Sign in to follow this  
Fultz4thewin

Offseason Thread part VI: Return of the Lockout

I'm a team fan before any one player, it's not that I want to follow Dwight where ever he goes, I am ticked off at management that turned a good team with flexibility to make moves into one that has it's fans praying for good news. I'm sick of watching us piss away talent. I should have clarified this before but in the situations I mentioned I won't be following any team or giving any of my money to any NBA team.

I've followed this team from the very beginning and I've been loyal, however I will not reward management that messes things up this royally (if Dwight leaves) nor will I reward a franchise that is fine with feeding talent to a big market team just because they have a history of stealing a big man whenever they need one. It may be only a drop in the bucket for the team but they aren't getting my drop if they are going to mismanage things like this and cost us our chance to compete.

Only way I'd forgive the Magic, if they lost Dwight, would be if they got a big package from the Clippers. If we got Griffin and gobs of players, I'd stick with the Magic.

I'm also a fan of teams: I've been a Cowboys fan since I was five - that's a lot of REALLY bad years in there, a lot of HUGE letdowns. But the Cowboys were always trying to get better. I don't always get that sense from the Magic.

I just remember that Shaq really was ours for the taking, but management decided not to pay him more than Zo. Granted, he was probably leaving anyway, but not even make the offer? REALLY??

Dwight's not gone yet, though, and I'm still strapped in.

...with my fingers crossed.

Only way I'd forgive the Magic, if they lost Dwight, would be if they got a big package from the Clippers. If we got Griffin and gobs of players, I'd stick with the Magic.

I'm also a fan of teams: I've been a Cowboys fan since I was five - that's a lot of REALLY bad years in there, a lot of HUGE letdowns. But the Cowboys were always trying to get better. I don't always get that sense from the Magic.

I just remember that Shaq really was ours for the taking, but management decided not to pay him more than Zo. Granted, he was probably leaving anyway, but not even make the offer? REALLY??

Dwight's not gone yet, though, and I'm still strapped in.

...with my fingers crossed.

I haven't changed my underwear in 7 months.

Basketball is about having fun. No, really, it's a game. Being as young as I am, I have only been a fan of this team (who knew and cared what was going on, and made an effort to watch every game) since 2002. I was used to this team being bad, but I still loved them. I have no nostalgiac memories of our shortlived 90s glory. I loved watching T-Mac and LOL Troy Hudson. I didn't care that we weren't going to win a championship. It was never about that.

Sure, management made some boneheaded moves last December, but we'd be kidding ourselves if we thought we had a team good enough to win it all before the moves, and apparently there were chemistry issues involving Dwight.

I understand we crippled ourselves financially, as well, but Dwight is pretty much saying that if we don't compete for a title, he's gone. What could we realistically have done to crop together a championship caliber team before he became a free agent?

If Dwight leaves, I will remain a Magic fan, and wish him the best, wherever he goes. As long as I am still having fun watching a pro team playing the game I love in my home town, I'm not giving them up for anything.

Basketball is about having fun. No, really, it's a game. Being as young as I am, I have only been a fan of this team (who knew and cared what was going on, and made an effort to watch every game) since 2002. I was used to this team being bad, but I still loved them. I have no nostalgiac memories of our shortlived 90s glory. I loved watching T-Mac and LOL Troy Hudson. I didn't care that we weren't going to win a championship. It was never about that.

Sure, management made some boneheaded moves last December, but we'd be kidding ourselves if we thought we had a team good enough to win it all before the moves, and apparently there were chemistry issues involving Dwight.

I understand we crippled ourselves financially, as well, but Dwight is pretty much saying that if we don't compete for a title, he's gone. What could we realistically have done to crop together a championship caliber team before he became a free agent?

If Dwight leaves, I will remain a Magic fan, and wish him the best, wherever he goes. As long as I am still having fun watching a pro team playing the game I love in my home town, I'm not giving them up for anything.

You're such a sweetheart.

Maybe that's part of it, too. The whole reason I became a Magic fan was fond memories of my childhood when I was living in Ft. Walton Beach. For reference, that was over thirty years ago.

I'm probably lying to myself, really: Dwight will leave, I'll be pissed for a few months, but I'll still root Magic, probably. But....ugh: I just wish this team would pull it together like Miami seems able to.

That's....weird.

ur weird bro who the f changes their underwear nowadays its goo dluck bro

JEC IS A ADORABLE ISN'T HE HE'S SO YOUNG NOT A CARE IN THE WORLD ALL HE DOES IS SMOKE LBJS ALL DAY LONG MAKING TOASTED PEANUT BUTTER NUT SANDWICHES BRO HE'S LIVING THE LIE MOFUGGIN CUTTINO MOBLEY ROLLING DICE N SHIZ DAMN