AddiFB

Offseason Thread Part VII: The Fall of The Lockout

DavidBaumann33 David Baumann

Dwight Howard: "Right now, me and Otis (Smith) are going to continue to try and make this team better," but didn't say trade demand was off.

Thats all we can ask for. Both of them need to do their jobs. Dwight play ball. Otis put the best team on the floor. Pretty simple.

I don't want anyone to misunderstand my earlier comments..

If instead of Training Camp opening in early December, it was the offseason starting and Dwight was a free agent? If the money was all the same, I think Dwight would have walked. I do absolutely think that the Magic need to improve the roster/start looking like a top five NBA team again like a couple of years ago. I also wouldn't be surprised if calling his bluff and not trading him before Jan. 1st or sign-and-trading him this summer actually works. Dwight could see Orlando and all his reasonable FA targets as being relatively close with Orlando being able to offer him 30 million more dollars as the final tiebreaker. That's not exactly chump change folks, even to rich people like D12.

Just saying that I don't believe he's as 100 percent good-as-gone as the reactionary fan thinks, and therefore certainly shouldn't push him out the door with booing him off the floor in the Home Opener or something like that.

In other news, I'm happy about Earl Clark returning, however we've got quite a PF & SG logjam now, while we still pretty desperately need a backup C and backup PG for Daniel Orton & Chris Duhon to compete for minutes with. Can Von Wafer play PG? I thought he was a combo guard, but didn't honestly pay him much attention last season.

• Upvote 1

JoshuaBRobbins Josh Robbins

Shaq on the Magic's situation w/Dwight Howard: "I'm anxious to see if they make the same mistake twice."

Shaq........ :svgsad:

Shaq can **** with *** and **** his ******* **** and **** with ***** ***** **** around ****** and a walrus.

• Upvote 2

So if you had a choice of ANY other center in the league as part of a Dwight trade , who would you pick?

I just don't see many Centers in the league that even come close to Dwight. Shame we still don't have Gortat :(

Andrew Bogut

Marcus Camby

Emeka Okafor

Tyson Chandler

Andrew Bynum

Samuel Dalembert

Kendrick Perkins

JaVale McGee

Marcin Gortat

Nene Hilario

Roy Hibbert

Greg Monroe