AddiFB

Offseason Thread Part VII: The Fall of The Lockout

If Stan is fired I say we hire Jeff Van Gundy. Dwight apparently wants a cheerleader for a coach and JVG is as close as it gets. :shard:

If Dwight issues an ultimatum that SVG's coaching staff must be replaced as a pre-requisite to him staying.

1. Do the Magic execs do it if it means keeping Dwight?

2. If so, who is the best option to replace SVG? Billy Donovan? j/k

Personally, I think SVG is the best we can do based on what is out there, but if D12 doesn't want to play for him anymore...

I'd rather have a really really solid chance to be able to draft Davis, Barnes or Drummond than to get Bynum. Just the fact he tried to injure another player while getting eliminated from the playoffs makes me think that he has a terrible terrible personality. Also it's a terrible idea to fire Stan Van Gundy just to make Dwight Howard happy. We'd make similar moves as Cleveland did with Mike Brown... Not to mention SVG just received a contract extension last summer. You don't let your superstar run the franchise it's a terrible idea. Let him do what he is good at, play basketball.

If Dwight issues an ultimatum that SVG's coaching staff must be replaced as a pre-requisite to him staying.

1. Do the Magic execs do it if it means keeping Dwight?

2. If so, who is the best option to replace SVG? Billy Donovan? j/k

Personally, I think SVG is the best we can do based on what is out there, but if D12 doesn't want to play for him anymore...

Dwight can't handle Stans tough love. He'd rather leave and go play for this fool?

mr-potato-head.jpg

If you put a contract in front of Dwight and he says "I'll only sign if you let Stan go", you let Stan go. If he says "I'll think about signing if you let Stan go", you tell him you will think about letting Stan go.

You guys need to take the other perspective. If the Lakers trade Bynum for Paul that eliminates them from Dwight. The Magic can tell him they have nothing we want and eliminate them unless he wants the mini mid-level. Also the Lakers were able to win against the Magic and Celtics when Bynum was actually healthy. I do not want him but he does carry value around the league.

The Lakers are the team that scares me the least. Also if the Lakers get CP3 we are just as screwed because at this point it's basically CP3 or Deron or Dwight is gone anyways and now that Deron seems to be committed to the Nets...

Even though he totally wasn't like, an hour ago.

Uhh what? Says who? Because Deron just said that there is a 90% chance he re-signs with the Nets and that he is recruiting Dwight to come...

Bro, I know. You think that's crazy? Get this, man; in 1999, the Magic almost got TIM DUNCAN. Not possible, right? Well, it's true. He was like l----l *this* close to signing with us. Then imagine that we don't trade for Grant Hill, cuz guess what? We had Chauncey Billups and Ben Wallace on our roster! If our stupid GM had kept them, acquired Duncan, signed T-Mac and maintained our draft choice with Mike Miller, we woulda been STACKED.

Billups

T-Mac

Miller

Duncan

Wallace

All in their primes. We messed up big time, man...

I remember that...*****in Gabriel...

Although, Duncan chose to stay in SA...but still, Billups, T-Mac, Miller and Wallace...

David Aldridge:

If you're Orlando GM Otis Smith, do you pick up the phone, call the Clippers and say, 'Let's end this right now. You give me Blake Griffin, Chris Kaman and that unprotected No. 1 pick for next year from Minnesota and you have a deal.'

http://www.nba.com/2...ls=iref:nbahpt1

Finally. An analyst recognizing (somewhat) fair value. I'd be happy with that deal.