Sign in to follow this  
Fultz4thewin

Offseason Thread part VI: Return of the Lockout

The first date for a possible court hearing is 4 months after the players filed suit.

4 months from July 1st is November 1st. Games start in October.

And you're an idiot.

Your logic is based on the following assumptions:

(1) The earliest court date available to be scheduled on _July 1_ was four months away. Court dockets fluctuate all of the time, so filing a case 5 months ago results in different hearing times available than filing a case today.

(2) A settlement is not reached before the initial hearing date. Is it possible (or even likely) that both sides reach an agreement at some point prior to the court date? If the answer is yes, then it would be possible to have a full NBA season.

:svgsad:

Your logic is based on the following assumptions:

(1) The earliest court date available to be scheduled on _July 1_ was four months away. Court dockets fluctuate all of the time, so filing a case 5 months ago results in different hearing times available than filing a case today.

There are multiple suits filed across several states. The EARLIEST one will be heard in, I believe, February. Most won't be heard until a month later, which is not all that uncommon.

Hell, the civil suit filed against OJ Simpson wasn't addressed until a full year after his criminal trial. So it's not like I'm just making things up here.

So I'm fairly comfortable assuming that 4 months would be a logical minimum or at the very least a logical average. But yes, I'll concede that it's entirely possible they could have been heard on July 8th for a July 1st filing if you'll concede that that notion is also mad crazy unlikely.

(2) A settlement is not reached before the initial hearing date. Is it possible (or even likely) that both sides reach an agreement at some point prior to the court date? If the answer is yes, then it would be possible to have a full NBA season.

The owners have very little reason to settle with the players without a players' union. That's the biggest issue facing negotiations right now.

I don't know why you'd think that'd be different if they were to have arrived at this position 3 months earlier.

I love you guys. I also think the NBA will disband and this forum will be no more in a couple of years. If that's the case, its been great! smile_cheers.gif Cheers.

I love you guys. I also think the NBA will disband and this forum will be no more in a couple of years. If that's the case, its been great! smile_cheers.gif Cheers.

Like wise "O"

Hello, Magic land brothers and sisters. I can't wait for the new CBA just to say good-bye to Arenas. What a failed mess of a trade. I'm also still holding out hope to flip Fran's rights to Minny for something special. Think Dwight is gone-zo. Old timers, remember the wonderful times of getting excited about the #8 seed?

Hello, Magic land brothers and sisters. I can't wait for the new CBA just to say good-bye to Arenas. What a failed mess of a trade. I'm also still holding out hope to flip Fran's rights to Minny for something special. Think Dwight is gone-zo. Old timers, remember the wonderful times of getting excited about the #8 seed?

Up 3-1 against Detroit then........ :panicworker: :gortat: :wacko: :beatcomp: :svgsad: :sos: :dustball: :angry:

And you're an idiot.

If you ever were to say this to someone in real life, you'd probably get your head smashed in. I'm not gonna sit here and act like some badass while threatening you over the Internet, but I'm pretty sure you don't have the balls to call someone an idiot in person.

Thinking back, I remember seeing the pictures you put in the "reveal yourself" thread, and you'd get the **** beat out of you by any decent sized guy.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

If you ever were to say this to someone in real life, you'd probably get your head smashed in. I'm not gonna sit here and act like some badass while threatening you over the Internet, but I'm pretty sure you don't have the balls to call someone an idiot in person.

Thinking back, I remember seeing the pictures you put in the "reveal yourself" thread, and you'd get the **** beat out of you by any decent sized guy.

I bet he has a tiny penis too.

• Upvote 1

bored+baby.jpg

Overreact much?

you know as much as we rip on arenas, he gave us more than rashard lewis could. If/when rashard gets amnestied and he's decently healthy, i'd love for him to come off the bench for us.