Sign in to follow this  
Fultz4thewin

Offseason Thread pt V: The Sentinel Strikes Back (and makes us sad)

Whats it going to take for you to realize that Smith failed this franchise? Is it going to take Dwight leaving in FA next offseason?

Otis Smith, DeVos and crew have collectively done everything they could have to provide Dwight with a championship-caliber roster. After barely making the playoffs in 2007, he went out and brought SVG/Shard, whose contract was severely scrutinized despite bringing us to the damn NBA finals. He then blew everyone's minds by trading for Vince, stealing Ryan, and acquiring Bass. Just because Vince crapped the bed doesn't mean he didn't put together (on paper) a stacked team.

Honestly, does the man have to get you a Wade/CP3/Durant before you dub him worthy?

You bring about this disappointment by giving yourself unrealistic expectations.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 4

Would you rather have him say he tried to trade everyone and unfortunately the team is going to suck? I don't get it. . . Do you want him to name all the trades he attempted and all the players he hates? Would that make you feel better? 'cause I guarantee you it wouldn't help the team one bit.

Why not? It is a shame that this clown still has a job. I quess Devos does not require his employees to be competent . Smith's stupid decision will cost Magic dearly.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Josh Robbins

@JoshuaBRobbins

The #Magic are looking to acquire draft rights to Justin Harper from Cleveland (32nd) for a pair of future 2nd-round picks.

6 minutes ago via web

I have not heard about this guy before tonight.......

BMP and TITY, I believe Otis is trying. The problem is he has weighted this team down with recent terrible contracts (Arenas, Turk, Duhon and Q) while also giving away our recent assets (Tat and '11 first). In response, our team really struggled and our franchise player isn't signing an extension. Hard to trust in Otis' leadership after all of that, especially when he comes across smug in the media.

I seem to remember many people telling me I was over reacting and being negative when I said the trades last season were horrible. I remember plenty of people praising Otis for those deals early on in the season, and talking about how much a shakeup was needed after losing 6 out of 7 games (never mind a stomach virus/flu that had hit half the team during that period).

No one was talking about firing Otis then.

• Downvote 1

OMG there was a three team trade and we weren't in it!

:shard:

Which means, using the logic of most members, we have to fire Otis since he didn't call.