AddiFB

Offseason Thread Part VII: The Fall of The Lockout

They both were lottery picks, not what I was talking about.

Also, calling JJ an awful pick is absurd. He's been a damn good role player we can rely on for years. Plus, look at who we passed on to take him. Absolutely nobody worth a damn except Rondo, who probably never would've developed into anything special without KG, Pierce and Ray.

Rondo deserves more credit than that and JJ wasn't an aweful pick but he was a reach and still we havn't gotten any solid nba starters in the draft other than when we are at #1 in a long time

Hey, if Dwight is really pulling this crap, screw him. Let him miss out on the extra money (plus I think NJ has state taxes) he could have signed for here. It's not the Orlando Magic's job to make LA, NJ, Boston, or any other team better by trading them our best guy (who's one of the tops in the league too) for trash. That doesn't help the Orlando Magic.

Go the Cleveland route, unless you think them sucking last season isn't worth Kyrie Irving.

I totally agree: keep him for the season, even if makes everyone miserable.

If you HAVE to trade him, DON'T trade him in the conference. If possible, trade him to a crap team, OR, better, trade him to a current contender, but gut that team with the trade so they aren't contenders anymore (like the OKC trade people are tossing back and forth - HARDEN, yes).

DON'T TRADE HIM TO THE EFFING LAKERS EVEN IF THEY OFFER TO THROW IN PICKS FOR THE REST OF THE TEAM'S EXISTENCE AND EVERY PLAYER ON THEIR TEAM. Seriously.

Rondo deserves more credit than that and JJ wasn't an aweful pick but he was a reach and still we havn't gotten any solid nba starters in the draft other than when we are at #1 in a long time

Rondo never did much of anything before the big 3. He still has absolutely no jumper, you can't say he would have had similar success anywhere. Considering Rondo was the only player drafted behind JJ that has had more NBA success, I'd say JJ Redick was a good pick.

It is hard for ANY team in the NBA to get solid starters consistently in the draft. Very few players from every draft class actually make a difference. The Spurs and Thunder are the only teams who seem to hit on picks all the time.

I would like to see the team we have now play and then make judgments whether we should trade Dwight, or someone else, if we should tank a whole season or not too. This team we have might be really good. We are definitely top 5-6 team in the east right now. Now if someone steps up and improves in the season, Turkoglu, J-Harper, J-Nelson we could be top 3 since the Celtics are so old. The last time we were the 3rd seed we got to the finals.

I'm just gonna take a breather, relax. There's nothing that indicates that Dwight Howard is dishonest, it's all just reporters blowing sand in everybody's eyes. Chris Broussard FU. Like SVG said, his source doesn't exist or is an idiot. Let's also just face the facts, this draft is good but there's no player at the level of Dwight Howard. Giving him to a contender that might otherwise not be able to get him, almost guaranteeing that team championships, is a bad bad idea. :bball:

We are just a piece away or a player we already have to step up from seriously contending, as long as we have Dwight Howard.

Hey, if Dwight is really pulling this crap, screw him. Let him miss out on the extra money (plus I think NJ has state taxes) he could have signed for here. It's not the Orlando Magic's job to make LA, NJ, Boston, or any other team better by trading them our best guy (who's one of the tops in the league too) for trash. That doesn't help the Orlando Magic.

Go the Cleveland route, unless you think them sucking last season isn't worth Kyrie Irving.

I'd agree, but the Magic will NOT let him walk unless they make a move where they think he'll re-sign with. Our only hope is a J-Rich S&T for Ellis or something. No point in this argument anymore, it is becoming more and more obvious that Dwight will end up traded.

I done arguing, the topics have changed like 5 times lol.

I just wanna know why 2 in the front office are denying that D12 had permission while Otis and another individual say D12 did have permission.

I would like to see the team we have now play and then make judgments whether we should trade Dwight, or someone else, if we should tank a whole season or not too. This team we have might be really good. We are definitely top 5-6 team in the east right now. Now if someone steps up and improves in the season, Turkoglu, J-Harper, J-Nelson we could be top 3 since the Celtics are so old. The last time we were the 3rd seed we got to the finals.

I'm just gonna take a breather, relax. There's nothing that indicates that Dwight Howard is dishonest, it's all just reporters blowing sand in everybody's eyes. Chris Broussard FU. Like SVG said, his source doesn't exist or is an idiot. Let's also just face the facts, this draft is good but there's no player at the level of Dwight Howard. Giving him to a contender that might otherwise not be able to get him, almost guaranteeing that team championships, is a bad bad idea. :bball:

We are just a piece away or a player we already have to step up from seriously contending, as long as we have Dwight Howard.

Same. Right now, it's JUST rumors. Maybe well-founded rumors, maybe just ESPN trying to convince Dwight to go to LA by spreading crap.

I'm not saying anything on Dwight until (and IF) he actually leaves. Even if he wants to leave? He's not gone yet: Otis might work some miracle trade, or Dwight might play with this team, or they might go on some huge streak.

I guess I'm saying that, until it ACTUALLY happens...

Let's see.

I done arguing, the topics have changed like 5 times lol.

I just wanna know why 2 in the front office are denying that D12 had permission while Otis and another individual say D12 did have permission.

A good question - wondering that myself. I usually end up defending Otis, but if he let Dwight go and talk to whomever without letting his bosses sign off on it....

Wow.

Same. Right now, it's JUST rumors. Maybe well-founded rumors, maybe just ESPN trying to convince Dwight to go to LA by spreading crap.

I'm not saying anything on Dwight until (and IF) he actually leaves. Even if he wants to leave? He's not gone yet: Otis might work some miracle trade, or Dwight might play with this team, or they might go on some huge streak.

I guess I'm saying that, until it ACTUALLY happens...

Let's see.

The team might actually be better than it was last year, because Dwight Howard is so much better and Arenas is gone.

I'd agree, but the Magic will NOT let him walk unless they make a move where they think he'll re-sign with. Our only hope is a J-Rich S&T for Ellis or something. No point in this argument anymore, it is becoming more and more obvious that Dwight will end up traded.

Why won't they? Did it suddenly turn into not a business but a "let's help out the rest of the NBA" type of establishment? Trading Dwight does this franchise not one bit of good unless they're getting fair value. We're not going to get fair value, so why settle? This is almost exactly like the Bucs a few seasons ago, desperately plugging in aging veterans and winning the division, but getting eliminated in the first round. Start from scratch, bring in young players through the draft (and we'll be getting good picks cause we'll be sucking for a few years), and ship Otis out on an iceberg.

I'd seriously be more pissed if we traded Dwight for scrubs who won't help us either A.) suck bad enough to get us good picks, or B.) win the whole, *blanking*, thing. (Major League, you know the line!)

A good question - wondering that myself. I usually end up defending Otis, but if he let Dwight go and talk to whomever without letting his bosses sign off on it....

Wow.

Berger's latest article update http://ken-berger.blogs.cbssports.com/mcc/blogs/entry/11838893/33776115

The Magic on Friday night gave Howard's agent, Dan HWNSNBU, permission to speak with three teams -- the Lakers, Nets and Mavericks -- about a potential trade, a person familiar with the decision told CBSSports.com. But at the time of the reported meeting between Howard and Prokhorov, no permission had been given, the person said.

"I've seen the report, but I have no idea whether he met with them or not," Magic CEO Alex Martins said. "And so we'll certainly look into that. But at this stage, it's just a report."

Orlando's goal remains to retain Howard, but the organization has made the decision that it will not suffer the same fate as when Shaquille O'Neal left as a free agent in 1996 and the team received nothing in return. Also, Magic GM Otis Smith will not have Howard's destination in a trade dictated to him by Howard or his agent, a person with knowledge of the organization's strategy told CBSSports.com.

It was a second straight day of buffoonery for the NBA as it tried, and failed miserably, to shake off the effects of a five-month lockout and launch abbreviated training camps and free agency Friday. The season starts in 16 days, and two of the league's biggest stars evidently are frozen in their cities while other teams struggled to field enough bodies to hold training-camp practices.

So if we do pursue tampering charges and they go deep enough, that can completely prevent the Nets from signing or trading for Dwight I believe