AddiFB

Offseason Thread Part VII: The Fall of The Lockout

Hopefully by not looking for a roleplayer (I think we can agree BBD would be a starter on just about every team out there), it will help to keep Dwight around rather than chase him out the door. I'm still holding out hope Dwight doesn't leave.

I don't think Big Baby would start for many teams in the league. There seems to be a lot of very good PFs in the league. I like him a lot, he is a good glue guy to have. I just think he is a little overpaid and I was totally against adding long term salary this year. I have nothing against Big Baby and what he brings to the team.

I don't think Big Baby would start for many teams in the league. There seems to be a lot of very good PFs in the league. I like him a lot, he is a good glue guy to have. I just think he is a little overpaid and I was totally against adding long term salary this year. I have nothing against Big Baby and what he brings to the team.

He starts on most teams. Probably not 10 or so.

i Tweeted This To Chris Duhon And he favorited it lol

@CDuhonStandTall You Suck Dont come back to magic practice and dont play unless you get better and faster

lol that's great

In a league where pretty crappy centers are getting some big money, Lopez will get overpaid by someone. I actually agree with your point about building a team around a young center vs an old PG, but I must heap a whole lot of scorn on the silly notion that their pieces are better than ours. I just listed Nelson as an example and everyone's kinda fixated on that. I'd also take Anderson before Lopez. There's a big man, who actually fights for rebounds instead of letting Kris Freaking Humphries go get them instead. Better shooter too, and can also drive to the basket on occasion.

Basically, I think Orlando has much better trade assets than NJ. And no state income tax. And warmer weather. And it isn't New Jersey.

his value took a hit. So i'm guessing what would have been 10-12mil is now 8-10mil. Not only that, there aren't many teams next season that will be able to offer him the big money. Really, it's b/w houston, NJ (soon to be Brooklyn), the cats, OKC (depending on westbrook situation), and the raps.

C'mon man, you'd really take Anderson over Lopez?

He starts on most teams. Probably not 10 or so.

I'm bored so I'll go through the teams.

Chicago - Boozer would start over him.

New York - Amare would start over him.

Charlotte - Maybe. He'd have to beat out Tyrus Thomas to do it, but I think he could.

Boston - KG would and has started over him.

Philadelphia - Brand would start over him.

Miami - Bosh would start over him.

Cleveland - Jamison should start over him, but didn't the Cavs use him as a 6th man at times last year? He could maybe start like that.

Detroit - Greg Monroe should start over him.

Atlanta - Josh Smith or Al Horford would start over him.

Toronto - He could start here. But they are high on Ed Davis too.

New Jersey - I think they'd start Humphries over him.

Indiana - David West would start over him.

Washington - They'd probably start Blatche over him.

Milwaukee - He could start here.

Clippers - Blake would start over him.

New Orleans - He could maybe start here, if they decided to bring one of Okafor or Kaman off the bench. But it is kind of a longshot IMO.

Oklahoma City - They'd probably start Ibaka over him.

Denver - Maybe.

Minnesota - Love would start over him. As well as Derrick Williams.

Portland - Aldridge would start over him.

Houston - Scola would start over him.

Golden State - David Lee would start over him.

Sacramento - He could start here. He'd have to beat out JJ Hickson and Jason Thompson though.

San Antonio - Duncan would start over him.

Utah - They have like 3 guy who would start over him.

Phoenix - Maybe.

Dallas - Dirk would start over him.

Memphis - Randolph would start over him.

Lakers - Gasol would start over him.

I count 17/29 teams where he has no chance to start. There is a few more that are unlikely.

his value took a hit. So i'm guessing what would have been 10-12mil is now 8-10mil. Not only that, there aren't many teams next season that will be able to offer him the big money. Really, it's b/w houston, NJ (soon to be Brooklyn), the cats, OKC (depending on westbrook situation), and the raps.

C'mon man, you'd really take Anderson over Lopez?

Put Anderson on a crappy team like the Nets, with no other scoring options besides D-will, and he will give you 18-20 a game.

I don't think he's an elite PF, but I think he's the next level down of "very good." He won't lose any games for you, at least.

look at it from a dollars perspective.

If you're a GM and trying to build a team would you want an undersized point guard hitting 30 and seen his best days? or a young center who can at least be a piece to something bigger? Don't compare Lopez to Howard, that's absurd. Compare him to the horford's and bogut's and noah's of the league. He isn't much worse (or better) then any of those guys. Every night he has a chance to compete against the likes of those guys.

And, I think you are greatly exaggerating how much money he will get next season when he resigns.

He's not even in the same league as Horford, Bogut, and Noah, it's not even close. He was scoring on a team that really had no one else to score. He brings nothing to the table other than those inflated scoring numbers so basically he will require top dollar to retain him and he will do nothing to translate into wins. Are there some GM's out there stupid enough to do it? Of course and they will be stuck as medicre teams because of him. Think about Eddy Curry, crap D, crap rebounding, but he could score. I would actually rate him above Lopez and he was awful for every team he was on.

Yes if you are looking at a team trying to build something then yeah, no way do they want Jameer at his age (although I would really have to question any GM who thinks they can build anything around Brook).