AddiFB

Offseason Thread Part VII: The Fall of The Lockout

I agree. I say we bring in the old Magic killers: Rip and Chauncey. Then trade Meer/JJ/Anderson for Iggy/filler. Let's just go all in for a championship now:

Billups

Rip

Iguodala

Big Baby

Howard

That's a nasty starting 5. We can fill out the bench with vets.

That's not that great. Rip hasn't played a more than 70 games since 07-08

if we can do the sign and trade for j-rich to GS, then GS send Ellis to 76ers and we get AI2. All should be good, GS and 76ers where thinking about this before the lockout.

But also before the 76ers sold to new owner ship...

They aren't all-stars anymore, but Billups is a great leader, plays solid D and can still shoot and distribute reliably. Hamilton averaged 14 points and shot nearly 40% from 3 while coming off the bench in a terrible situation in Detroit. Plus, both are near 90% free throw shooters on a team that shoots the worst from the line in the league. So, I think situationally it makes a lot of sense for both players. They also both have something to prove, Billups after getting amnestied and Rip for being bought out.

Billups and Hamilton haven't been "nasty" since their championship days together in Detroit.

Now that Billups is available.........wouldn't he or VC be a better option? By the way, is Washington still holding on to Lewis??? We are under the cap now aren't we??

Obviously VC or Billups would be better than Larry Hughes, even friggin Allen Iverson if you will.

And Lewis is staying put in Washington

man that lineup would be top defence for how eve many years billups got left in him

Rip isn't a great defender and he can't stay health

Rip isn't a great defender and he can't stay health

Rip on the team been we have to SG that cant defend anyone at the there positon.... I think have JJ being like that is enough...

Billups will go to Miami, IMO

Well from what I can remember, only the teams under the cap can bid on players who have been amneistied. So that takes Miami out of the process. But from what I understand, he and RIP have lost a lot of that fire since their Championship days!

What is the status of Lewis, I would love to have that guy on the cheep Vets Minimum, we would be long and dangerous again!!