Sign in to follow this  
DH12

Keeping Dwight Howard

I think as fans we can cheer our team. Discuss them. Support them by going to games, etc.

Posting trade ideas and hoping our teams general manager stumbles by them, or even takes them into consideration goes along with thinking a unicorn with big breasts is going to drop a bag of money and popsicles at my doorstep tonight.

Wait... So are you saying that the unicorn is fake?????

Man what a F'ed up day then..

Ok, I hope Otis Smith or someone sees this and everyone toss in your thoughts or other ideas if you have any! But the NBA is is changing, stars are coming together obviously and im sitting back seeing Dwight want another big name and maybe we don't need Chris Paul... We have Jameer who's a great shooter and passer, but how about Andre Igoudala! He's being dealt right now and I feel as if we can give a dried up Hedo and throw in a pick or any other name thats not Richardson, Nelson or Howard? Even Bass? Maybe we can get Brand or Thaddeus Young in it for some other players/picks?

Thoughts?

I like your try, but you will just get attacked. If you are not in the "clique" around, here it is a waste of time to post your ideas or concerns.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

I like your try, but you will just get attacked. If you are not in the "clique" around, here it is a waste of time to post your ideas or concerns.

you've been here long enough to be in the clique.

In fact most people are in the clique. Isn't there disagreements over opinions in cliques?

I'm in a clique. 407 clique for life Its graffitied on Millenia mall.

The point is that every fan should feel free to post their opinions, ideas, suggestions, concerns on this board unless the poster is trolling and trying to be offensive. Debate is a great thing, but opinions should not be taken personally. Not all fans like Smith, SVG and others. No one on the boards knows what Smith will do. No one knows if Dwight will leave or stay with the Magic.

The point is that every fan should feel free to post their opinions, ideas, suggestions, concerns on this board unless the poster is trolling and trying to be offensive. Debate is a great thing, but opinions should not be taken personally. Not all fans like Smith, SVG and others. No one on the boards knows what Smith will do. No one knows if Dwight will leave or stay with the Magic.

I agree.

Posters should be free to post what they want, up to and including criticism of other people's ideas.

What you don't realize is that you're the one acting as a censor here, not "the clique", whomever that is.

Also, saying "No one knows what Smith will do" might be true, but it doesn't mean that all ideas have to be treated equally. Just because two options exist doesn't mean they're equal. You could say: "I'm going to the beach today, and I'll either be eaten by an ancient ocean monster or I won't."

Those are technically two possible outcomes of a trip to the beach, but that doesn't mean one of those possible outcomes isn't completely *****ing idiotic.

Similarly, an idea posted on this board shouldn't be immune to criticism just because no one knows the future, because reasonable outcomes can still be predicted and analyzed.

If someone's personal financial plan was "spend like there's no tomorrow, because I plan on having a stranger give me a bunch of money for no reason", you'd probably say that plan was stupid. But why? You can't know the future, so you can't KNOW that it won't happen that way.

But you do have a brain, so you can see that the outcome is extremely unlikely and judge accordingly.

Now stop trying to censor people just because they disagree with you. And give up the persecution complex already, or list the names of this clique you seem to think exists. I can't wait to see who it is you think makes up this board's Illuminati.

I agree.

Posters should be free to post what they want, up to and including criticism of other people's ideas.

What you don't realize is that you're the one acting as a censor here, not "the clique", whomever that is.

Also, saying "No one knows what Smith will do" might be true, but it doesn't mean that all ideas have to be treated equally. Just because two options exist doesn't mean they're equal. You could say: "I'm going to the beach today, and I'll either be eaten by an ancient ocean monster or I won't."

Those are technically two possible outcomes of a trip to the beach, but that doesn't mean one of those possible outcomes isn't completely *****ing idiotic.

Similarly, an idea posted on this board shouldn't be immune to criticism just because no one knows the future, because reasonable outcomes can still be predicted and analyzed.

If someone's personal financial plan was "spend like there's no tomorrow, because I plan on having a stranger give me a bunch of money for no reason", you'd probably say that plan was stupid. But why? You can't know the future, so you can't KNOW that it won't happen that way.

But you do have a brain, so you can see that the outcome is extremely unlikely and judge accordingly.

Now stop trying to censor people just because they disagree with you. And give up the persecution complex already, or list the names of this clique you seem to think exists. I can't wait to see who it is you think makes up this board's Illuminati.

I have no objections to criticism at all. My self esteem is not hurt or boosted bv other people's opinions. I enjoy good honest debate and am against censorship. I do not take other people's thoughs and opinions personally, and do not get bent out of shape because a poster has a different view. Challenging is a good thing. Trying to bully someone into leaving the boards is not a good thing. Since you asked, you are part of the Clique.

I have no objections to criticism at all. My self esteem is not hurt or boosted bv other people's opinions. I enjoy good honest debate and am against censorship. I do not take other people's thoughs and opinions personally, and do not get bent out of shape because a poster has a different view. Challenging is a good thing. Trying to bully someone into leaving the boards is not a good thing. Since you asked, you are part of the Clique.

You are part of the clique too.