AddiFB

Offseason Thread Part VII: The Fall of The Lockout

They aren't getting Gordon. They're getting Eric Bledsoe.

This says otherwise. If it is Bledsoe instead then it an okay deal. If it is Gordon it is great.

"The trade as submitted would cost the Clippers guard Eric Gordon, center Chris Kaman and forward Al-Farouq Aminu. It would also include Minnesota's first-round draft pick in 2012."

http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/nba/story/_/id/7342778/los-angeles-clippers-deal-new-orleans-hornets-chris-paul-submitted-nba-source-says

This says otherwise. If it is Bledsoe instead then it an okay deal. If it is Gordon it is great.

http://espn.go.com/l...nba-source-says

Other sources are disputing that.

Of course, it'd be worse if it WAS Gordon, since he's expiring this year, and they can't offer him an extension as part of the trade without turning him into a PPP player, which would make the trade violate the CBA.

So they get a one year rental of Eric Gordon, while trying to sell him on a rebuilding process.

"The trade as submitted would cost the Clippers guard Eric Gordon, center Chris Kaman and forward Al-Farouq Aminu. It would also include Minnesota's first-round draft pick in 2012."

http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/nba/story/_/id/7342778/los-angeles-clippers-deal-new-orleans-hornets-chris-paul-submitted-nba-source-says

Seems to be conflicting reports depending on the source. I wonder what the actual deal will be.

Your argument is ridiculous. If the NBA is going to own the Hornets,

The NBA is not going to own the Hornets.

Sorry.

The NOH chimera ownership an interim phase.

It's not there to serve the NOH GM, his dreams or wishes.

The NBA Owners put money into NOH with a view to keep the franchise appealing to a prospect investor.

The NBA Owners feel that such an investor will be found with young players, picks and low / flexible salary.*

If the NOH GM doesn't like not having total operational freedom to suck millions of contract, he can always quit and join the Orlando Magic.

*calling that situation "corrupt" is as relevant as calling the Hornets "HIS (GM Demps') OWN TEAM"...

http://espn.go.com/l...nba-source-says

Gordon in the trade makes it way better (as long as Gordon stays long term).

The NBA on ESPN @NBAonESPN 7 mins

RT @TheAkronHammer: Hasheem Thabeet went from No. 2 overall pick to amnesty waivers in 30 months. That's impressive

quick OTIS, GET IN ON THE ACTION!

• Upvote 1

The NBA is not going to own the Hornets.

Sorry.

The NOH chimera ownership an interim phase.

It's not there to serve the NOH GM, his dreams or wishes.

The NBA Owners put money into NOH with a view to keep the franchise appealing to a prospect investor.

The NBA Owners feel that such an investor will be found with young players, picks and low / flexible salary.*

If the NOH GM doesn't like not having total operational freedom to suck millions of contract, he can always quit and join the Orlando Magic.

*calling that situation "corrupt" is as relevant as calling the Hornets "HIS (GM Demps') OWN TEAM"...

The NBA owns the Hornets now. If such an ownership is going to work in a way that is fair and not blatantly corrupt, the management of the Hornets has to be able to operate without input from other teams. This is obvious. I can't believe you're arguing it.

Or rather, I can because this board seems to have an average IQ of wallpaper, but that doesn't mean it doesn't shock me every time.

If they were going to just try to make the team appealing to a buyer(which will never happen, by the way), they would have been better off folding the team, removing the talent via a dispersal draft and letting a new owner start over with an expansion draft. They'd have a lot less cost up front, already have an NBA ready arena built, etcetera.

But lets back up: lets assume the trade is Gordon, Bledsoe, Aminu, Kaman and the Twolves pick. Well, now the Hornets immediately have to offer Gordon an extension.

Well, he'd be a *****ing moron to accept it, but lets assume he would. How much do you think the other owners will allow them to offer? He'll get offers of 12m a year easy. Yes, he doesn't deserve it, but if NOH doesn't match, then that trade serves even less of a purpose than it already does for the Hornets. And what of the teams that want Gordon for themselves? What of the teams that offer for him? THOSE teams' owners now have vested interest in demanding that the Hornets not match those offer sheets. The same problem will occur in 2 years with Bledsoe and Aminu, albeit for much much less money.

So yes, the system is quite corrupt, and given that Dell Demps is the GM and is supposed to have more say in his team's personnel management than the owners of other teams, I'd say calling it "his own team" is fair, especially given how often people refer to the current Magic roster as "Otis's team" or "Otis's screwup" or whatever. If this is Otis Smith's Magic, then those are damn sure Dell Demps's Hornets.

the management of the Hornets has to be able to operate without input from other teams. This is obvious. I can't believe you're arguing it.

Or rather, I can because this board seems to have an average IQ of wallpaper, but that doesn't mean it doesn't shock me every time.

The coaching staff of the Hornets has to be able to operate without input from the NOH Interim Owners ("other teams").

The management of the Hornets (eg the strategical decision to sign a max deal with Kwame Brown) is -as it should be- under the approval of the Interim Ownership ("other teams").

The rest is just judgemental blob and, as per my wardrobe, I refuse to get into a battle of wits with an unarmed person.

:cheers: