AddiFB

Offseason Thread Part VII: The Fall of The Lockout

can you imagine otis walking into the room with ownership and telling them "here's what i got, crash and brook lopez and 1 pick"

man that has to be embarrassing.

:shard:

Well basically the options are either:

A.) Trade Dwight now and get rid of the distraction, as well as a few bad contracts immediately, and start the rebuilding process

B.) Hang on to Dwight and take the chance that he can be convinced to re-sign, but be forced to endure a season full of the media's attention on Dwight

Best option is to hold on to him and trade him closer to the deadline, we are getting lowballed now wait until someone under/over performs or a team takes an injury.

Well basically the options are either:

A.) Trade Dwight now and get rid of the distraction, as well as a few bad contracts immediately, and start the rebuilding process

B.) Hang on to Dwight and take the chance that he can be convinced to re-sign, but be forced to endure a season full of the media's attention on Dwight

B - then going further by saying "F U Media", calling them out for what they are, over paid drama writers.

Man. I want Dwight to stay as much as the next guy but he's taking this team through an unnecessary roller coaster and maybe we should just trade him.

If we take that Brook Lopez deal though, Otis needs to go and asap.

I just don't see what you guys are seeing for whatever reason. I just watched the Dwight and Otis Q & A and saw Dwight comfortable and laid back talking about basketball and how happy he is with the team's progress. After that I would assume they leave the building and go home? So I don't understand how after all of this he is "not a happy camper" and asked for a trade again. And how that gets reported.

Plus the guy is working hard and giving it his all from all reports from players and SVG. IDK maybe I'm just being way too optimistic and what do I know...

If Orlando got to dump Hedo and Duhon's contract, I'd hope they'd have a decent amount of money in cap space. Not a ton but it'd be a reasonable amount right? I'm on the trade Dwight now train and end this fiasco. I just want to move on from Dwight Howard and start the rebuilding process. Get the cap spcace back to where it should be and start young.

The problem with waiting until the deadline is we will be out of the lotto pick race.

It's a tough decision no doubt but if he gives management 100% clear indication that he is gone then you have to seriously think about trading him before the season so you can get that lotto pick.

And I don't think it's going to play out well at all during the season, the rumors are only going to pick up steam and it will divide the locker room in my opinion similar to the mess Denver had to deal with last year.

I just don't see what you guys are seeing for whatever reason. I just watched the Dwight and Otis Q & A and saw Dwight comfortable and laid back talking about basketball and how happy he is with the team's progress. After that I would assume they leave the building and go home? So I don't understand how after all of this he is "not a happy camper" and asked for a trade again. And how that gets reported.

Plus the guy is working hard and giving it his all from all reports from players and SVG. IDK maybe I'm just being way too optimistic and what do I know...

it's the timing of it. when dwight started practice i'm sure his agent was like "talks are advancing, involving more teams, its happening today". dwight goes to practice "has fun" and leaks "its a done deal." when dwight gave that interview i'm sure he hadn't heard that magic closed the d12 available shop and there was no deal yet and was feeling relaxed like situation is resolved i get what i want, had fun at practice etc.

then talks with agent, BAM, not a happy camper. whoever he chatted with in practice tells a friend who tells a friend that "dwight was saying it was done"...

and here we are

The problem with waiting until the deadline is we will be out of the lotto pick race.

It's a tough decision no doubt but if he gives management 100% clear indication that he is gone then you have to seriously think about trading him before the season so you can get that lotto pick.

And I don't think it's going to play out well at all during the season, the rumors are only going to pick up steam and it will divide the locker room in my opinion similar to the mess Denver had to deal with last year.

I don't think Otis is going to tank. He is going to try to build the strongest team he can, with or without Dwight...

so yes we will be a lottery team. Maybe trading Dwight is good.