AddiFB

Offseason Thread Part VII: The Fall of The Lockout

Even last year when it was rumored - I really don't see how it would help us much.

???

Did you not see the playoffs last season, or am I just kidding myself?

ahh, didnt know that. I'm just looking at different cheap bigs. I like my original trade though to the sixers, but like jareth said, we would still need to find a good backup pg and C.

You can get a veteran backup big cheap. We only need a guy to play around 8-10 minutes a game. Then again Dwight gets in foul trouble every now and then...

I have watched very little of Monta, could he be an everyday PG? I thought he used to be but couldn't remember.

People already complain about Jameer being a "shoot first point guard" but Monta?... Good Christ

I have watched very little of Monta, could he be an everyday PG? I thought he used to be but couldn't remember.

he's a bigger Jameer really. Scores at a much higher clip as he is a primary option and thanks in part to his reputation with the officials as well as his relentless attacking of the basket with ability to finish. Has had a few close calls with injury, has a rather hefty salary coming his way, cannot be a "starting PG" in the mold most would desire but can definitely contribute something. I wouldn't overlook him as an option but he's not at the top of MY list.

Monta is no PG. The dude is a SG all the way. Not only that but he can just flat out put the ball in the bucket. He would be great to have here, and if we can't find an upgrade at the SF position, I'd be sorely tempted to put JRich at the SF and Monta at the SG. No worse then Hedo on d.

The Nets will put aside the pursuit of Dwight Howard by the end of of the week if the Magic doesn't agree to a trade and pursue Plans B, C, and D, likely starting with the signing of Nene Hilario, Colin Stephenson reports, quoting "person who has been briefed on the team’s thinking."

Stephenson writes, "It won’t go past this week," the person said, adding that while Howard is the No. 1 target, the Nets "have a Plan A, B, C and D." Plan B, suggested Stephenson, would be the Nene signing. The Nets have reportedly offered the 6'11" PF/C $64 million over four years. Nene and Howard have the same agent, Dan HWNSNBU.

If the Nets walk away from a trade for Howard this week, it doesn’t mean they couldn’t make another attempt to trade for him during the season. The trade deadline is March 15.

http://www.netsdaily.com/2011/12/12/2632240/nets-set-deadline-for-howard-deal-will-move-on-later-this-week

Since Golden State wants a little more size at the SG position is there any way we could convince them to take on JJ?

JJ's only 6'4, 190...