Drain-O

The Official Dwight Howard Everything Thread

http://www.nba.com/2011/news/12/11/howard-magic.ap/index.html?ls=iref:nbahpt2

Smith told the Orlando Sentinel on Sunday that the team hasn't completely ignored Howard's input. Howard has previously mentioned players like New Orleans' Chris Paul and New Jersey's Deron Williams as talent he'd like to play with. Howard said those suggestions weren't offered just this offseason, but over the past few years.

"We looked at some," Smith told the newspaper. "Some we have. Some we don't. So I'm not necessarily saying that he isn't accurate. I think that there was a list. Some of them are duplicate talent, which is something you can't do all the time. Some, quite frankly, are on your roster.

"...When it's your best player, you really do consult your best player on everything. You do. So you consult your best player on free agency. You consult your best players on trades. And that's not uncommon. And I have done that."

Howard also wanted to keep Agent 0.

Howard also wanted to keep Agent 0.

LOL Yeah I heard about that. Howard actually supports ridiculous contracts for underachievers. Maybe thats half our problem here? Otis consulted with Dwight a little too much? LOL

As stated before, thats why players play and managers manage.

Dwight has changed in the past couple of years and we all saw this coming with his on the court behavior. All of a sudden the past 2-3 seasons he's getting technicals and getting all pissy with the refs. That behavior leads me to believe that he doesn't like to be told what to do. That can happen when young players get famous too quick and build up a high ego. Big Baby Davis or Big Baby Dwight?

We need to get rid of Otis. How does he still have his job? He has done nothing to bring any one good to play with Dwight. It seems Otis has no pull in the league. How does D. Will slip by and goes to Jersey without us trying to pick him up. We instead bring a problem child in Arenas and a player we wouldnt pay money for when he had him in Turk. Its not Dwight's job to go get players. How can the owners of the Magic let him use up all of their money without results? We had one of the highest payrolls in the world in all sports... and we can't win a championship? There is one reason why we haven't and its Otis. Sorry, but he has to go.

How does D. Will slip by and goes to Jersey without us trying to pick him up.

Deron Williams was traded to, quite literally, the first team that called and asked about him, and the GM that asked about him only did so initially as a joke. Even he admitted that.

Deron Williams was traded to, quite literally, the first team that called and asked about him, and the GM that asked about him only did so initially as a joke. Even he admitted that.

Are you implying the Magic could've had him or is this just sarcasm?

I'm surprised at the amount of people taking dwights comments at face value. He wants to leave and is deflecting the blame to entities other than himself. Not to say there isn't some truth to his allegations but there's too many contradicting statements out there. The phx deal screamed of dwights involvement.

Dwight has a right to leave if he wants to, I just wish he'd stop patronizing us while he tries to not be a bad guy.

Soooo how can we keep dwight here??

http://espn.go.com/n...tradeId=c3dn3qw

then buyout baron's contract...

then trade j rich, q rich, duhon to utah for okur, draft pick

sign vet min players to fill out the roster

then trade big baby, orton for 2nd rd pick

basically clear cap like miami did and sign williams and potentially another star to play with dwight

OTIS ILL DO YOUR JOB PLEASE!!!!

I'm surprised at the amount of people taking dwights comments at face value. He wants to leave and is deflecting the blame to entities other than himself. Not to say there isn't some truth to his allegations but there's too many contradicting statements out there. The phx deal screamed of dwights involvement.

Dwight has a right to leave if he wants to, I just wish he'd stop patronizing us while he tries to not be a bad guy.

I am still burning his jersey once he leaves...

Agreed. Dwight's acting as if he's flawless and Orlando is holding him back. What a slap in the face to the fans who supported him through the years.

Dwight has always been the personality that likes to point the blame to everyone except himself. Just like the playoffs, he blamed his teammates. During the season, he blamed his coach. Now he's blaming Otis. Superman my ***. More like poopy man.

• Upvote 1

Agreed. Dwight's acting as if he's flawless and Orlando is holding him back. What a slap in the face to the fans who supported him through the years.

Dwight has always been the personality that likes to point the blame to everyone except himself. Just like the playoffs, he blamed his teammates. During the season, he blamed his coach. Now he's blaming Otis. Superman my ***. More like poopy man.

Dwight's 26 yrs old. Of course he is conflicted. But judging by his behavior over the years I think he would like to stay as much as he would like to go. However we could make it easier for him to leave if we don't get another superstar. I wanted Otis to be fired over a year ago. He has put this franchise in dire straights and if Dwight leaves the hole will be so deep it will take at least 5 years to compete for a championship. Suck it up and do whatever is necessary to keep Dwight. The alternative is scarier than "Fright Nights" at Universal Studios.