Sign in to follow this  
Fultz4thewin

Offseason Thread pt V: The Sentinel Strikes Back (and makes us sad)

I would rather have Kwame over Darko, of course I dont think Kwame is going to end up in Orl so I wouldnt really mind Darko backing up Dwight. I would never be a supporter of him starting at PF

I'd welcome Darko back here. He'd a be a great backup C and a good candidate to start at PF. I'd easily take him over Bass as a starter.

Darko doesn't have the range needed to play power forward next to Dwight + he sucks.

David West has to actually sign the deal...

D West isn't going to resign with NO, he will leave and so will CP3 since West was the 2nd best player on that team.

That is my belief anyway.

Yeah, why not? But is this an actual rumor or just pure speculation?

I think everything's speculation at this point.

And for the guys saying Darko was a bust, here he is, twelve years later, still in the league, still relatively healthy, averaging around 6 points a game, 4 boards, and (last season) 2 blocks a game. He actually had a pretty good season last year: I would be completely happy with him coming off the bench.

The thing about Darko is that he should have been a late 1st round pick: just too much pressure on him and he cracked.

Darko doesn't have the range needed to play power forward next to Dwight + he sucks.

Would you say Bass is better than Darko as a starting PF?

yes by a wide margin.

I'd disagree. Darko is longer, is a better passer, has a better face-up game, is a better defender, and has the same range as Bass. He also has a much a better bball IQ, which isn't too hard for anyone over Bass. I loved Brandon when he got here but he's just a one-trick pony. The only thing Bass has over Darko is his drive and heart.

Don't get me started on what our defense could be like if Darko was in the paint with Dwight. IF only he had the drive to play with energy and get better.