Drain-O

The Official Dwight Howard Everything Thread

"warrior fan", it is spelled Marc Jackson.

the Magic went after Ellis this summer and when Jackson came to golden state he said he did not want to trade him and made all this press about how Ellis was a centerpiece..etc. Do you not remember this?

That has now changed.

The Warriors can only shop Ellis for so long before they have a disgruntled player. Let's see what offers they get for him and what the Magic want to give.

Of course they will go to the press and say we have nothing they want besides Dwight because they want Dwight. But the reality is that is never going to happen and they know it.

So if the Magic and Warriors are talking, what do you think they are talking about?

The Warriors are fielding offers for Ellis. That is what is really happening.

Warriors won't give ellis away. Magic don't have ANY assets man, come to grips with that.

Your expecting a team to give away their best player for scraps?

If you expect Otis Smith to get the better of a trade you have not been following the history of the Orlando Magic.

They are talking about the trade that I posted - mainly Magic - Ellis - DLee - Golden State - Dwight

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

i don't know if this is realistic or not but osmone posted this on realgm as "word on the street" which probably means nothing

monta and lee for jameer jj anderson and orton

and then we'd do a second trade of jrich and duhon for calderon

contracts are HORRIBLE and this would definitely be all in...

calderon/monta/ish

monta/von weber/ liggins?

hedo/qrich/liggins/clark

lee/bbd/clark/harper

dwight/bbd/lee

??

we're shallow at 2 after this and 3 doesnt improve...this would be crazy

Have you seen Jrich's contract? Raptors are in a rebuilding mode, why would they do that?

You seem to be taking good players off of bad teams and giving bad players to them, how often does this happen?

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Magic have plenty of assets....by the way you aren't going to get any offers for Ellis beside Orlando's offer. Orlando offers you an average point guard in Jameer Nelson, but it can also offer you an above average shooting guard in J.J. Redick. I wouldn't expect you to know who he is, but if you did...well you would know we have plenty to offer. Sure, you want a big man, but the market on big men has been rather bad for the past several years...the likelihood of you getting a good big man is almost zero...so maybe a trade with Big Baby or Anderson would be solid for you? Or maybe Earl Clark...who has a cheap contract, defends well, and can play center due to his height and wing span...also he wants to play defense. Or maybe you want someone raw? Daniel Orton? He is tall...and a big man. Don't act like we have no chance, because the Magic are desperate and right now the market for a guy like Ellis with guys like Rondo being on the block is going to be zill...you are lucky the Magic called your organization in the first place instead of fielding a deal for Rondo.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Magic have plenty of assets....by the way you aren't going to get any offers for Ellis beside Orlando's offer. Orlando offers you an average point guard in Jameer Nelson, but it can also offer you an above average shooting guard in J.J. Redick. I wouldn't expect you to know who he is, but if you did...well you would know we have plenty to offer. Sure, you want a big man, but the market on big men has been rather bad for the past several years...the likelihood of you getting a good big man is almost zero...so maybe a trade with Big Baby or Anderson would be solid for you? Or maybe Earl Clark...who has a cheap contract, defends well, and can play center due to his height and wing span...also he wants to play defense. Or maybe you want someone raw? Daniel Orton? He is tall...and a big man. Don't act like we have no chance, because the Magic are desperate and right now the market for a guy like Ellis with guys like Rondo being on the block is going to be zill...you are lucky the Magic called your organization in the first place instead of fielding a deal for Rondo.

There's simply no way the Celtics trade Rondo to us. The only way that happens is if they get Dwight. They do that, they'd have a Rondo with a grudge not only in their conference, but in a team they're likely to see (or compete for spots) in the playoffs.

I just don't see that happening. Not with the Celtics front office.

Maybe if they hire Otis....

You just called Jameer Nelson an above average Point Guard.....Thats awesome. I would put him at about 27th on the list of 32 starting point guard. Not to mention the center piece of the warriors is our PG (Stephen Curry) not that I expect you to know who he is.

Klay Thompson > J.J. Redick, who wants that contract with that skill set? not a team that already has that exact player

The warriors are "Lucky" the Magic want Monta Ellis.

You are comparing Rondo to Ellis. Rondo is a PG who can't shoot - Ellis is a SG who can only shoot.

Anyone since you guys are all Magic fans can you guys do me a favor and list the PG's whom Jameer Nelson is better then (starting please)

My list: Fisher (LAL), Felton (POR), Harris (Utah), Jack/vasquez (NOH) then maybe D.J augustin.

Thats about it.

Celtics tried to offer Rondo for Curry - that was also declined by golden state

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

You just called Jameer Nelson an above average Point Guard.....Thats awesome. I would put him at about 27th on the list of 32 starting point guard. Not to mention the center piece of the warriors is our PG (Stephen Curry) not that I expect you to know who he is.

Klay Thompson > J.J. Redick, who wants that contract with that skill set? not a team that already has that exact player

You are comparing Rondo to Ellis. Rondo is a PG who can't shoot - Ellis is a SG who can only shoot.

Anyone since you guys are all Magic fans can you guys do me a favor and list the PG's whom Jameer Nelson is better then (starting please)

My list: Fisher (LAL), Felton (POR), Harris (Utah), Jack/vasquez (NOH) then maybe D.J augustin.

Thats about it.

LOL

No, I called J.J. an above average shooting guard. Re-read. Nelson is average.

Also: Klay Thompson is not the same as J.J....J.J. can actually hit shots and is averaging over four more points than Klay...also J.J.'s per is higher than Klay's per. Also, J.J. can get to the foul line...a lot if he puts his mind to it and is one of the best free throw shooters in the NBA. I think you over-estimating Klay Thompson.

Thats about it.

Celtics tried to offer Rondo for Curry - that was also declined by golden state

I'm curious what two teams you added to the NBA to get up to 32 starting point guards

• Upvote 4

Warriors won't give ellis away. Magic don't have ANY assets man, come to grips with that.

Your expecting a team to give away their best player for scraps?

If you expect Otis Smith to get the better of a trade you have not been following the history of the Orlando Magic.

They are talking about the trade that I posted - mainly Magic - Ellis - DLee - Golden State - Dwight

I thought your best player was Curry..am I wrong here? We better go tell the Warriors brass that they are shopping the wrong guy.

god I love Jareth, he always makes the best accounts.

No, I called J.J. an above average shooting guard. Re-read. Nelson is average.

Also: Klay Thompson is not the same as J.J....J.J. can actually hit shots and is averaging over four more points than Klay...also J.J.'s per is higher than Klay's per. Also, J.J. can get to the foul line...a lot if he puts his mind to it and is one of the best free throw shooters in the NBA. I think you over-estimating Klay Thompson.

One is a rookie - One has improved his game throughout his career, especially his defense (J.J)

that being said for the price I don't see why Golden State would want J.J. since they just drafted Klay and he has played well off the bench in limited minutes

To answer your question about 32 starting PG's Portland has Felton and Crawford start and the Hornets have Jack and Vasquez go back and forth. That being said he isn't an average Point Guard either, who is he better then? I'm serious.