Drain-O

The Official Dwight Howard Everything Thread

No and yes

Just checking because I didn't think we had a game tonight, but maybe I was losing my mind due to the madness going on, LOL.

What's to keep NJ from backing out last second and leave us hanging. They know Dwight wants to finish the season here, make the playoff run, and have the flexibility to walk to them this summer.

If that was their point of view, they wouldn't be trying to acquire him now. They know that picking up Dwight now greatly increases their chances that he is in a Nets uniform next year. Letting it go to free agency over the summer and the risk that they miss out on both Dwight and D. Will greatly increases. They don't want to take that chance.

Jarrod was on for about 2 minutes. Said Dwight will sign between 1230-1pm. He said now with Dwight aboard Magic might look to do some trades they would of not done before without his commitment. We will see. Thats about all that was said.

Per Christian Bruey:

"Magic media room is ready for a press conf. with 5 microphones. Amway people were told to have room ready by noon."

1aooms.jpg

Let's see. Four mics on stage, 1 on the floor.

That's Dwight, Alex, a DeVos (Dan or maybe Rich himself), and ??? (maybe HWNSNBU...maybe Stan...maybe Otis...I dunno)

And one of the floor for questions.

Just my guesses.

What Happened Guys Someone update me

Jarrod said he is "99.9% sure Dwight is going to opt-in between 12:30 and 1pm eastern time"

It's still not afternoon.

It's still not "first thing Thursday morning" either.

I'm sure this will get done, but dang the wait is killing me....

Dwight leaving, in pain terms:

- Less than Nick Anderson FT's

- Less than Fisher's 3

- Equal to Shaq leaving

- More than Boston and Chicago ECF's

- More than TMac and Penny leaving

Okay, so now that I'm done bombing on my exam that I totally forgot about because I'm staying up till 2am hitting F5 in this thread instead of studying, can someone get me up to date on what's happening?

Am I correct in assuming Dwight's still planning on signing the waiver, and there's a press conference coming up in reference to that? Or is this press conference because we're trading him?