Drain-O

The Official Dwight Howard Everything Thread

If the Warriors are so talented with Ellis, Curry, Thompson, Lee, Udoh... why don't keep them and start winning games?

I'd bet for

Nelson / Redick / Turkoglu / Clark / Davis

against

Curry / Ellis / Thompson / Lee / who is your center

Also... if Ellis is an All-Star caliber player, why Mark Jackson keep playing Nate Robinson in crunch time?

I mean... with so many talented players... why is Nate Robinson playing at the end of games??!

If the Warriors are so talented with Ellis, Curry, Thompson, Lee, Udoh... why don't keep them and start winning games?

I'd bet for

Nelson / Redick / Turkoglu / Clark / Davis

against

Curry / Ellis / Thompson / Lee / who is your center

Also... if Ellis is an All-Star caliber player, why Mark Jackson keep playing Nate Robinson in crunch time?

I mean... with so many talented players... why is Nate Robinson playing at the end of games??!

Nate has been playing for Curry who is out with an injury. So to answer you question because Nate Robinson is their backup PG

Klay doesn't start, Dorrell Wright does and Brandon Rush comes off the bench for him. Clay is the 8th/ 9th man in the rotation, with the same skill set as J.J

Nate has been playing for Curry who is out with an injury.

Klay doesn't start, Dorrell Wright does and Brandon Rush comes off the bench for him. Clay is the 8th/ 9th man in the rotation, with the same skill set as J.J

Then Nate Robinson is the 6th option, before Klay and Klay is the same as JJ?

Which means you saying Nate Robinson and Brandon Rush are better players than JJ?

LOL

Why don't you like Ellis on the magic?

You hate seeing a guy who can create his own shot and can only be stopped by double teams?

You are going to miss the stellar defense of Jameer JJ or JRich?

You really think ellis would be inefficient in an inside out offense with Dwight?

Wow..lol..no. Ellis would be a beast here with Dwight drawing double teams from the bottom 80% of the league. Then we play the Celtics/Hawks/Bulls/Heat and no one can guard Ellis 1 on 1 and the game changes in our favor.

The main reason why I do not like Ellis on this team is that as currently constructed, he does not fill the most imminent needs of the team. I have been on record multiple times saying that I believe goals #1 and #2 should be two perimeter defenders->one that plays strictly in the backcourt, and then one that can also defend the post sufficiently if called on to. #3 is someone who can create for others-not themselves. #4 on the list is a scorer like Ellis who MAY take over a game and MAY require double teams at times. People are obsessed with scorers, so they automatically feel like they are the answer-Orlando has become purgatory for scorers of recent years because the system does not bode well for volume shots-our system is based off of offensive efficiency! When we take volume shots and miss-we lose (refer muliple 30 3pt attempt games with low %). What makes anyone think that bringing a poor shooting volume scorer in now is going to change anything? Sure, Ellis is younger than the other prolific scorers we have brought in here, but those older scorers were also more well rounded scorers than Ellis (skilled). Will he make the transition to a complete player?

For example, I think we would be a better TEAM with Gerald Henderson + Tyrus Thomas than we would with Monte Ellis...just my opinion, but I have heard the arguments for Ellis and I just don't buy it.

I think Ellis' advantage is based on athleticism, not skill. There, I said it. I like skilled players. I would move Ellis to the front of the line if he came with a Dwight extension though...of course.

Short story long, I like his athleticism, but I am afraid of him shooting the ball-period. I am afraid of how long it will take for him to learn how to play defense-if ever. I am concerned he will change the culture of the team in a bad way-but that is just based off of how he acts/his reputation. I am afraid of his contract and what it could/would become after next season. I am afraid of being stuck with a hobbled/aging player in a few years who relies on quickness to score-when that is literally all he contributes.

That last paragraph of yours is pure speculation based off opinion. I don't want Ellis spotting up at the 3 point line, he will miss 3 times out of 4-and that wouldnt even be considered an 'off night' for him.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Then Nate Robinson is the 6th option, before Klay and Klay is the same as JJ?

Which means you saying Nate Robinson and Brandon Rush are better players than JJ?

LOL

What is wrong with you?

Nate Robinson is a Point Guard so when Curry is hurt they replace him with a backup Point Guard.

Lets put this simple so even a Magic fan can understand.

When the Magic take out Dwight because he picks up 2 fouls 2 minutes into a game they don't replace him with J.J. because they want to keep size of the floor. he would be replaced by Earl Clark or Big Baby whomever, that doesn't mean either of those players are better then J.J.

Okay now that we are done with that

Klay Thompson is a Rookie in a lockout season where teams are barely practicing playing behind Monta Ellis who usually leads the league in minutes. He should be good and will probably end up with a more successful career then J.J. by looking at their early numbers, if not better then similar.

I compared Klay Thompson to J.J. because they are the same type of player. I would rather have Klay Thompson then J.J. and Brandon Rush and Nate Robinson are fine players as well.

Why Childress?

The Suns will want us to take back a bad contract and Childress has another 4 years left. Plus if we can get rid of Hedo for a bag of peanuts that would be great. Hedo played with Nash already and stunk it up because the ball wasn't in his hands. Childress will be our new SF.

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=82kkltu

Something like this would be great.

The Suns will want us to take back a bad contract and Childress has another 4 years left. Plus if we can get rid of Hedo for a bag of peanuts that would be great. Hedo played with Nash already and stunk it up because the ball wasn't in his hands. Childress will be our new SF.

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=82kkltu

Something like this would be great.

Why does Detriot want Hedo?

why do the suns want Nelson?

just asking, not hating or anything just curious

I'm not sure if they used their amnesty but I could see them using it on Villanueva

What is wrong with you?

Nate Robinson is a Point Guard so when Curry is hurt they replace him with a backup Point Guard.

Lets put this simple so even a Magic fan can understand.

When the Magic take out Dwight because he picks up 2 fouls 2 minutes into a game they don't replace him with J.J. because they want to keep size of the floor. he would be replaced by Earl Clark or Big Baby whomever, that doesn't mean either of those players are better then J.J.

Okay now that we are done with that

Klay Thompson is a Rookie in a lockout season where teams are barely practicing playing behind Monta Ellis who usually leads the league in minutes. He should be good and will probably end up with a more successful career then J.J. by looking at their early numbers, if not better then similar.

I compared Klay Thompson to J.J. because they are the same type of player. I would rather have Klay Thompson then J.J. and Brandon Rush and Nate Robinson are fine players as well.

Nate Robinson is a small Shooting Guard. He plays at PG because he can't handle SGs.

Ellis keep the ball when he's with Nate. Which means the Warriors could play Ellis and Rush/Thompson in the backcourt, and they do it sometimes.

If Nate is the first backcourt option with the Warriors, with Rush and Thompson being 2nd and 3rd options it they should be better than JJ if Thompson is at the same level as JJ.

But none of them is better than JJ. Maybe you should try to compare them with Von Wafer for a better sucessful rate.

Nate has been playing for Curry who is out with an injury. So to answer you question because Nate Robinson is their backup PG

Your assessment of Redick and Klay defies logic. You realize that Redick can play, right? Klay Thompson wouldn't get any burn on the Magic, not until next year at the earliest. Their rookie numbers compare pretty well going back to a previous comment of yours. Lets just say that Klay will have to improve his entire game consistently for 6 consecutive years to be near Redick in terms of impact. Redick is a foundation for a championship, until he shows otherwise, Klay will have to prove that he belongs before he can be compared to players with solid playoff credentials.

Ellis keep the ball when he's with Nate. Which means the Warriors could play Ellis and Rush/Thompson in the backcourt, and they do it sometimes.

No he doesn't

and Thompson potential > J.J. Redick (I guess prime) was all I was simply saying.

Stop defending J.J and start throwing him in more trades because he is "above average"