Drain-O

The Official Dwight Howard Everything Thread

Or, you know, that we are trying to make an informed decision and make a move that is best for this team. Do you really think Otis isn't trying to keep Dwight in Orlando?

if you tell your girl friend, you can see other people. it just does not sound right. I think it could influence howard even more to want to leave. Of course, they are going to tell him everything he wants to hear. I have never heard of this type of stuff during the season with players. (only coaches) It just sends bad signals. IMO

Way back in May I suggested the Magic trade Dwight Howard to the Chicago Bulls. You guys laughed at me and said Dwight Howard loves O-Town, he's not going anywhere. Now that the apocalypse has arrived in Central Florida, perhaps you guys should reconsider the generosity of our offer.

http://truebluenation.com/forum/index.php?/topic/22382-if-magic-trade-dwight-howard-chicago-bulls-ideal-destination/page__p__619702__hl__%2Bomer+%2Basik__fromsearch__1#entry619702

Here is what the competing teams have to offer:

Brooklyn Nets: Brook Lopez, two 1st Rd picks, maybe throw in Mr. Kardashian

Dallas Mavericks: Roddy Beaubois, JJ Barea, future 1st Rd picks

LA Lakers: Andrew Bynum

Nothing too exciting there right? Considering the Utah Jazz brought back the Brinks truck (Derrick Favors, Enes Kanter, Devin Harris) in return for Deron Williams, no way Orlando makes any of those above trades.

Here is where Magic fans should protest for Otis Smith to pick up the phone and call Chicago. The Bulls have plenty of young, promising talent, plus a superstar PG that would entice D.Howard to sign long-term. Plus, Chicago is a big market. Dwight would come to Chicago, and Orlando gets back the best possible haul via trade.

Offer A : Carlos Boozer + Omer Asik + Nikola Mirotic +2012 1st Rd Pick

Offer B : Joakim Noah + Taj Gibson + Nikola Mirotic + 2012 1st Rd pick

If Orlando take offer (A), Omer Asik is basically like getting Marcin Gortat back. He is a younger, bigger version of the Polish Hammer. If you guys prefer Noah, you will be bringing back a Florida icon. The kicker here is that the Bulls can offer a lottery pick in Nikola Mirotic that no one else can offer. Mirotic was pegged as a top 10 draft pick in the 2011 NBA Draft. Because he will not come over for another two years, he fell to us in the draft. But the rebuilding Magic can afford to wait while they get the immediate services of Boozer/Asik or Noah/Gibson.

Plus we will take back the bad contract of Hedo Turgkoglu. With the amnesty of Gil Arenas, the Magic suddenly become players in the FA market, plus have a plethora of young, rising talent to off-set the loss of it's hometown hero. You can either bend over and take it in the azz by letting D-12 leave for nothing, a la the Cavs and LeBron. Or you can flip Dwight Howard into a young, up-and-coming team:

C - Omer Asik

PF - Carlos Boozer

SF - Nikola Mirotic

SG - JJ Redick

PG - Jameer Nelson

Your call Magic fans.

Way back in May I suggested the Magic trade Dwight Howard to the Chicago Bulls. You guys laughed at me and said Dwight Howard loves O-Town, he's not going anywhere. Now that the apocalypse has arrived in Central Florida, perhaps you guys should reconsider the generosity of our offer.

http://truebluenation.com/forum/index.php?/topic/22382-if-magic-trade-dwight-howard-chicago-bulls-ideal-destination/page__p__619702__hl__%2Bomer+%2Basik__fromsearch__1#entry619702

Here is what the competing teams have to offer:

Brooklyn Nets: Brook Lopez, two 1st Rd picks, maybe throw in Mr. Kardashian

Dallas Mavericks: Roddy Beaubois, JJ Barea, future 1st Rd picks

LA Lakers: Andrew Bynum

Nothing too exciting there right? Considering the Utah Jazz brought back the Brinks truck (Derrick Favors, Enes Kanter, Devin Harris) in return for Deron Williams, no way Orlando makes any of those above trades.

Here is where Magic fans should protest for Otis Smith to pick up the phone and call Chicago. The Bulls have plenty of young, promising talent, plus a superstar PG that would entice D.Howard to sign long-term. Plus, Chicago is a big market. Dwight would come to Chicago, and Orlando gets back the best possible haul via trade.

Offer A : Carlos Boozer + Omer Asik + Nikola Mirotic +2012 1st Rd Pick

Offer B : Joakim Noah + Taj Gibson + Nikola Mirotic + 2012 1st Rd pick

If Orlando take offer (A), Omer Asik is basically like getting Marcin Gortat back. He is a younger, bigger version of the Polish Hammer. If you guys prefer Noah, you will be bringing back a Florida icon. The kicker here is that the Bulls can offer a lottery pick in Nikola Mirotic that no one else can offer. Mirotic was pegged as a top 10 draft pick in the 2011 NBA Draft. Because he will not come over for another two years, he fell to us in the draft. But the rebuilding Magic can afford to wait while they get the immediate services of Boozer/Asik or Noah/Gibson.

Plus we will take back the bad contract of Hedo Turgkoglu. With the amnesty of Gil Arenas, the Magic suddenly become players in the FA market, plus have a plethora of young, rising talent to off-set the loss of it's hometown hero. You can either bend over and take it in the azz by letting D-12 leave for nothing, a la the Cavs and LeBron. Or you can flip Dwight Howard into a young, up-and-coming team:

C - Omer Asik

PF - Carlos Boozer

SF - Nikola Mirotic

SG - JJ Redick

PG - Jameer Nelson

Your call Magic fans.

That deal is still ****

Wow the 28th pick in the 2012 draft. We feel so honored for that deal.

OMER ASIK aka The Turkish Hammer aka The IstanBul aka The Iron Sik

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uLprBCKW2fo

Think Marcin Gortat

NIKOLA MIROTIC aka The Mirotic Dream

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4XSvlPQEEAg&feature=related

Think Pau Gasol

I know who those guys are. You don't understand, we want LOTTO PICKS. There are 14 guys in this upcoming draft who are already better than both of those guys

I know who those guys are. You don't understand, we want LOTTO PICKS. There are 14 guys in this upcoming draft who are already better than both of those guys

Wake up bro, the teams Dwight Howard is requesting to be traded to DON'T HAVE lottery picks. The Nets would have, but they sent it (Enes Kanter) to Utah. Deron Williams and D12 won't produce a lottery pick in 2012 for sure. I don't have to explain the draft picks from the Mavericks or Lakers to you.

So you want to trade Dwight Howard to say, the Cavaliers, Timberwolves or Bobcats? Good luck with that. Those teams wouldn't surrender multiple top draft picks if they knew Howard had no intention of re-signing long-term. That's what I meant by pointing out not only is Chicago a destination Dwight Howard will re-sign with long-term, thus making a trade feasible, but we can also throw in a lottery pick in Nikola Mirotic. No one else can offer you guys a lottery pick unless it's a bad team Howard won't want to play for.

Wake up bro, the teams Dwight Howard is requesting to be traded to DON'T HAVE lottery picks. The Nets would have, but they sent it (Enes Kanter) to Utah. Deron Williams and D12 won't produce a lottery pick in 2012 for sure. I don't have to explain the draft picks from the Mavericks or Lakers to you.

So you want to trade Dwight Howard to say, the Cavaliers, Timberwolves or Bobcats? Good luck with that. Those teams wouldn't surrender multiple top draft picks if they knew Howard had no intention of re-signing long-term. That's what I meant by pointing out not only is Chicago a destination Dwight Howard will re-sign with long-term, thus making a trade feasible, but we can also throw in a lottery pick in Nikola Mirotic. No one else can offer you guys a lottery pick unless it's a bad team Howard won't want to play for.

Clippers. They have Minnesota's pick.

Clippers. They have Minnesota's pick.

Ok, so it comes down to the LA Clippers and Chicago Bulls then. Fair enough. Both teams at least have young talent and potential lottery picks to throw in. If you are not happy with our 2012 1st Rd pick, we can swap it for the Charlotte Bobcats 1st Rd pick. That pick comes from the Tyrus Thomas trade, it is top 3 protected, I believe, but will still be a very high pick.

Would you rather Omer Asik, Carlos Boozer, Nikola Mirotic and Charlotte Bobcats 2012 1st Rd pick, or

Eric Gordon, Al-Farouq Aminu, DeAndre Jordan and Timberwolves 2012 First Rd pick.

These are you're realistic options. I personally think Dwight Howard would rather play alongside Derrick Rose than Blake Griffin, as Blake and Dwight are essentially the same player. But you have to admit, the package the Bulls can offer is a heck of a lot better than the garbage that the Lakers, Mavs or Nets can offer. The Nets might have had something useful to offer, but they gave it all to the Jazz for Deron Williams.

I feel sick. First Brandon Roy, now Dwight leaving my team. Argggggh.

Oh and signing JRich to an assumed 4yr deal worth 25m. I've tried to not point fingers, but I won't feel optimistic about this organisations basketball relations unless Otis is removed from the helm.

WHAT A DAMN MESS.

I can't blame you Howard.

Ok, so it comes down to the LA Clippers and Chicago Bulls then. Fair enough. Both teams at least have young talent and potential lottery picks to throw in. If you are not happy with our 2012 1st Rd pick, we can swap it for the Charlotte Bobcats 1st Rd pick. That pick comes from the Tyrus Thomas trade, it is top 3 protected, I believe, but will still be a very high pick.

Would you rather Omer Asik, Carlos Boozer, Nikola Mirotic and Charlotte Bobcats 2012 1st Rd pick, or

Eric Gordon, Al-Farouq Aminu, DeAndre Jordan and Timberwolves 2012 First Rd pick.

These are you're realistic options. I personally think Dwight Howard would rather play alongside Derrick Rose than Blake Griffin, as Blake and Dwight are essentially the same player. But you have to admit, the package the Bulls can offer is a heck of a lot better than the garbage that the Lakers, Mavs or Nets can offer. The Nets might have had something useful to offer, but they gave it all to the Jazz for Deron Williams.

Clippers deal all day.