iBelieveNmagic

Are the Lakers (Media) Senile???

Wait until ESPN makes an experts special on how the Heat can end up with Howard and how that proves Lebron is such a great professional... lol

Or how Dwight and Chris Paul both accept the mid level exception to play for the Heat and make a "Fantastic 5" lol

If that happened..I'd be done. Seriously. Done. kaputssss.

This is what happens when a city is filled with arrogant dicks..who have won more than 15 championships..in a single sport.

Agreed.. makes me wonder why isn't that happening with Boston.

I would never watch NBA basketball again.

I wonder what would happen to me... fav player and most hated player in the same team.. for a whole season.

Sounds like system crash.

I don't care how it happens...if LA somehow gets Dwight Howard....I'm FINISHED with the NBA.

This. Seriously I'm waiting for Otis to be fired, have Jerry West become our GM, and then trade Dwight and Jameer to LA for cash considerations and a box of half-eaten chicken strips.

The rumors are definitely blown out of proportion. People that aren't Magic fans see us as some handicapped team and make it out like there's no way Dwight would (like to) stay with us. It's like the NBA is a school and we're the nerds, lol.

A deal sending Howard to the Lakers would be as simple or as complex as the Magic choose to make it. At its simplest, it can be one for one, center for center -- a straight-up swap of Howard and Andrew Bynum is legal under the league's current trade rules. But it's unlikely the Magic would be willing to let L.A. off that easily.

A more likely scenario is that the Magic insist that any deal for Howard also includes one of their bad contracts -- Gilbert Arenas or Hedo Turkoglu. Arenas is the player the Magic would prefer to include in any deal, since he's scheduled to make $19.3 million next season and a whopping $62.4 million over the next three.

Even if the next CBA includes an amnesty clause that allows teams to erase one player from their books, Arenas would still need to be paid his full $62.4 million. That's a little pricey, even for the Lakers, and even for the opportunity to acquire Howard.

A more sensible compromise might include Turkoglu instead of Arenas. A swap of Bynum and Odom for Howard and Turkoglu also would be legal under the current rules, and unloading Turkoglu's contract would save the Magic up to $45 million over the next four seasons.

http://sports.espn.go.com/los-angeles/nba/news/story?id=6723213

Really Howard and Turk for Bynum and Odom???? :svgsad: :svgsad: :svgsad:

Why does the media think the Magic would trade Howard for nothing???