Sign in to follow this  
Fultz4thewin

Offseason Thread part VI: Return of the Lockout

Well..I guess we're going to the finals again but unfortunately....not making any game winning layups off ally oop passes thrown from out of bounds.

The lockout has found it's first victims unfortunatly. Training camps have been postponed and all preseason games through October 15th are cancelled.

The NBA has officially postponed training camp and cancelled 43 preseason games.

According to deputy commissioner Adam Silver, "We have regretfully reached the point on the calendar where we are not able to open training camps on time." The entire preseason hasn't been canceled (only games through October 15), but this could be a taste of things to come. Regular season games will be lost if the league and the NBAPA fail to reach an agreement in the next 2-3 weeks.

Hedo says he won't sign with an overseas team during the lockout.

Hedo Turkoglu said on Saturday that he will not sign a contract with any team during the NBA lockout.

"I see the lockout process as an opportunity for myself to spend more time with my daughter and family," said Turkoglu. He had been 'listening' to offers from Spain and Turkey but nothing persuaded him to make the leap -- now the 32-year-old can rest, hopefully stay in shape, and look forward to a playoff run with Orlando in 2011-12.

I agree with the last line. As long as he can stay in shape, I think some time off is better for him at this point.

Deron Williams?? Anthony Morrow??

That does it, Dwight is going to the Nets. :svgsad:

Might have been Dwight mentioning names that Russians would recognize since a Russian part-owns the Nets. ...I hope.