Drain-O

The Official Dwight Howard Everything Thread

Any news on the magic front Catman?

nothing tangible except that they are going to try and make trades if they get the right deal.

Nash and Ellis are targets. JRich ,JJ, Ryno are the best trade bait pieces.

Nash..38..on a mediocre team and is an all star. What a beast.

nothing tangible except that they are going to try and make trades if they get the right deal.

Thanks Catman I love what Ellis brings to the game and he is a lot more mature than what ppl give him credit for

If we could throw Big Baby into the deal and get back the same haul from New Jersey, I'd be thrilled honestly. We'd dump the three worst contracts on our team for expirings, cap space and draft picks. I'm not a Brook Lopez fan, but he could be moved, even after being re-signed. This would at least give us options going forward. Plus, I really like MarShon Brooks.

I'd prefer Bynum, but there isn't a package with the Lakers that can get us the cap space, youth and picks we need. Plus Dwight seems to really want to be in Brooklyn with D-Will next year. I'm sure he is open to Dallas and LA, but as of now it seems his heart is set on playing with Deron in Brooklyn.

What Dwight wants shouldn't factor into our decision making process. If he doesn't want to be here, ***** him. We take the best deal available and he can suck our collective cocks...figuratively of course.

If Otis was able to get rid of both Turk and BBD in a Dwight trade I would consider that a success.

Remember that BBD's contract falls under the new stretch rules. So if we had to, we could cut him and he would cost around 2 mil against the cap per year. Though its not really worth it to do that.

If we can get Nash...we will go deep into the playoffs. Just going to have to wait along till March to see what happens.

I think if we were able to get Nash, He would by far be a better player than anyone else so far. Even at 38, dude is in serious shape. I wouldn't be surprised if he wanted to play one more year. I like Nash. Lets go get him.

I hardly ever propose trades at all but since it seems to be the cool thing to do with the new young and hip crowd on the board:

There is really only two routes the Magic can take here if they decide to trade Dwight. The first is still trying to be a competitive, title contending team. My suggestion for this route would be a 3 team deal. I won't put fillers in that make salary cap work, I'm just going off the main guys.

Lakers get:

Dwight Howard

Magic get:

Andrew Bynum

Monta Ellis

Warriors get:

Pau Gasol

Fillers and dumpin contracts like Hedo, Artest, and Biedrins are of course part of it but thats what the trade centers around. That would be one trade to stay in contention that I would be perfectly happy with. A Magic squad centering around Bynum, Ellis, and Anderson to me is definitely worth letting Dwight go, and actually may even be a better team.

Now if you go other route, we are going for a total blowup start over. This is where the New Jersey deal is best.

Nets get:

Dwight Howard

Hedo Turkgolu

Magic Get:

Brook Lopez

Both 1st round picks 2012

1st round pick 2013

Clear salary cap. Bring in picks. If Lopez doesn't look like he is getting it, flip him for more picks in the 2012 draft, which looks to be like one of the most stacked classes out there.

But that's of course if you are going the trade route. I personally am just fine with calling Dwight's bluff and making him leave 30 million on the table. Try to make a trade to bring in a guy like Ellis or Steve Nash and pair him with Dwight.

• Downvote 1

I hardly ever propose trades at all but since it seems to be the cool thing to do with the new young and hip crowd on the board:

There is really only two routes the Magic can take here if they decide to trade Dwight. The first is still trying to be a competitive, title contending team. My suggestion for this route would be a 3 team deal. I won't put fillers in that make salary cap work, I'm just going off the main guys.

Lakers get:

Dwight Howard

Magic get:

Andrew Bynum

Monta Ellis

Warriors get:

Pau Gasol

Fillers and dumpin contracts like Hedo, Artest, and Biedrins are of course part of it but thats what the trade centers around. That would be one trade to stay in contention that I would be perfectly happy with. A Magic squad centering around Bynum, Ellis, and Anderson to me is definitely worth letting Dwight go, and actually may even be a better team.

Now if you go other route, we are going for a total blowup start over. This is where the New Jersey deal is best.

Nets get:

Dwight Howard

Hedo Turkgolu

Magic Get:

Brook Lopez

1st round pick 2013

Clear salary cap. Bring in picks. If Lopez doesn't look like he is getting it, flip him for more picks in the 2012 draft, which looks to be like one of the most stacked classes out there.

But that's of course if you are going the trade route. I personally am just fine with calling Dwight's bluff and making him leave 30 million on the table. Try to make a trade to bring in a guy like Ellis or Steve Nash and pair him with Dwight.

Honestly, I'd prefer the Nets trade. Throw in Marshon Brooks and maybe a few more draft picks, and I'd be satisfied.

Edit: But that's if we have to trade Dwight. There's no question he is a great player, but I'm starting to question how much you'd want him in your locker room.

Honestly, I'd prefer the Nets trade. Throw in Marshon Brooks and maybe a few more draft picks, and I'd be satisfied.

Edit: But that's if we have to trade Dwight. There's no question he is a great player, but I'm starting to question how much you'd want him in your locker room.

Dwights been smoking some of that red kryptonite.

• Upvote 1

"Howard said he wants to be a closer like Kobe Bryant, but there aren't many Kobes in this league, and it's rare — if not unheard of — to put the ball in the hands of a cold-shooting, free-throw-clunking center when it's rally or bust."

Howard must learn to share Magic spotlight

Two thumbs up for this article.

I have no idea who Sam Gardner is, but that article is absolutely spot on. For those of you on the "Dwight's right, he should get the ball the entire fourth quarter because our squad sucks" bandwagon, keep in mind the timing of the comments and the fact that he's discussing his desire to be the closer, and trusted as the leader of the team, with the MEDIA not his teammates, right after a comeback win in a game that he absolutely sucked in. Sorry Dwight, that's not leadership and there's a reason your teammates don't trust you. Leaders don't have to say they are leaders, and essentially beg for the role from their teammtes through the media, they just go out and lead. I really believe Dwight wants to be a leader, but its become clear he doesn't know how to play that role.

• Downvote 1

Lakers get:

Dwight Howard

Magic get:

Andrew Bynum

Monta Ellis

Warriors get:

Pau Gasol

Nets get:

Dwight Howard

Hedo Turkgolu

Magic Get:

Brook Lopez

1st round pick 2013

Well, I haven't posted any trade scenarios, I am old enough to say that I saw Wilt Chamberlain play against Bill Russell once in Boston, so I feel pretty confident that you aren't referring to me in your opening sentence, although my wife used to travel with the Bob Seeger Band (her boyfriend was the lead guitar player) and she thinks I'm pretty hip, so maybe you were. Anyway, I pretty much agree with your trade ideas considering the fact that we don't have much leverage thanks to Dwight telling the world that he wants out. As far as calling his bluff, well, he would make a lousy poker player. When he comes out with *****ing about not getting the ball enough, wanting to be like Kobe (in his dreams), and basically throwing his team and coach under the bus after a WIN ('It's all about winning to me" Dwight Howard), I am convinced that he is not bluffing. I don't think he's smart enough to bluff. I truly hope I'm wrong because if we trade off the few good chips we have, Ryan and JJ, to try to pacify this guy, and he walks......................... Nuff said.