Drain-O

The Official Dwight Howard Everything Thread

Thinking about this closely, why wouldn't J.R. come here? I mean, we have a pretty nice setup here in the Sunshine state. No taxes, a brand new arena, top of the line training facility, an excellent coaching staff, and a top ten team in the NBA, plus one of his best friend's play there. Playing in a Clipper's uniform would be...and I repeat, would be the worst thing for him. One, how would the offense work? It wouldn't. There would be too many people who would need the ball and someone's scoring would take a huge hit. Secondly, J.R. Smith to Clippers would not change their position in the west. They still won't beat Oklahoma and by far still in a process of figuring things out. Adding a new piece to the puzzle would just hurt the Clippers more now than help them, but the Magic are in a different boat. Adding Smith would change things...one we need a scorer who can create, he would fit the bill, and he seems to be a pretty good defender, last year not included, and plus he would get to play with a very dominant defender in Dwight Howard. On a team like Orlando, he could be the third piece, the second piece is Ryan, to a very dynamic scoring offensive starting unit, and also would strengthen the defense of the starting unit as well. Plus, Orlando can offer him more money, just thought I would throw that out there. In L.A., he would have to deal with a lot of things...namely he would have to learn not to be "The guy", technically his growth has made him that guy, and the problem is in a Clipper's uniform he would always be a third or fourth fiddle to the stars of Griffin and Paul. So does he want to be the third fiddle or the second fiddle? To be honest, I think the choice is easy. You play with friends, you get more money, play in a better arena, and probably make a huge splash in the playoffs. I kind of think it is a no brainer, but these are crazy times, and anything can happen.

JR Smith has been tweeting a lot, a LOT about the Clippers. Even personally tweeting with Clippers fans and even CP3.

Could be trying to create some leverage in hopes of getting a bigger chunk of our MLE, or maybe he's genuinely interested in LA...who knows. Are there any sources that can confirm we are even interested in JR Smith btw?

If we did get JR, getting Ellis wouldn't be a good fit.

Get Nash if we go that route.

We would have a crazy good offense

Dwight pick and rolls all day

With NJ moving to Brooklyn, I don't think they would get rid of Deron. They need a face for the franchise.

Kinda like we need a face for our new arena....oh wait.

Reading articles like the one below, really lets you appriciate how great Dwight is. Its him and Lebron, and then everyone else. For people bringing up trades of Dwight for Brook Lopez, its just an insult. Might as well just let Dwight walk, then trade for junk. Otis better be doing everything he can after March 1st to bring another star player to our team,

http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/7581157/dwight-howard-value-second-only-lebron-james-nba

• Downvote 2