Sign in to follow this  
Magicman28

Facepalm from Dwight

Here is another point. You do not trade Dwight. You simply cannot get value for him. You hope that you can get 2 amnesty clauses in the new CBA and you release Gil and Turk and if Dwight leaves you can blow it up and start over.

Being the 5-7 seed for 5 years is not the place to be.

I also believe he is gone. Still a magic fan through and through. What I also believe is that Otis Smith is not the GM to handle the situation of trading Dwight to get as much value back as possible. His clear mistakes over the last 4 years should have put a new person in the position he currently holds. At the end of the day I may not completely blame Otis as the reason to a Dwight departure.... but I am sure going to blame him for his terrible decisions which have crippled my team.

Who would you replace him with? There isn't a lot of guys right now who are available that are much better than Otis. At this point, I think you make Stan your GM/Coach.

Who would you replace him with? There isn't a lot of guys right now who are available that are much better than Otis. At this point, I think you make Stan your GM/Coach.

Yes, who Dwight doesn't seem to care for anymore as a coach.

Yes, who Dwight doesn't seem to care for anymore as a coach.

Well I'm suggesting this under the assumption that Dwight's is leaning towards leaving and I believe he is. That being the case, it wouldn't matter what Dwight thinks. I'm also using a little bit of a sarcasm because I don't know who else we could get thats much better.

Stan imo, has backed him on every occasion that you want coach to back a star player on. If Dwight really feels this way about Stan, then maybe its best we part with Dwight. I like Stan as a coach. I don't agree with every decision hes made on the court but every fan can say that about their coach at one point.I as a fan of this game for many years, am sick of tired of players dictate what happens to a coach.

• Upvote 2

maybe he'll feel bad enough to agree to a S&T which will be our only choice since its looking like the season will be cancelled shortly.

S&T puts us in the same position as Denver when they traded Melo - stuck with an above average team for years on end. Blow it up and start over through the draft

S&T puts us in the same position as Denver when they traded Melo - stuck with an above average team for years on end. Blow it up and start over through the draft

everyone around here got all pissy when i said we should trade him to the clips for young guys and the minny pick they own. combine that with our pick (top 5 w/o dwight) and wed have 2 top 5 picks in a stacked draft. unfortunately, unless there is a season that option is null because our pick would still be in the 20s

am sick of tired of players dictate what happens to a coach.

well, the fans don't really come to see the coach. And I'd fire Van Gundy before I went anywhere near Dwight.

You know what the worst part about this is? That mother *****er is throwing bbqs and tweeting/hinting to fans he is staying and wants to be in Orl. Then he has this interview, ***** him if he leaves.

stay classy, friend.

I can totally understand why Dwight would leave, and wouldn't fault him for it.

With that said, he has been acting like a giant douche in the last few months, saying how much he loves the city and blahblahblah but at the same time taking subtle (or not-so-subtle) jabs at everything Magic related, deflecting blame, and pretending to be a victim. I'd respect him more if he just left and said he did it because the team sucked rather than playing everyone like a cheap politician.

he could still re-sign depending on a miracle from management, but it wouldn't really change my feelings towards him.

everyone around here got all pissy when i said we should trade him to the clips for young guys and the minny pick they own. combine that with our pick (top 5 w/o dwight) and wed have 2 top 5 picks in a stacked draft. unfortunately, unless there is a season that option is null because our pick would still be in the 20s

LAC has been the team I've been pulling for, if we were to S&T Dwight. I'm with you 100% on that notion

How is it I posted this entire article a day before in another thread, and yet noone has said " hey go to the other thread to talk about this". I thought we don't start new threads for something that's already being discussed...?