Drain-O

The Official Dwight Howard Everything Thread

Kaman is depth in case D12 leaves.

Getting Kaman would be concession that Dwight is gone.

I believe and have heard Otis will go after Monta.

He has called and always stayed in touch about him.

Devos has to be sold on him though. Too bad. The magic have a nice owner, but he also has put together a shoddy front office and has leaned to heavily on "moral" players when half the "moral" guys he gets are cheating on their wives, partying all the time and doing everything other "bad" players do on other teams.

Kaman is a free agent. So if we trade for Kaman, and Dwight walks in the off season. We would then have to resign Kaman to a 8 to 10 million dollar a year contract just to keep him. Great rebuilding plan!

Kaman is a free agent. So if we trade for Kaman, and Dwight walks in the off season. We would then have to resign Kaman to a 8 to 10 million dollar a year contract just to keep him. Great rebuilding plan!

There just are not a lot of good C's out there though.

I don't really want Kaman here either.

And 30 Assists, I agree. Devos in terms of personnel moves, is a very bad owner.

Our front Office is really, really bad.

Brooken Foot is not an asset when a team signs him to a $13 million dollar offer sheet in Restricted Free Agency.

With Kardashian and Okur gone...we will be left with Marshon Booken Toe, 5 picks in the 20's (otis cant draft), and a ton of cap space with nobody to to use it on in Free Agency.

Even at 10-13 million dollars, Lopez would be more of an asset than anyone on our roster right now minus Dwight. The NBA lacks quality bigs, and a 7 footer who can score 20 ppg is rare. He is at least young and moveable, unlike anyone else on our roster except Ryan/JJ. MarShon Brooks is a guy with big scoring potential as well, he is a tradeable piece but I think would likely stay here.

You're assuming Otis will still be in charge for those picks, and even if he were, he DID find C-Lee at 22 years ago. His only recent draft blunder was Orton and we practically were picking in the 2nd round that year. Otis has been trading draft picks left and right. The Nets' pick this year could be a lottery one, and I'd rather have some picks in the 20s then no picks at all when rebuilding.

I'm not banging the drum to make this deal, but it is better than nothing to rebuild with. If we just let Dwight walk, we have an overpaid veteran team that can't win and can't be moved. If we can move some of our trash in exchange for younger assets in a Dwight deal, I'm down with it. Just no lame half-ass attempts to win trades. If Dwight is gone, I want to rebuild, not become an annual 42 win team.

Even at 10-13 million dollars, Lopez would be more of an asset than anyone on our roster right now minus Dwight. The NBA lacks quality bigs, and a 7 footer who can score 20 ppg is rare. He is at least young and moveable, unlike anyone else on our roster except Ryan/JJ. MarShon Brooks is a guy with big scoring potential as well, he is a tradeable piece but I think would likely stay here.

You're assuming Otis will still be in charge for those picks, and even if he were, he DID find C-Lee at 22 years ago. His only recent draft blunder was Orton and we practically were picking in the 2nd round that year. Otis has been trading draft picks left and right. The Nets' pick this year could be a lottery one, and I'd rather have some picks in the 20s then no picks at all when rebuilding.

I'm not banging the drum to make this deal, but it is better than nothing to rebuild with. If we just let Dwight walk, we have an overpaid veteran team that can't win and can't be moved. If we can move some of our trash in exchange for younger assets in a Dwight deal, I'm down with it. Just no lame half-ass attempts to win trades. If Dwight is gone, I want to rebuild, not become an annual 42 win team.

7 foot Centers that cant rebound with a brooken foot are trouble. Lopez will get an offer from some crazy GM starting around 13 million dollars. Heck he might get an offer of 15 million dollars based on how crazy these GM's are. If Otis matches any of these crazy offers, we are going to be in trouble for years to come. Lopez might start missing 20 plus games a year. I just dont want to see this guy as the face of our franchies. If your going to rebuild, having him is not the answer.

7 foot Centers that cant rebound with a brooken foot are trouble. Lopez will get an offer from some crazy GM starting around 13 million dollars. Heck he might get an offer of 15 million dollars based on how crazy these GM's are. If Otis matches any of these crazy offers, we are going to be in trouble for years to come. Lopez might start missing 20 plus games a year. I just dont want to see this guy as the face of our franchies. If your going to rebuild, having him is not the answer.

If some crazy GM is willing to offer him that in FA, then some crazy GM is willing to trade for him too. I'm not a Brook Lopez fan at all and he is NOT the reason I'd make this trade. I'd make the trade because it gives us more options to rebuild with. It isn't the best scenario, but I'd take the young assets, cap space and picks and start rebuilding.

If some crazy GM is willing to offer him that in FA, then some crazy GM is willing to trade for him too. I'm not a Brook Lopez fan at all and he is NOT the reason I'd make this trade. I'd make the trade because it gives us more options to rebuild with. It isn't the best scenario, but I'd take the young assets, cap space and picks and start rebuilding.

There are a lot of crazy GM's out there. Take a look at these current contracts for NBA Centers:

Chris Kamen 2012 $14 million dollars

Okafor 2013 $14 million Dollars

Okur 2012 $10 Million Dollars

Nene 2012 $13 Million Dollars

DeAndre Jordan 2014 $12 Million Dollars

Marcus Gasol 2014 $15.8 Million Dollars

Bogut 2013 $14 Million Dollars

Tyson Chandler 2014 $14 Million dollars

Al Jefferson 2012 $15 Million Dollars

Lopez will get paid starting around $13 million or more.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

There are a lot of crazy GM's out there. Take a look at these current contracts for NBA Centers:

why did this get downvoted; Offensively, Lopez is better than half those guys. It's not crazy to project he will get $13m. I think he'll get around $11m though, b/c of his injury. Unless he plays all-starish when he gets back.

I think, no matter how we play this, if we lose Dwight Howard, we're going to be in for a few painful years. I say we take a page from the Sonics/OKC book and rebuild through the draft. Get a bunch of good, young players, build something special, and make something happen.

Of course, that'll mean investing in an actual front office and scouting unit and I don't know if RDV is up for that.

why did this get downvoted; Offensively, Lopez is better than half those guys. It's not crazy to project he will get $13m. I think he'll get around $11m though, b/c of his injury. Unless he plays all-starish when he gets back.

Not sure, but I'll zero it out. It's not that I think Lopez is worth that, especially not with his foot injury (which will probably end his career, if history has anything to say about it), but not being worth something and not being paid it are two different things. I mean, as a Magic fan, we know ALL ABOUT overpaying for talent because it fills a hole on the roster.

I could see a team desperate for an offensive-minded center signing Lopez for the 10-13 range....and regretting it for the rest of the contract.

I never said he won't get a salary like that, he probably will. But with that salary he can still be moved. I'm not saying we need to make this trade, but if we did, I wouldn't be upset. I'm honestly looking forward to rebuilding and some new faces.

I never said he won't get a salary like that, he probably will. But with that salary he can still be moved. I'm not saying we need to make this trade, but if we did, I wouldn't be upset. I'm honestly looking forward to rebuilding and some new faces.

Totally agree. Another thought is to wait until the trade deadline passes and if we haven't done anything, bench Dwight for the rest of the year and tank the season.

Knowing Otis he will match a Offer that starts at 14 million one year one and ends up at 16 million on his 5th year of the contract. And then we have to suffer and watch Lopez miss 25 games a year re-injuring his foot. Lopez starts getting on NBA most Overpaid player lists on ESPN for the next 5 years and everyone is laughing at us. Lopez might be good on offense, but his defense is laughable, and he cant grab a rebound to save his life. We will be outrebounded every game. We would be lucky to win 30 games a year with Lopez as our center piece.

It will be really hard to move him if that happens. If we do the NJ trade, I would hope it could be a 3 team deal so we can send Lopez somewhere else for a high draft pick or something. Maybe trade him to Philly for Evan Turner, or to Bos for Rondo, or to OKC for Harden. We will stink..and we will have to rebuild for the next couple of years...but atleast we wont have to watch an overpaid 7 foot center who cant rebound and plays no D for the next 5 years.