Sign in to follow this  
Jareth Cutestory

Offseason Thread Part III: Revenge of the Smith (p.47 post 554)

As a Rocket fan myself, and a former Houstonian with ties to the area, I know that if Morey traded away P-Pat for a #10 pick, Houston would be pissed off. Houston would be pissed if P-Pat was traded for Just about anyone.

Well as a KY fan, I'm glad to hear PP is a fan fav. He's one of the most beloved players in KY history. He's a legit talent and has a really high bball IQ and will definitely bring the heart every night.

Then who is the guy? That's my only problem with that trade.

Giving up Jameer for S-Jax takes away our 2nd biggest asset, and means that at SG, where "the guy" on our team pretty much needs to be, we have a guy that can't create his own shot and if he tries he does so historically badly.

Good Lord relax. First let's not act as though Jameer has significant value. I never said I wanted Jameer for Jax straight up, that I would disagree with, mainly because we then have Gil starting and as you pointed out, no go to scorer. If Charlotte was hypothetically a 3rd team in a bigger trade where we got a legitimate SF, say an Andre Iguodala, not only do you have 2 great perimeter defenders, you also have 2 wings who have the capability to score.

I agree that Jackson is older, but still, to compare him to VC and J Rich is not right. Those 2 have never been known as even average defenders, just guys who have relied on athleticism to be successful and eventually Ftaher Time caught up with them. Stephen Jackson still has that gritty, sometimes questionable, attitude this team had when Matt Barnes was here.

I also believe that Milwaukee and Charlotte are 2 totally separate situations. Charlotte had zero defined scorers or gus you could rely on to get points every night. Jackson had to take on that role. Milwaukee has plenty of guys capable of scoring, like John Salmons, Ersan Ilyasova, Corey Maggette, etc. thus the ball and shot numbers are spread around much more. Charotte has Jackson, Augustine, and Henderson (who's by no means a shooter). And yes I know, Milwaukee had the worst offensive efficiency in the league, that's irrelevent to my point

were going to make a new one late tomorrow afternoon for the draft.

We should call the next one "Off-Season Thread Part IV: A New Hope - NBA Draft Edition"

Who's with me???

We should call the next one "Off-Season Thread Part IV: A New Hope - NBA Draft Edition"

Who's with me???

seems like the logical continuation

Good Lord relax. First let's not act as though Jameer has significant value. I never said I wanted Jameer for Jax straight up, that I would disagree with, mainly because we then have Gil starting and as you pointed out, no go to scorer. If Charlotte was hypothetically a 3rd team in a bigger trade where we got a legitimate SF, say an Andre Iguodala, not only do you have 2 great perimeter defenders, you also have 2 wings who have the capability to score.

I agree that Jackson is older, but still, to compare him to VC and J Rich is not right. Those 2 have never been known as even average defenders, just guys who have relied on athleticism to be successful and eventually Ftaher Time caught up with them. Stephen Jackson still has that gritty, sometimes questionable, attitude this team had when Matt Barnes was here.

I also believe that Milwaukee and Charlotte are 2 totally separate situations. Charlotte had zero defined scorers or gus you could rely on to get points every night. Jackson had to take on that role. Milwaukee has plenty of guys capable of scoring, like John Salmons, Ersan Ilyasova, Corey Maggette, etc. thus the ball and shot numbers are spread around much more. Charotte has Jackson, Augustine, and Henderson (who's by no means a shooter). And yes I know, Milwaukee had the worst offensive efficiency in the league, that's irrelevent to my point

I'm plenty relaxed man. Just talking basketball, I knew that post would read wrong, didn't mean it to seem that way.

Jameer has plenty of value, people here are spoiled and think only PGs like Cp3 have value.

Even in a 2 team trade that nets us Iggy, I still don't see a go to scorer. I love team basketball and those old Pistons teams, but teams nowadays need someone that can make a bucket when they need it.

I never compared him to Rich or Vince so I'll leave that to the guy that said it.

I think he thinks he is a scorer though his career shooting is about the exact same as it was this past season so I don't think you can blame his inefficiency on his situation.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Y'all ready for the draft today?!!! I'm feeling some Magic acquisitions.

Jon Diebler woooooooooo :bigparty: :bigparty: :bigparty: :bigparty:

Cant wait for the Draft. Hopefully Otis realizes this team needs some help and gets something done. Im rooting for the Josh Smith trade. Like I said before watching him and Dwight on the same Team playing defense is gonna be crazy.