Sign in to follow this  
Fultz4thewin

Offseason Thread pt V: The Sentinel Strikes Back (and makes us sad)

I'd disagree. Darko is longer, is a better passer, has a better face-up game, is a better defender, and has the same range as Bass. He also has a much a better bball IQ, which isn't too hard for anyone over Bass. I loved Brandon when he got here but he's just a one-trick pony. The only thing Bass has over Darko is his drive and heart.

Don't get me started on what our defense could be like if Darko was in the paint with Dwight. IF only he had the drive to play with energy and get better.

That's a big if.

Bass is more athletic, has a solid jumper works hard on improving his game and his range. He has the drive to play with energy and to get better. There's no chance Darko would start over Anderson, Bass or Harper.

I'd disagree. Darko is longer, is a better passer, has a better face-up game, is a better defender, and has the same range as Bass. He also has a much a better bball IQ, which isn't too hard for anyone over Bass. I loved Brandon when he got here but he's just a one-trick pony. The only thing Bass has over Darko is his drive and heart.

Don't get me started on what our defense could be like if Darko was in the paint with Dwight. IF only he had the drive to play with energy and get better.

Agree on everything. The big thing is that Darko's a better defender - we need defense; we need stops. We especially need stops when Dwight goes to the bench.

I wouldn't mind running the twin towers every once in a while, depending on matchups, but really - having someone to spell dwight for 10-15 minutes without the paint becoming an "EVERYONE SCORES!" zone would be a nice change.

That's a big if.

Bass is more athletic, has a solid jumper works hard on improving his game and his range. He has the drive to play with energy and to get better. There's no chance Darko would start over Anderson, Bass or Harper.

Stanley Robinson is more athletic than most the guys on our team; where is he now? Bass is not a very bright ball player and our team needs more IQ & skill. Yes, his energy is great, but that doesn't do much when it counts. I'd agree that Darko may not start over Ryan on this team (right away), but saying he couldn't beat out a rookie is laughable. Give him a chance under SVG and I'm sure he'd throw him in the lineup. Darko's defense & face-up game would easily put him as the 2nd best big on the team.

If we could switch out JRich and Bass for Mayo & Darko, i bet we rank in top 2 in the east and have a very good chance of making the finals.