AddiFB

Offseason Thread Part VII: The Fall of The Lockout

Do you not understand what a labor dispute is?

If Home Depot enters into a labor dispute with their employees, you have a right to complain if Home Depot sells bad products or if Home Depot has bad service.

You don't have a right to complain about how much Home Depot pays its employees. You CERTAINLY don't have the right to complain about how much Home Depot pays its employees by acting like that actively makes their products better or worse, which is what you're doing with the NBA right now.

The NBA entered into a labor dispute with the players union over salary issues for the players. They were never going to address any of the things you're complaining about, because they weren't part of the labor dispute.

Your feeling entitled to, well, whatever the hell you think being a customer entitles you to is completely irrelevant to their dispute, because it has dick-all to do with player salaries.

As for your threat to ignore me, I really would struggle to care less if you want to ignore me or not. A person who ignores someone who is going out of their way to educate them isn't worth anyone's time, and the idea you have that I somehow owe it to you to be unfailingly polite while pointing out how moronic and hypocritical your ideas of entitlement are is a silly one.

I'd have rather you just said "thank you. I've learned something new about the differences between a resolution to a labor dispute and a resolution to bring more disparity to an organization," and been on your way.

If you don't like how the NBA runs its business, stop watching the NBA. Problem *****ing solved.

You really think the NBA is giving you a good product right now? If you do, thats your opinion and I respect that but don't expect to come across superior to me because of my opinions the way you did and expect me to take that as educational.

I've probably been through more labor disputes personally then you know.

I'll just redo what I said and leave it alone. That contract for DeAndre Jordan is over payed. Agree or disagree. Your opinion. Thats just mine. As far as fans, we are getting IMO, a bad product with a shortened hurried up season with little preparation. Agree or disagree. Your opinion. 3rd and lastly, many other leagues have done little but good things to show gratitude towards fan stuff like lowering prices on certain things. Some owners have, some don't.

This post shows a lot of hypocrisy. You say you rather have me say "Thank you..." but yet your first post was more of a whining complaint about me whining and nothing of sort.

I don't like to ignore but I'm not going to argue with hypocrisy. It just seems to be a waste of time.

I can't see Otis saying "garbage" and "Old Guys" when it comes to talking about the Lakers.

Off to work. Hopefully there will be some good news for my return home.

I can't see Otis saying "garbage" and "Old Guys" when it comes to talking about the Lakers.

Off to work. Hopefully there will be some good news for my return home.

It didn't say it was Otis, it said an NBA GM.

this has probably been posted, and im not posted it like HEY CHECK THIS NEWS OUT. I just had a severe giggle when I read it.

MisterRudolph Jarrod N Rudolph

Sources have gone dark as talks of a LA Superpower gain steam. Says to me that wheels are turning and something is going to happen soon.

reeeeally? detestable scribes, this town is filled with them.

Pinger!!!!!

#magic sources are confirming that magic ceo bob vanderweide will be stepping down. As as soon as today. More to come

way to stay on top of things.

this has probably been posted, and im not posted it like HEY CHECK THIS NEWS OUT. I just had a severe giggle when I read it.

reeeeally? detestable scribes, this town is filled with them.

Only way I'm with Dwight to LA is if its the Clippers or Lakers gets some 3rd team involved where we get high picks and youth. Other then that, if Dwight wants to leave, trade him to any team that will give us what we need and do it now so we can get Drummond if he comes out or Anthony Davis at least.

You really think the NBA is giving you a good product right now?

This is irrelevant to any point I've made in this thread. In fact, I said specifically that you're welcome to think the product is bad, and that you're welcome take your business elsewhere if it bothers you so much. I ALSO said that those things have nothing to do with the NBA's labor dispute, which was the entire crux of what I've been saying.

If you do, thats your opinion and I respect that but don't expect to come across superior to me because of my opinions the way you did and expect me to take that as educational.

I said nothing about your opinions, one way or the other.

What I said was educational in so far as the difference between a labor dispute between the players and owners, and an attempt by both parties to make a better product. You continue to act like they are the same, or at the very least are very closely entwined. They are not. Stop acting like they are.

I've probably been through more labor disputes personally then you know.

You have failed now, in 3 separate posts, to prove that you even understand what a labor dispute is, so I find this claim extremely suspect.

I'll just redo what I said and leave it alone. That contract for DeAndre Jordan is over payed. Agree or disagree. Your opinion. Thats just mine.

This is unrelated to anything I've written about in this discussion.

As far as fans, we are getting IMO, a bad product with a shortened hurried up season with little preparation. Agree or disagree. Your opinion.

This is unrelated to anything I've written about in this discussion.

3rd and lastly, many other leagues have done little but good things to show gratitude towards fan stuff like lowering prices on certain things. Some owners have, some don't.

This is unrelated to anything I've written about in this discussion. If you'd like me to talk about those things, I'm happy to. But I haven't yet, so stop acting like you're rebutting something I've said, or that I'm somehow attacking your opinions. The only "opinion" of yours I've attacked is your mistaken belief that the consumer costs or consumer product value would be a main point of consideration during a labor dispute.

This post shows a lot of hypocrisy. You say you rather have me say "Thank you..." but yet your first post was more of a whining complaint about me whining and nothing of sort.

My first post was a request for you to explain why you felt you were entitled to, frankly, anything during a private labor dispute between the owners and players, given that you are neither an owner nor a player. I then explained, as I often do, exactly how your post was coming across to casual observers: mainly that you were impotently complaining about not getting something out of a dispute that had nothing to do with you, and it came across as incredibly petulant and childish. It still does.

But I'd really love to hear you explain how my post could be the result of a case of "being rude is easy for ya" in post #2 and an example of a "whining complaint" in post 3. I've seen people completely change course in attempts to make an argument against me on this board before, but it's pretty rare that they'd do it so completely in consecutive posts.

I don't like to ignore but I'm not going to argue with hypocrisy. It just seems to be a waste of time.

Well that's fine, but you never identified hypocrisy.

Now, all that said: would you like me to discuss what I think of DeAndre Jordan's potential contract, the quality of league play, or any other topic?