground, there isn't another center putting up the minutes he is in the whole league. If the game is tight, I would play him too, but we have had some wins that the reserves could have held the lead enough for a sure win.

Totally agree, you can't play serious basketball without back-up center! Even if yours first center is best center in the world you must have real back-up center, not BB or some PF for few minutes, no, just some average *****ing center.

I just don't understand how Stan can't realize that, a what Duhon plays so much time and Hughes, Vafer, Ligins just sitting on the bench.

Maybe this is radical, but a think that solution is to fire Stan. Yes, it is risk, but we have nothing to lose. With this tactic and Stan's rotation we have no chance to be in top 4 in the East.

Totally agree, you can't play serious basketball without back-up center! Even if yours first center is best center in the world you must have real back-up center, not BB or some PF for few minutes, no, just some average *****ing center.

I just don't understand how Stan can't realize that, a what Duhon plays so much time and Hughes, Vafer, Ligins just sitting on the bench.

Maybe this is radical, but a think that solution is to fire Stan. Yes, it is risk, but we have nothing to lose. With this tactic and Stan's rotation we have no chance to be in top 4 in the East.

So it's Stan's fault that we don't have a backup center? Quit making him the scapegoat

Firing Stan would help in Dwight staying. Back in the Fall he said he'd rather have that happen than a new roster lol....

That being said Stan is a good coach

So it's Stan's fault that we don't have a backup center? Quit making him the scapegoat

Yes, it is his fault. If Orton is not good enough at least for 10 minutes than he must says to GM and demand a new center instead a lot of guards. We have 5-6 guard's, we didn't sign them because Otis want, we sign them because Stan want a lot of guards, and he even don't use them all/

Some story from the last year, and he still didn't learn anything.Dwight is not happy, rest of players don't happy, fans don't happy. If he don't want to change anything it is time to leave.

Yes, it is his fault. If Orton is not good enough at least for 10 minutes than he must says to GM and demand a new center instead a lot of guards. We have 5-6 guard's, we didn't sign them because Otis want, we sign them because Stan want a lot of guards, and he even don't use them all/

Some story from the last year, and he still didn't learn anything.

Stan's job isn't to "demand" better players, his job is to coach whether he likes the personnel or not