Drain-O

The Official Dwight Howard Everything Thread

Who would be stupid enough to take Lopez now? I mean, other than the Magic?

This is what I was thinking Soul Bro. There may not be another team stupid enough, but if the pot is sweetened enough it could go down. I wouldn't mind trading Dwigh to NJ only in the scenario Lopez is traded to another squad itching for a big man.

This is what I was thinking Soul Bro. There may not be another team stupid enough, but if the pot is sweetened enough it could go down. I wouldn't mind trading Dwigh to NJ only in the scenario Lopez is traded to another squad itching for a big man.

MAYBE if he came back and proved he was still mobile and not showing any lingering effects. The fact is that he's 7' tall, though, and the 7-footers don't recover from that injury.

Who would be stupid enough to take Lopez now? I mean, other than the Magic?

I've made this point before on another post, but Lopez is still young and is not a giant (by NBA standards) like Yeo Ming was. I think he will heel up well and be a very good center for years to come. There are very few good one in the league now, but he is one of the best in the NBA today. I would rather have him than Bynum (until Bynum proves he can stay healthly for at least 2 seasons).

If we could somehow get him, Brooks and Morrow and some picks for Howard Turk and Duhon I would do it in a heartbeat. Then if Lopez cannot make it through the rest of this year, let him walk or resign him cheap if possible and take the extra cap space. This years pick should still be a lottery pick, our pick would be lower as well to start the rebuilding. Morrow and Brooks are good young wing players to build around and with a hopefully healthly Lopez, a very solid young core. Find a PG in the draft to pair with Brooks Morrow Anderson and Lopez and good things could follow.

Until something happens though, still the hope Howard will stay, but I am doubting that. Plus I am just sick of the drama right now so I am starting to wish something would have vs not happen.

I've made this point before on another post, but Lopez is still young and is not a giant (by NBA standards) like Yeo Ming was. I think he will heel up well and be a very good center for years to come. There are very few good one in the league now, but he is one of the best in the NBA today. I would rather have him than Bynum (until Bynum proves he can stay healthly for at least 2 seasons).

If we could somehow get him, Brooks and Morrow and some picks for Howard Turk and Duhon I would do it in a heartbeat. Then if Lopez cannot make it through the rest of this year, let him walk or resign him cheap if possible and take the extra cap space. This years pick should still be a lottery pick, our pick would be lower as well to start the rebuilding. Morrow and Brooks are good young wing players to build around and with a hopefully healthly Lopez, a very solid young core. Find a PG in the draft to pair with Brooks Morrow Anderson and Lopez and good things could follow.

Until something happens though, still the hope Howard will stay, but I am doubting that. Plus I am just sick of the drama right now so I am starting to wish something would have vs not happen.

Let me ask you this... Lopez is a restricted free agent. So we are going to have to pay him. How much are you willing to pay for a 7 foot center who averages 6 rebounds a game and has a broken foot?

Let me ask you this... Lopez is a restricted free agent. So we are going to have to pay him. How much are you willing to pay for a 7 foot center who averages 6 rebounds a game and has a broken foot?

Thats exactly the point with him and bynum. Do you really want another grant hill contract disaster around the club for 5 more years before you could rebuild. I think this whole mess would be infinately more pallatable if gm dumba$$ hadnt traded away our 25 year old center with no injuries and reasonable contract for stuff no team wanted or wants now. Ive noticed gortat routinely getting 23 and 12 with 2 blocks a night recently and saw he was 5th in the west for all star center votes. Remind me what we got out of that trade that was positive. I would have been much happier building around gortat and young talent than either lopez and bynum. Their injury issues dont make those guys worth the risk for the amount of money they will surely demand.

wtf are you talking about, he's restricted, the market will determine his worth in this case and we don't have to resign him if he gets crazy offers, the point of a trade like the one mentioned above would be to dump the ***** out of hedo and duhon and get a gang of picks and piece or two like brooks and/or morrow and give us cap flexibility. if it makes sense to keep lopez based on the offers he gets, whatever, but it's not like the trade is done because he is the future of centers in the nba, or if we make that trade we have to keep him. with or without lopez and dwight gone, we are going to suck...

wtf are you talking about, he's restricted, the market will determine his worth in this case and we don't have to resign him if he gets crazy offers, the point of a trade like the one mentioned above would be to dump the ***** out of hedo and duhon and get a gang of picks and piece or two like brooks and/or morrow and give us cap flexibility. if it makes sense to keep lopez based on the offers he gets, whatever, but it's not like the trade is done because he is the future of centers in the nba, or if we make that trade we have to keep him. with or without lopez and dwight gone, we are going to suck...

Its easy to see what I'm talking about. He is a restricted Free Agent. Look how much Chandler, Nene, and Gasol got paid this year. GM's love over paying for 7 foot centers. Lopez will get an offer of 13 to 15 million dollars a year. Its going to happen. Then Otis will decided if he wants to match or not. Which I would hope he doesnt, but knowing him he will. Lopez then will be are franchies center, and we will have to see ESPN bashing us for years to come for over paying a Center who only gets 6 rebounds a game.

Whats so good about clearing space when there are no Free Agents to get next year? Whats so good of all those picks when there all in the 20's? Its just plain stupid.

Lopez was the number one option on a bad team and scored 20 points a game with 6 rebounds and a per of 19.33

Bynum is the number 3 option on his team and scores 17 points a game and grabs 12 rebounds a game with a per of 21.57

If your going to trade Dwight the best option is LA with a 3 team trade. If you pair Bynum, Ryno, and Ellis on a team together you will atleast be competitive and have a young core to get excited about to build for the future. Lopez as your franchies player does nothing for you on the other hand.

Its easy to see what I'm talking about. He is a restricted Free Agent. Look how much Chandler, Nene, and Gasol got paid this year. GM's love over paying for 7 foot centers. Lopez will get an offer of 13 to 15 million dollars a year. Its going to happen. Then Otis will decided if he wants to match or not. Which I would hope he doesnt, but knowing him he will. Lopez then will be are franchies center, and we will have to see ESPN bashing us for years to come for over paying a Center who only gets 6 rebounds a game.

Whats so good about clearing space when there are no Free Agents to get next year? Whats so good of all those picks when there all in the 20's? Its just plain stupid.

Lopez was the number one option on a bad team and scored 20 points a game with 6 rebounds and a per of 19.33

Bynum is the number 3 option on his team and scores 17 points a game and grabs 12 rebounds a game with a per of 21.57

If your going to trade Dwight the best option is LA with a 3 team trade. If you pair Bynum, Ryno, and Ellis on a team together you will atleast be competitive and have a young core to get excited about to build for the future. Lopez as your franchies player does nothing for you on the other hand.

Lmao, why are you making such rediculous assumptions? Lopez, $15M? GTFOH

you're making a lot of assumptions.

"Lopez will get an offer of 13 to 15 million dollars a year." - centers are getting overpaid, but I just don't think he will command the type of money nene or chandler coming off a ring did. I don't think it will be 8 figures, it may be close, and that will be too much but I think it's clear he sucks on a sucky team, i mean if your lopez and you're on the *****ing nets you should have every rebound in the world and his foot injury.

"Which I would hope he doesnt, but knowing him he will. " - there are so many other things that go into determining whether or not to match an offer...and what is the max you would match? 4 years at 5 each, 6 each? otis has made some dumb decisions but your assumption that he will match whatever lopez gets automatic is silly

Lopez then will be are franchies center - i mean you are saying if we match whatever offer (assuming its hopefully reasonable) that he's our star or couldn't be moved or something, or that he would move to the bench if we have some way to upgrade. you say lopez would be our franchise player which is silly, franchise players aren't only centers, lots of teams have only "servicable" centers because of the derth of bigs, before gortat, went to pheonix was anyone calling the other lopez bro a franchise player? no, and now he comes off the bench, and is the guy who took his starting spot a "franchies" player, no

look, i hate lopez with a passion, he sucks, i can't stand to look at his face, watch him play, hear him talk, the fact that he has a twin proves there's a devil. nobody is going going to say lopez even comes close to bynum, but you act as if our goal should be to just trade for the best center we can get. we'll never replace dwight. picks, even in the 20's have value as throw ins to trades, this is a deep draft, say whatever you will about our scouting. it sounds like you'd just rather watch a team with bynum and ellis then go through some rough years of rebuilding. then bynum hurts himself, and you got ellis and some scrubs/rookies, but no rookies are going to emerge as studs from that LA trade because we're not getting more picks. it will be tougher to make additional moves to improve because of not having a pick to sweeten some jrich or jameer deal. we still have duhon in that deal...

gah, i just threw up in my mouth a little bit. i never imagined i would be writing a post defending a trade for lopez...

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

You're making it sound like we have to match, which we don't. Besides like CNB said, who the hell is going to offer him $15m per? The trade with Jersey sheds contracts to give us some cap flexibility and allows us to aquire additional drafts picks to rebuild. Any thought of building around Lopez, even on a good contract, is a bad idea...he's terrible.

you're making a lot of assumptions.

"Lopez will get an offer of 13 to 15 million dollars a year." - centers are getting overpaid, but I just don't think he will command the type of money nene or chandler coming off a ring did. I don't think it will be 8 figures, it may be close, and that will be too much but I think it's clear he sucks on a sucky team, i mean if your lopez and you're on the *****ing nets you should have every rebound in the world and his foot injury.

"Which I would hope he doesnt, but knowing him he will. " - there are so many other things that go into determining whether or not to match an offer...and what is the max you would match? 4 years at 5 each, 6 each? otis has made some dumb decisions but your assumption that he will match whatever lopez gets automatic is silly

Lopez then will be are franchies center - i mean you are saying if we match whatever offer (assuming its hopefully reasonable) that he's our star or couldn't be moved or something, or that he would move to the bench if we have some way to upgrade. you say lopez would be our franchise player which is silly, franchise players aren't only centers, lots of teams have only "servicable" centers because of the derth of bigs, before gortat, went to pheonix was anyone calling the other lopez bro a franchise player? no, and now he comes off the bench, and is the guy who took his starting spot a "franchies" player, no

look, i hate lopez with a passion, he sucks, i can't stand to look at his face, watch him play, hear him talk, the fact that he has a twin proves there's a devil. nobody is going going to say lopez even comes close to bynum, but you act as if our goal should be to just trade for the best center we can get. we'll never replace dwight. picks, even in the 20's have value as throw ins to trades, this is a deep draft, say whatever you will about our scouting. it sounds like you'd just rather watch a team with bynum and ellis then go through some rough years of rebuilding. then bynum hurts himself, and you got ellis and some scrubs/rookies, but no rookies are going to emerge as studs from that LA trade because we're not getting more picks. it will be tougher to make additional moves to improve because of not having a pick to sweeten some jrich or jameer deal. we still have duhon in that deal...

gah, i just threw up in my mouth a little bit. i never imagined i would be writing a post defending a trade for lopez...

LOL!!!!