AddiFB

Offseason Thread Part VII: The Fall of The Lockout

This, the fact the Magic have traded for Big Baby and re-signed J-Rich despite knowing Dwight wants out kinda indicates this. The Magic will not go into tank mode. They've invested so much money into this new arena, no way they are going to let it be half empty for a tanking effort this soon. I seriously believe Otis is going to look for a trade that wins now for the Magic. I'm expecting a three team deal where we get Bynum and other players while the 3rd team gets Gasol. Not really what I want, but the Magic are not going to tank. Just can't see them doing it.

Minni pick, send Gasol to OKC for Harden! YAY ME

This. Go all-in for CP3, let Dwight play with him, if he still wants to leave at the trade deadline, blow the team up, get great picks, and start rebuilding. I don't want to go through the "Penny on Life Support" years, the "Heart & Hustle" years, the "TMac and bench-riding veteran" years. If we're going to suck, let's suck EPICALLY and move on to the draft.

I've moved on from Dwight already and am looking towards the future. Trade him now and let the rebuilding process commence

Martin is not from PR, and are you racist? I guess it would bother you the same way if Nene came here and all of the Brazilians showed up to cheered him on waving their brazilian flags with custom Brazilian Magic jerseys.

No Brazilian people don't bother me, just Ricans. Do any of you ever wonder why the have to put there flag all over everything they have ?

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I've moved on from Dwight already and am looking towards the future. Trade him now and let the rebuilding process commence

I haven't quite reached that level of reality, yet. It's coming, I'm sure, but I'm not quite willing to accept it.

Think I'm still in the "Denial" stage of Kubler-Ross's hierarchy.

I just want some clarity one way or the other. Either trade him or make some big moves to keep him here. I don't want the team in turmoil all year and I don't want a mid season trade to ruin chemistry. Let's just do this thing Otis.

This, the fact the Magic have traded for Big Baby and re-signed J-Rich despite knowing Dwight wants out kinda indicates this. The Magic will not go into tank mode. They've invested so much money into this new arena, no way they are going to let it be half empty for a tanking effort this soon. I seriously believe Otis is going to look for a trade that wins now for the Magic. I'm expecting a three team deal where we get Bynum and other players while the 3rd team gets Gasol. Not really what I want, but the Magic are not going to tank. Just can't see them doing it.

This. Otis has stated numerous times that it isin't about one guy. Although it was our number one priority to keep Dwight, Otis wasn't going to do trades that would set us back more years if Dwight where to leave. Dwight didn't like that because Otis didn't roll over as maybe Mark Cuban would so now he wants out. A lot of Dwight's problems have to do with his maturity. When it comes to techs, ft's, media interviews, and life, the guy just has to grow a pair.

I just want some clarity one way or the other. Either trade him or make some big moves to keep him here. I don't want the team in turmoil all year and I don't want a mid season trade to ruin chemistry. Let's just do this thing Otis.

I think it's pretty clear that Dwight wants out. Saying that he "Loves the people in Orlando, but that playing here wasn't enjoyable" is a big clue. Yeah - I just want someone to either pull the trigger on bringing in the best pieces available that have the best chance of enticing him to stay; or, just saying "***** it" and send him out for the best package we could find.

The Laker trade wouldn't be the end of the world, and that KILLS me to say that. Bynum in the East would be far more dominant than the size-laden West, but those knees.....ugh.

Shaq years all over again. At least the Lakers have an old, crappy team and no Phil Jackson.

I say play out the year and try to keep him here. Don't trade him so he can get his money, that's what he wants. Let him walk and leave all that money on the table.