AddiFB

Offseason Thread Part VII: The Fall of The Lockout

I don't understand the hate. Dwight has never promised he would stay here. He always said he didn't want to talk about it. He isn't making a farce of it like LeBron, with a TV show to announce his pick of who would be blessed by his presence. He has been a model citizen, and has been a great ambassador for the Magic and Orlando. Of course we want him to stay. But he has every right to do what he desires. He gave us a pretty good chance to put a winning combination around him. He even re-upped after his original contract.

Don't blame Dwight. If you have a competitive bone in your body you would want to be in a position to win, just like him.

Blame Otis, or Stan, or Stuff or Bianchi. If D12 goes, it will be because he has the heart of a champion and he feels like he can't get it done here. He wants a ring, and he doesn't believe that the Magic organization has the stuff to help him get it. What do you expect him to do? I don't blame him.

If he stays, I will be happy. If he goes I will be disappointed, but not mad. I will still be a D12 fan. He has done everything we have asked him to, including letting us know he is now ready to go, so we can try to get something out of his departure, and not be another SHAQ.

Life will go on, and I will still look forward to going to the games.

WE DRAFTED HIM NUMBA 1!!!!

I say we send an invite to Brooks Thompson to camp. He should help shore up the PG position and give us that perimeter defender we so desperately need.

Brooks FTW!!

I don't understand the hate. Dwight has never promised he would stay here. He always said he didn't want to talk about it. He isn't making a farce of it like LeBron, with a TV show to announce his pick of who would be blessed by his presence. He has been a model citizen, and has been a great ambassador for the Magic and Orlando. Of course we want him to stay. But he has every right to do what he desires. He gave us a pretty good chance to put a winning combination around him. He even re-upped after his original contract.

Don't blame Dwight. If you have a competitive bone in your body you would want to be in a position to win, just like him.

Blame Otis, or Stan, or Stuff or Bianchi. If D12 goes, it will be because he has the heart of a champion and he feels like he can't get it done here. He wants a ring, and he doesn't believe that the Magic organization has the stuff to help him get it. What do you expect him to do? I don't blame him.

If he stays, I will be happy. If he goes I will be disappointed, but not mad. I will still be a D12 fan. He has done everything we have asked him to, including letting us know he is now ready to go, so we can try to get something out of his departure, and not be another SHAQ.

Is that fog or smoke your peering into???

For Dwight to tell his fans that he loves the City and that he wants to win a Championship here was just wrong. He knows what we went through with Shaq and for him to do it again makes him a coward in my book. If he really respected you or me as a fan he would have told us his intentions by now so we could get the best deal possible for this team. Im not loyal to Dwight, Im loyal to the Magic so if he leaves i'll boo him just as much as anyone else who comes into our building.

People are upset mostly over how he's handling the situation, not that he's actually entertaining the idea of leaving.

I'm sorry but if you leave this team on bad terms, you're on my new **** list

So how could he handle it so people would be happy.

Dwight still has a year left on his contract, and if the reports are true, and he tried/is trying to force his way out now, then I can certainly understand a bit of flack being sent in his direction. If he broke league rules, went behind the teams back and conspired with the Nets in an effort to leave here early, then he absolutely earned a bit of negativity.

If he had kept his mouth shut, been true to his word, and his contract, and decided at the end of the season that he had a better shot at winning a ring somewhere else, well, I wouldn't like it, but that's his right and it's his life, so, farewell, and I wish you luck.

He has said several times that it's not about the money, but the real reason to force a trade to the Nets now is so that they can sign him to a 5 year max deal with 7.5% raises this coming summer. If we hold onto him this season, and don't sign and trade him, the Nets can only sign him to a 4 year max deal with 4.5% raises. So yeah, go ahead and tell me again it isn't about the money.

• Upvote 1

Confusion, speculation, and people jumping to conclusions

This whole day has been nothing but a roller coaster ride. We go from armageddon, to everything is great, back down to the apocalypse.

:svgsad:

I say we send an invite to Brooks Thompson to camp. He should help shore up the PG position and give us that perimeter defender we so desperately need.

Brooks FTW!!

I still have an autographed mini magic ball by him. I wonder if it made the ball less valuable.