Sign in to follow this  
Fultz4thewin

Offseason Thread pt V: The Sentinel Strikes Back (and makes us sad)

He did something that we get on people about here on the board, he knee jerked in Dec and now we have to pay for it. Fans do that stuff, not GM's.

Agreed. He went for the homerun and ended up missing on both trades, especially the Arenas one.

MagicalNBA MagicalNBA

Not saying %100 we will get JSmith, but if you knew how much the Magic have done for D12, you would understand why there's still a chance.

That sounds like we will take on a horrible contract to get Smith. JJ, Marvin Williams, and Zaza seem to fit that bill. Trade for Smith and Williams, use TPE on Zaza.

He has 2 years on his contract, he has no leverage to choose where he goes.

He has some leverage, and that's making other teams realize he won't be happy/engaged playing for them. Also, don't discount the whole "miracle" portion of my comment.

Taking bad contracts shouldn't be an issue, DeVos has given Otis the spending greenlight and we won't see the cap space light of day for years anyways. It comes down to Atlanta's willingness to deal with us, and if they are, what package could make it work.

That sounds like we will take on a horrible contract to get Smith. JJ, Marvin Williams, and Zaza seem to fit that bill. Trade for Smith and Williams, use TPE on Zaza.

Yes..and well no. I doubt he will ever tweet it, but from what I know D12 is not that great of a guy in many ways. the Magic organization has taken care of him, but if he leaves one day, rest assured the OS can write some nice articles.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Just did some math. They save approx. $13 mil by taking Jameer, Hedo, and Ryan. Hedo would have to be included to take both from what I can tell. I also don't think they want Jameer unless they plan on trading Hinrich's expiring or don't think he will resign. http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=69axkmu

Another scenario is trading Arenas for Joe Johnson. http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=62t4ql9 If they blow it up and want to save money, they could do this.

Yes..and well no. I doubt he will ever tweet it, but from what I know D12 is not that great of a guy in many ways. the Magic organization has taken care of him, but if he leaves one day, rest assured the OS can write some nice articles.

I heard somewhere he's a pretty demanding dude, and what ever he wants changed gets changed. No questions.

I heard somewhere he's a pretty demanding dude, and what ever he wants changed gets changed. No questions.

Dwight Howard is a saint in my book as long as he's wearing Magic blue...

To be honest from what I know, he has a lot of issues and the Magic have been total pros in terms of dealing with them.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

To be honest from what I know, he has a lot of issues and the Magic have been total pros in terms of dealing with them.

I heard a funny story where a player was in the practice facility with his girlfriend, and his wife wanted to bring him some food. So the dudes at Amway took care of it so there were no troubles.

Pretty sweet cover if you ask me. Though the players should be smarter than that.