Drain-O

The Official Dwight Howard Everything Thread

It seems I missed out on the fun from the middle of the night. I don't buy that ownership is simply "using" Dwight (though he may feel this way), as they've invested heavily into their roster for years now. What I do buy is that ownership doesn't trust Dwight to be their special advisor or gm. J rich what a bust so inconsistent

As to making a trade to pair Dwight with another star on the Magic, I don't believe we have the pieces to offer. Jameer is barely worth his contract, and I doubt other teams feel he is a championship worthy pg. That pretty much leaves us with JJ and Ryan, and I don't think either fetch us a star ... even combined with picks.

If Dwight wants to leave, I'd still ask for Bynum and Gasol for Turk and him. Then I would flip Gasol for another asset or two. Even if we ended up with Bynum and a top 10 pick, while dumping Turk, it would be worth it if we knew Dwight was leaving this summer. (I'd also heavily consider a trade with OKC built around Westbrook, Harden and Ibaka).

Last comment: I still think it was a mistake re-signing JRich. While his contract is a bargain compared to his last one, I'm not sure he's more than a bench player for a championship caliber team.

j rich what a mistake resign too inconsistent jus like carter players come to magic and become total spot shooters no drives to basket dwight needs to work more on his damn low post game ie up n under drop step etc he should be a 30 15 everynight

It seems I missed out on the fun from the middle of the night. I don't buy that ownership is simply "using" Dwight (though he may feel this way), as they've invested heavily into their roster for years now. What I do buy is that ownership doesn't trust Dwight to be their special advisor or gm.

As to making a trade to pair Dwight with another star on the Magic, I don't believe we have the pieces to offer. Jameer is barely worth his contract, and I doubt other teams feel he is a championship worthy pg. That pretty much leaves us with JJ and Ryan, and I don't think either fetch us a star ... even combined with picks.

If Dwight wants to leave, I'd still ask for Bynum and Gasol for Turk and him. Then I would flip Gasol for another asset or two. Even if we ended up with Bynum and a top 10 pick, while dumping Turk, it would be worth it if we knew Dwight was leaving this summer. (I'd also heavily consider a trade with OKC built around Westbrook, Harden and Ibaka).

Last comment: I still think it was a mistake re-signing JRich. While his contract is a bargain compared to his last one, I'm not sure he's more than a bench player for a championship caliber team.

I think J-Rich could still be a solid starter in the right system, or a sniper sixth man like Jason Terry or Jamal Crawford last year.. Unfortunately, we're not that system, but his contract combined with that fact makes him very tradeable..

And the Dwight stuff.. well, i don't know what to say.. Deron Williams has looked awful this year, but I don't see New Jersey trading us him for anything on our roster.. They gave up so much for him last year and I don't think they'll admit they were wrong until he leaves in free agency

j rich what a mistake resign too inconsistent jus like carter players come to magic and become total spot shooters no drives to basket dwight needs to work more on his damn low post game ie up n under drop step etc he should be a 30 15 everynight

2f07s79.jpg

Dammit, I missed the DM's......

can anyone hit me up on Twitter with the screens? Twitter.com/WeAreVenom1

Same @mtownbulldog

It seems I missed out on the fun from the middle of the night. I don't buy that ownership is simply "using" Dwight (though he may feel this way), as they've invested heavily into their roster for years now. What I do buy is that ownership doesn't trust Dwight to be their special advisor or gm.

I think Dwight is being used in a way to keep revenue coming . We haven't really improved. We aren't really talking about championship. We aren't seeing any banners about the team and Dwight so what else is there? Revenue. We're hosting an all star game so now according to them we keep Dwight so we have a player to represent us. I'm not saying business wise that doesn't make sense but as a player and to a fan its predictable and not a priority. To us its a championship and that's been address poorly.

As far as Jrich I rather start JJ and have Von Wafer backing him up BUT when Jrich is eligible to be traded he's a nice throw in with his contract. BTW anyone know when we can trade him?

The DMs were not anything special. Just Rich and Dwight talking about stan before the season started. With that said it did pretty much prove what rich was saying to be true.

Thanks for the proof Rich but I wouldnt post anymore screens.