Drain-O

The Official Dwight Howard Everything Thread

My link

I think this scenario is likely for acquiring Steve Nash. Also nets a back-up center. May have to add a pick (2nd round) to Phoenix from the Lakers. Best I can come up with, any other suggestions?

It isn't incredibly 1 sided to the Magic. Kudos to you.

However, I think we'd be giving up way too much for what we'd be getting in return.

It isn't incredibly 1 sided to the Magic. Kudos to you.

However, I think we'd be giving up way too much for what we'd be getting in return.

Agreed. That and the fact that the Lakers would be getting a PG and giving up no one.

From SI.com:

ORLANDO, Fla. -- Will he stay, or will he go?

It's the question that hovered over Dwight Howard as he played host to what seemed like his going away party in All-Star weekend. It's the question that will be the driving force behind the Magic's decision-making in these crucial weeks as the March 15 trade deadline looms and they continue to hold onto the notion that their franchise centerpiece will want to stay in Orlando long-term.

Sources with knowledge of Howard's thinking say nothing has changed about his outlook. And while his wish-list of teams still includes the Nets, Lakers and Mavs, New Jersey is far and away the leader.

Though it may pain the purists, it's not just about basketball for Howard. He wants to take his brand global, to leverage the international influence of Russian owner Mikhail Prokhorov while building his brand as Brooklyn's first star. His wandering eye is enticed not only by the Barclays Center that is set to open next season, but the businesses in the booming area around it that could afford many off-court opportunities. He wants, as one source said, to "be Kobe Bryant, not be with Kobe Bryant." Of course, it's hardly that simple.

Full article:

http://www.cnnsi.com/2012/writers/sam_amick/02/27/all.star.wrapup/index.html#?sct=nba_t2_a3

?????

No insider knowledge. Just see that the guy wants out of Dallas and would be great in Orlando. He thrived under SVG in Miami and was a stud last year. If he did get bought out, I'd be pretty upset if we didn't make a strong push for him.

you guys read the power ranking for the 76ers on nba.com?

Philadelphia (20-14)

Pace: 91.9 (25), Off: 102.1 (10), Def: 94.3 (1)

A stat: The Sixers turn the ball over 11.4 times per 100 possessions, the lowest rate of the last 20 years and 2.6 times fewer than any other team this season.

A question: Can Jrue Holiday recover from a rough February?

A prediction: The Sixers will hold on to a top-four seed in the East, because the Hawks don't have Al Horford and the Magic won't have Dwight Howard.

lol

• Upvote 1

Peter Vecsey of the New York Post writes that there are "renewed rumblings" about the Warriors "possibly" landing Brook Lopez.

Take this with an enormous grain of salt. Vecsey writes that it woudl be a multi-team deal involving Dwight Howard heading to New Jersey, while Lopez would move to Golden State and Monta Ellis would wind up in Orlando. There would have to be other pieces involved to make the money match up, but the Warriors are known to be in the market for a big man.

I don't want Ellis here if Dwight isn't. I'd honestly rather have Lopez, and I don't like Lopez at all.

This is hilarious: http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=espn:7619926

Watch how hard Leghler tries to avoid mentioning the Magic in the also-ran conversation when mentioning possible challengers to Chicago and Miami. Yeah, the East is two-tiered right now, but he mentions EVERY team in the 3-8 slots (and a couple outside) EXCEPT the Magic.

Douche.

Peter Vecsey of the New York Post writes that there are "renewed rumblings" about the Warriors "possibly" landing Brook Lopez.

Take this with an enormous grain of salt. Vecsey writes that it woudl be a multi-team deal involving Dwight Howard heading to New Jersey, while Lopez would move to Golden State and Monta Ellis would wind up in Orlando. There would have to be other pieces involved to make the money match up, but the Warriors are known to be in the market for a big man.

I don't want Ellis here if Dwight isn't. I'd honestly rather have Lopez, and I don't like Lopez at all.

I'm assuming we'd also get some high picks and dump salary. Who knows

If we get nets 2 first rd picks might not be a bad deal really like this years possible early entries lots of pf/center type players