Drain-O

The Official Dwight Howard Everything Thread

Dwight's reluctance to extend despite what his team is trying to do for him is making me want to vomit. Look, if he is still not sure he would re-sign despite gutting his own team, I say let the prima donna walk or trade him for pieces. He's far from the type of mature leader MJ, Bird, or even O'Neal ever was. Keep the players who play with heart. Those players should be the face of this franchise. Not a player who now can decide who the coach should be? That better not be true!

I understand it. Even classy guys like Duncan didn't extend a year early - they tested the waters, too. I don't have a problem with that.

I think it would make life easier for the Magic, especially in signing people, if Dwight did extend, but that's the only leverage he has as a player and he'd be stupid to give it up. It's kind of a catch-22: no one's going to trade players to us if they think they have a shot at Dwight, we don't want to sign anyone long-term (or a bad contract) if Dwight isn't staying.

Not much that can be done about it but wait: by Thursday it will all (probably) be over.

We didn't discuss the Bucks/Warriors/Magic scenario, only really said he'd like Jax I possible. I felt he's gettin discouraged about the Magic chances of landing someone and about how committed they are in trying to win. We went back and forth about the franchise and other things

Quite frankly, tell Dwight that all this drama really makes him look bad as a player and a team-mate. His current team may not be top tier, but they are working their butts off and as it stands, this Magic team could be the darkhorse to deliver a great playoff run. But he's wanting to gut it -- for a season where we will likely lose anyway. Teams are not built over night. They take time to gel. He blames the Magic for not winning. The Magic went to the finals in 2009. Had a strong run in 2010 where we went 4-0, 4-0, then Boston. This current team has awesome pieces that has taken a few years to gel. Ryno and Redick are young pieces. Earl Clark is starting to blossom. If Dwight is not 100% Magic, then it's best to break up -- with Dwight Howard. I've been a Magic fan since 1994 and my loyalty is to the team NOT Dwight Howard. We have a great coach, a young nucleus, and an organization that despite being new has been to the Finals twice. Dwight has been amazing and I thank him for helping us stay relevant all these years. But when we as fans blame Otis for what happened last December, we forget that Dwight and Gortat were not buddy buddies, that Dwight wanted Hedo back, and that he wanted his bud Big Baby here. The trade that would bring us inefficient Ellis, old SJax, and bad contract Biedrins --- not sure anymore I want it, especially when the one we are trying to please so much is "gettin' discouraged about the Magic" ... Please, your team is a freaking 3rd seed in the East. DOMINATE and kick the **** out of the Heat tonight and focus on what you have and the players who fight with you day in and day out. Don't throw them under the bus.

• Upvote 4

We didn't discuss the Bucks/Warriors/Magic scenario, only really said he'd like Jax I possible. I felt he's gettin discouraged about the Magic chances of landing someone and about how committed they are in trying to win. We went back and forth about the franchise and other things

Remind him that the rest of the league wants a shot at signing him, so they aren't inclined to help us land players to keep him on the team. Otis has made a LOT of moves trying to get the right pieces on the squad. As far as I'm concerned, the problem is Otis and the moves he made, not a lack of trying and/or commitment.

• Upvote 1

Quite frankly, tell Dwight that all this drama really makes him look bad as a player and a team-mate. His current team may not be top tier, but they are working their butts off and as it stands, this Magic team could be the darkhorse to deliver a great playoff run. But he's wanting to gut it -- for a season where we will likely lose anyway. Teams are not built over night. They take time to gel. He blames the Magic for not winning. The Magic went to the finals in 2009. Had a strong run in 2010 where we went 4-0, 4-0, then Boston. This current team has awesome pieces that has taken a few years to gel. Ryno and Redick are young pieces. Earl Clark is starting to blossom. If Dwight is not 100% Magic, then it's best to break up -- with Dwight Howard. I've been a Magic fan since 1994 and my loyalty is to the team NOT Dwight Howard. We have a great coach, a young nucleus, and an organization that despite being new has been to the Finals twice. Dwight has been amazing and I thank him for helping us stay relevant all these years. But when we as fans blame Otis for what happened last December, we forget that Dwight and Gortat were not buddy buddies, that Dwight wanted Hedo back, and that he wanted his bud Big Baby here. The trade that would bring us inefficient Ellis, old SJax, and bad contract Biedrins --- not sure anymore I want it, especially when the one we are trying to please so much is "gettin' discouraged about the Magic" ... Please, your team is a freaking 3rd seed in the East. DOMINATE and kick the **** out of the Heat tonight and focus on what you have and the players who fight with you day in and day out. Don't throw them under the bus.

Well said 100%

Ken Berger ‏ @KBergCBS Reply Retweet Favorite · Open

Lacob won't send Ellis to Orlando and help the Magic keep Howard. Lacob wants to preserve chances, however slim, of getting Howard himself.

Can't blame him

Lacob won't send Ellis to Orlando and help the Magic keep Howard. Lacob wants to preserve chances, however slim, of getting Howard himself.

Can't blame him

I can, that's retarded.

Can't blame him

exactly.

why would lacob want the trash that has been proposed? his team is fighting for a playoff spot and i believe on a wining streak. it just doesnt scream "we need a change."

its a negative for magic fans but not logical for the warriors front office.

also, why would the warriors have any sort of urgency to trade ellis anyway?

Can't blame him

If by "slim" he means "no chance in hell this will ever, ever, ever, ever, ever happen," then yeah: totally makes sense.

Anyways, as far as the Magic being committed to winning, we're currently fifth. IN THE ENTIRE NBA. Third in our own conference with at least a chance to overtake the #2 spot before the playoffs (with a lot of luck).

longtime magic fan here. been lurking on this board for awhile now. i know and have read what this ybr character claims to have a pipeline to dwight. just for a second ask yourself if you had this pipe would you abuse it over and over again?

me either.

if i had a pipe with a player never in a million years would i abuse it and play on a website with it. the things that he tells you guys is things and you can google search very easily.

this kid is and has been playing games with magic fans for too long.

i know all about the so called pm between him and dwight, again seriously you guys think with dwights life he is going to have HEART TO HEART conversations with this kid.

get it together magic fans call this kid for what he is a

a nice kid, good , magic fan, and a fraud with no pipe.

sorry to burst the bubble guys, i hope we can get dwight help too, but thinking that this ybr has the ears of dwight is SILLY

• Downvote 3

longtime magic fan here. been lurking on this board for awhile now. i know and have read what this ybr character claims to have a pipeline to dwight. just for a second ask yourself if you had this pipe would you abuse it over and over again?

me either.

if i had a pipe with a player never in a million years would i abuse it and play on a website with it. the things that he tells you guys is things and you can google search very easily.

this kid is and has been playing games with magic fans for too long.

i know all about the so called pm between him and dwight, again seriously you guys think with dwights life he is going to have HEART TO HEART conversations with this kid.

get it together magic fans call this kid for what he is a

a nice kid, good , magic fan, and a fraud with no pipe.

sorry to burst the bubble guys, i hope we can get dwight help too, but thinking that this ybr has the ears of dwight is SILLY

Srry but Dudes legit. he called the NOH and GSW trade before it hit. I dont care if he has dwight's ear or not he's getting information from some where and he's been hitting it spot on.

• Upvote 1