AddiFB

Offseason Thread Part VII: The Fall of The Lockout

AK is looking at 9mil for 3yrs???? That's 27million.... More than J Rich... You go Brooklyn Nets, I'm glad you know how to put a team together...lol

That's almost Otis-esque. At this rate, they're not going to have room for Dwight.

the only thing i can see why they'd justify keeping otis around and/or not gutting the team and rebuilding is because ol' RDV wants a chip before he dies, doesn't feel like he has time to rebuild team/start fresh with new GM. That's a real wrinkle i can see in the "duh, trade for picks, suck for a few years and draft smart" plan if dwight does leave that could keep us at mid-level suck by signing and trading for "pieces" and extend out the suck. Also, attendance at new arena will surely drop way off if dwight leaves, but may be worse if they're not a fringe playoff team and in full blown rebuilding mode.

The enemy of bad is mediocrity. We as a fan base have suffered through fringe playoff teams for too long. We need to scorch the current landscape of the franchise and build on new fertile grounds with the correct "crops" in place. True fans will understand, but hopefully management understands that fans can put up with a few bad seasons. What we as fans hate is the certainty of 1st or 2nd round exits every year.

Otis is setting us up to be players un the 2013 free agent class with these 2 year deals. Also I think bc of new CBA dwight may opt in in 2012. 2013 UFA - Monte ellis, Iggy, josh smith......deron williams (if he doesn't opt out this year)...

alvincancio alvin cancio @CourtneyLee2211 come back to the NETS!

CourtneyLee2211 Courtney Lee @

@alvincancio yaw bout to get d12

21 hours ago

Not sure if this was posted but he thought he was a Net as well and apparently they are still very good friends so he probably knows what Dwight's up to. Also his tweet lines up with time frame of everything. All these reports from yesterday seem to line of well with each other.

Wow Earl Clark huh? I know some on this board like him but c'mon, the guy is a benchwarmer. This team is worse than last yrs, Duhon will play everynight, and Von Wafer,Larry Hughes,Gabe Pruit? God forbid if we have any injuries this team is so weak. Dwight has to be looking around the locker room and asking himself what the hell happened? He had a finals team 2 yrs ago and now he has a team that will probably end up with a 5th or 6th seed in the East.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Wow Earl Clark huh? I know some on this board like him but c'mon, the guy is a benchwarmer. This team is worse than last yrs, Duhon will play everynight, and Von Wafer,Larry Hughes,Gabe Pruit? God forbid if we have any injuries this team is so weak. Dwight has to be looking around the locker room and asking himself what the hell happened? He had a finals team 2 yrs ago and now he has a team that will probably end up with a 5th or 6th seed in the East.

A bench warmer? Is that a joke? The guy is one of the only ones on the team that can play defense, this is a very good signing and gives us depth. Von Wafer has an extremely cheap contract and is nothing more of an insurance type of guy. Larry Hughes and Pruit are signed on so we can fill out the roster so we can have a training camp, both will more than likely be cut from the team.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Either Hughes or Pruitt will have to be cut to make room for Earl. Probably Hughes since we have a logjam at SG to begin with.

I still want to know what the hell Otis plans on doing about our backup center and PG problems. Appearently nothing. I'm going to puke if we seriously are going with Duhon as the backup point again. The only way out of that may be allowing Wafer to play those minutes...

Either Hughes or Pruitt will have to be cut to make room for Earl. Probably Hughes since we have a logjam at SG to begin with.

I still want to know what the hell Otis plans on doing about our backup center and PG problems. Appearently nothing. I'm going to puke if we seriously are going with Duhon as the backup point again. The only way out of that may be allowing Wafer to play those minutes...

I'm more concerned about the starting C

:shard:

I'm more concerned about the starting C

:shard:

Pretty much that.

I guess I'll be bummed if we lose Dwight because it's the closest we've been since Shaq, and here he is, apparently checking out in almost the exact same way. It just sucks to be SO CLOSE only to watch the whole thing dissolve away.

I'm not looking forward to another 7+ years of suckage until we can land a top draft pick again. We need better planning, better development, and a better way to keep players here.

A bench warmer? Is that a joke? The guy is one of the only ones on the team that can play defense, this is a very good signing and gives us depth. Von Wafer has an extremely cheap contract and is nothing more of an insurance type of guy. Larry Hughes and Pruit are signed on so we can fill out the roster so we can have a training camp, both will more than likely be cut from the team.

Okay so we had nobody on our team who plays defense and yet all last yr Clark got only garbage minutes, reasoning? The guy has done nothing in the league has a very low basketball IQ and yeah physically can defend but has no concept of team defense and rotations. He won't get minutes and if he does...... well, we are in trouble. This team has no depth and Von Wafer? Haha let me guess you agree with Otis and his whole "he is one of the most prolific scorers in the league" give me a break Von Wafer sucks.

Why did we release Arenas? Makes no sense at all he is better than Duhon and any of those other bums we brought in. I look at this roster and it sucks and at this point I am willing to sacrifice Dwight leaving just so we can trade half the trash on this team.

I'm sorry but on a good team Earl Clark would not get any minutes and I've never seen people so excited over a guy who won't help us out at all instead of signing guys who we actually need. Clark will probably see less time than last yr because now Harper will take his minutes. Like I said what if RA get's injured? Or Baby? JJ? Who the hell is going to play? It will be Dwight with a bunch of D leaguers.

• Upvote 1