Sign in to follow this  
Trey Time

WE'RE HEADING TOWARDS DECERTIFICATION!

Stern is using voided contracts as an empty threat. The courts will not allow that.

As for the decertification, dumb move. They should've done in this summer instead of after the season was supposed to start. They are throwing out an entire season's worth of salary for a chance to get help from courts. They will either have to come crawling back for 47% or the NBA will just dissolve or go to replacement players.

Or just using it to motivate the owners to make a couple more concessions to the current deal.

I think Stern and his ultimatums helped drive the players to this decision just as much as the deal itself.

Or just using it to motivate the owners to make a couple more concessions to the current deal.

I think Stern and his ultimatums helped drive the players to this decision just as much as the deal itself.

Maybe. I would hope the owners just give them a few things. These new rule changes aren't worth this IMO. But I don't see it.....

The ultimatum did push them, but at the same time I think Stern went as far as he could to try and get a deal done. If the players didn't want this, then Stern wasn't going to be able to get the owners to concede anymore IMO. I know a decent amount of owners didn't approve of this deal either. I think Stephen A. Smith said ten owners sent Stern a letter saying they will not agree to this deal. Those teams will not give into the players' demands, they are more than willing to miss a season to get what they want.

Out of all of the players in the league, am I really supposed to be excited that Rajon Rondo could become a free agent?

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Out of all of the players in the league, am I really supposed to be excited that Rajon Rondo could become a free agent?

But he's taller than Jameer Nelson.

All I know is he said "all contracts voided". If your contract is voided, you don't have a contract. If you don't have a contract, you're a free agent.

They'd be "voided" in the sense that if the union is decertified, the collective bargaining agreement used to circumvent several labor laws would no longer exist.

Players would use this to argue against certain league salary policies, like maximum salaries. The owners would turn around and argue against OTHER league salary policies, like minimum salaries.

You think the arguments NOW are silly? Wait until the owners realize that without a union, the players can't legally bargain collectively either, and 9th men start being offered 100k a year.

Decertification is great for the players, provided that "the players" is only referring to the top 35 or so players in the league. We're looking at a potential league where the top 5 players each make more than the bottom 50 combined.

It's a brave new world.

I've sided with the players throughout this entire lockout. But they really f***** up here. Hunter and Fisher should have at least taken the vote of the players, but they knew that the players would accept and Hunter and Fisher dont want to accept.

This is the best deal they're going to get, all theyre doing is losing out on a year of pay to try to make a point that won't be made. Stubbornness and greed is resulting in us losing our last season with Dwight. (possibly)

• Upvote 2

Hopefully this means we will not have to look at Fisher's ugly and old face anymore. I really feel sorry for billionnaires and millionaires. I will cry the players a river tonight.