AddiFB

Offseason Thread Part VII: The Fall of The Lockout

I'm finally ready to say that I have no faith in Otis and he should be let go. I've been hopeful that he could work something out. Matter of fact, I thought his moves yesterday were a good sign, and that he is on his way to keeping Dwight. But now we hear that he is basically ready to trade Dwight, yet he still went forth with those moves yesterday. There is a serious communication problem within the organization and Otis is at the root of it. Time to get rid of him.

• Upvote 1

:shard: :shard: :shard:

Didn't the Knicks pick up Billups' team option last year so he wouldn't become a FA, just to turn around and amnesty him? I don't get it

is there any way we say to the nets:

you give us dwill

we give you x players y draft picks z tpe and we let you keep your own picks because of tampering

that seems like a way better deal than anything they've offered us for howard

In a world where blackmailing is legal....this would be perfect

• Upvote 1

it might be time for Pat Williams to come back into the fold and start make moves not otis like in the old shaq and penny days... Dont see Otis sticking around unless the magic make a deep deep run in the playoffs.

is there any way we say to the nets:

you give us dwill

we give you x players y draft picks z tpe and we let you keep your own picks because of tampering

that seems like a way better deal than anything they've offered us for howard

If only Otis had the balls or brains. Instead they will probably keep all their young talent and trade us overpaid has beens with bad knees. I bet Otis is gearing up with another run at brian hill and calling for the new heart and hustle club.

We sent part of the Gortat TPE to Boston in a Von Wafer S&T so we can still have our exceptions available.

we sent the 1.8mil tpe to boston for wafer

Didn't the Knicks pick up Billups' team option last year so he wouldn't become a FA, just to turn around and amnesty him? I don't get it

I think the 3.6 or 4 million they would have had to pay him to get out of his contract would have counted against the cap. So all in all it was a good move. Correct me please if I am wrong.

it might be time for Pat Williams to come back into the fold and start make moves not otis like in the old shaq and penny days... Dont see Otis sticking around unless the magic make a deep deep run in the playoffs.

Pat Williams wasn't the GM during the Shaq and Penny days.

I think the 3.6 or 4 million they would have had to pay him to get out of his contract would have counted against the cap. So all in all it was a good move. Correct me please if I am wrong.

That's correct. His buyout would have counted against the CAP number, and would have prevented them from offering for Chandler or Nene.

I'm kind of expecting the Amway Center to collapse today and our rebuild will finally lead to this

Parking_Lot.jpg