Drain-O

The Official Dwight Howard Everything Thread

Just 8 more days, and we're a) stark raving mad over the worst trade in all of sports history... EVER b ) facepalming over no trades on our front but still faithful that everything is going to be fine, regarding the Dwight situation c) facepalming over lame trades that hardly improve the team or convince Dwight to opt in or stay here long-term d) satisfied with a trade that included Dwight e) shocked how much we got in exchange for Dwight, excited for the future f) feeling empty, might as well just eat newspapers and read cereals.

I have faith in Alex Martins, to be honest.

Is there a "g) all the above" AddiFB?

I think im all the above, changes per minute like the weather in Orlando

Just 8 more days, and we're a) stark raving mad over the worst trade in all of sports history... EVER b ) facepalming over no trades on our front but still faithful that everything is going to be fine, regarding the Dwight situation c) facepalming over lame trades that hardly improve the team or convince Dwight to opt in or stay here long-term d) satisfied with a trade that included Dwight e) shocked how much we got in exchange for Dwight, excited for the future f) feeling empty, might as well just eat newspapers and read cereals.

I have faith in Alex Martins, to be honest.

Kind of makes you feel like a kid a week before Christmas, but then you remember that both of your parents are unemployed.

• Upvote 2

Kind of makes you feel like a kid a week before Christmas, but then you remember that both of your parents are unemployed.

Too Funny.... LMAO

Kind of want the whole thing over with, honestly. One way or the other, this season has not exactly been "fun."

Agreed. I'm tired of this whole mess honestly.

I may be one of the few who has actually gotten over Dwight already. Love the guy and what he has done for us, but I understand the situation and why he would want to leave and am open to trading him if that is whats best for the franchise. We have nobody to blame but ourselves, Dwight has been here for 8 years and we've yet to pair him up with another star and we've mostly filled our roster with over the hill vets on bloated contracts that can't be moved. I can't blame Dwight for not wanting to sign a long term deal here. We'll see what happens this coming week, but I will not upset one bit if he is traded. Unless it is a completly awful deal of course.

• Upvote 2

I may be one of the few who has actually gotten over Dwight already. Love the guy and what he has done for us, but I understand the situation and why he would want to leave and am open to trading him if that is whats best for the franchise. We have nobody to blame but ourselves, Dwight has been here for 8 years and we've yet to pair him up with another star and we've mostly filled our roster with over the hill vets on bloated contracts that can't be moved. I can't blame Dwight for not wanting to sign a long term deal here. We'll see what happens this coming week, but I will not upset one bit if he is traded. Unless it is a completly awful deal of course.

No, I'm there too.

I mean, I really want Dwight to stay, but if he leaves? So be it.

If we trade him for pieces? Okay.

I really don't care as long as we get something out of it (Dwight, players, or salary relief/draft picks). If he DOES leave, I want the Magic to take a long, hard look at OKC and emulate that. Instead of dumping money into bad contracts, dump that money into a front office that can actually research and scout and make good decisions.

No, I'm there too.

I really don't care as long as we get something out of it (Dwight, players, or salary relief/draft picks). If he DOES leave, I want the Magic to take a long, hard look at OKC and emulate that. Instead of dumping money into bad contracts, dump that money into a front office that can actually research and scout and make good decisions.

I believe alot of fans feel the same way. Only thing im concerned with is him opting out and leaving as FA. Why would nets trade now loose drafts and players when they have cap room to simply sign him. Imo looks like that will be scenario. He will have excellent chance at championship that way, no rebuilding.He will blame magic organization for the outcome, especially if we dont make any moves for improvement. BROOKLYN is where he wants to be. IMO!!! 8 more days for city to be held hostage.

I just said the same thing in the "dwight howard" thread (not this one), as much as i like him, i can understand him want to leave, and if he really won't resign, we have to trade him now and get something out of this!

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

SI Reporting

Yet while there would be even more reason for optimism if the Magic could find some help for Howard, two sources close to the situation said their reported attempt to land Ellis simply never happened. Warriors owner Joe Lacob is obsessed with the far-fetched thought of landing Howard himself, and chances are he wouldn't green-light any move -- even if it was a three- or four-team situation -- that helped Orlando keep Howard.

But then again, this is the same guy that approved and used the amnesty clause on a $4million dollar expiring contract; why can't we win on a lopsided traded with another dumb organization?

edit: on second thought, he is showing how stupid he really is by thinking that D12 is ever coming to the Warriors. You know you're officially cursed when another organization's idiocy works against you

No, I'm there too.

We had a better scenario than OKC in dwights rookie deal...net result some years later is we want a "do over". LoL

No, I'm there too.

You guys have hit the sad damn nail on the head. Congrats...and condolences. Otissucks.

SI Reporting

But then again, this is the same guy that approved and used the amnesty clause on a $4million dollar expiring contract; why can't we win on a lopsided traded with another dumb organization?

edit: on second thought, he is showing how stupid he really is by thinking that D12 is ever coming to the Warriors. You know you're officially cursed when another organization's idiocy works against you

The Warriors are really dumb. It actually explains why Otis is so stupid too since he got his front office start there.