Sign in to follow this  
Fultz4thewin

Offseason Thread pt V: The Sentinel Strikes Back (and makes us sad)

Catman is not a writer fellas he is just telling you what he knows. Dwight not being a good guy would not be the first pro athlete who acts one way in front of the cameras and another behind them. Another reason you do not look up to pro athletes.

Idk, my opinion hasn't changed. I'd need to see it for myself to really consider it, no offense Catman. I just think it would depends on what happened to cause the person to feel that Dwight's a jerk. We don't knw what was said or done so to have an opinion is kinda premature. I understand that all prfessional athletes have an ego, moreso with superstars like Dwight.

Besides, if/when Dwight leaves, we'll hate him for awhile regardless of how he acts

Rashard and Wince were nice dudes, sure. But they also sucked. I'll take jerks who are good over nice guys who have to be nice to cover their crappiness.

Also I recall Dwight being pretty bummed when Shard was moved and him consequently not giving a flip when Wince was sent packing.

Now, I'm not a VC fanboy, and I wasn't upset when we got rid of him because he never really brought it to the table with the Magic, but this theory that he's always been a garbage player is ridiculous.. and Rashard had a rough ending here, but I will always remember him thanks to the 09 finals run. His clutch 3's against Cleveland in the ECF that year are right up with Nick Anderson's steal on Jordan in my book...

Whatever happens I think I'll still respect him more than our other head cases if he leaves. He didn't force his way out like Me-Mac and Stevie Franchise, he's done a ton for the community, and if it wasn't for him we probably wouldn't have the new arena. I just always compare him to T-Mac. I was outside the arena after a game trying to get autographs where the players leave a few times and T-Mac would blow through there at an ungodly speed when there were a bunch of little kids around that he could've run over. Then he's blow the red light at the end of the street where there were more kids hoping they'd catch him at the red light. I never remember seeing T-Mac in the news for doing charity events.

I am interesting in hearing what these bad sides to Dwight are, but publicly he's been a lot better to us than our past stars.