AddiFB

Offseason Thread Part VII: The Fall of The Lockout

LOL at Sportscenter

37756631214562215356920.jpg

Wow, thanks Sportscenter! Leave it to the "reporters" who make up news/drama when there is none to make Dwight a Miami player. ESPN doesn't show Orlando much love (Magic or UCF Knights), which is funny considering Disney owns ESPN.

• Upvote 1

Is it just me or is anyone else actually really pleased we got Big Baby? Think he'll improve us

I'm extremely pleased.

Honestly, if we just make a move for Monta or Iggy, I believe we're good enough to make it to the Finals.

P.S. Make a move for Peaches, please.

I'm extremely pleased.

Honestly, if we just make a move for Monta or Iggy, I believe we're good enough to make it to the Finals.

P.S. Make a move for Peaches, please.

I thought the same thing, but it sounds like his knee's shot. At his age, that's usually a death-knell.

Guys on 1080 the Team were just talking about how they wouldn't be surprised if we got Josh Smith (wasn't "insider info"), so I just wanted to revisit that a little because I think they might be on to something.

I was thinking something like this: http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=7vgxf4v

We get the star player we want. ATL gets a center and all contracts are essentially expiring. Hornets get a PG they desperately need and a young big. The only problem is that we have no PG, which is troubling. I added Jarrett Jack but that couldn't happen until Feb 12 due to trade restrictions.

I'm really not sure if it is worth it for us because we would be incredibly thin at PG. However, if we did this same trade, only for Ellis and Biedrins, then I would be completely on board as Ellis can play PG.

The key really is though: would NO do this trade? I'm not sure, but if they would, that would open so many 3 team trade opportunities for us. GSW, ATL, PHI all need centers. I think it is quite possible they would because Kaman isn't starting, Jack is awful, and Monty has already said positive things about Otis. Maybe they have a good relationship? Maybe the league would want to help us keep Dwight?

Hopefully.

if that trade happened I wouldn't really care who our starting point would be.

Because you know in the end game situation hedo will bring the ball up regardless.The better question would be can marvin hit a 3. His percentages say otherwise.