Sign in to follow this  
Fultz4thewin

Offseason Thread part 2

Actually, Atlanta might have been the worst machup for us out of all those contenders if you think about it.

They had Kirk to lockdown Jameer and shot well.

Joe John bullied our guards on both sides of the floor

Josh smith vs Hedo... no comment needed

Horford another bully on anyone we throw at him

And guys like Zaza did a good job on Dwight also.

We had maybe 1 matchup advantage with Dwight, and they were able to frustrate him and make every bucket really hard to get.

This added to the fact that they went extremely hot and we went extremely cold, well that's one stinky stew you got there.

It's like they were built to beat us.

Atlanta's is actually the team I worry about the most, specifically for the reasons you point out. They have enough big bodies to throw at Dwight to slow him down, get him in foul trouble, frustrate him into techs. They have athletic wings who are both good scorers and good defenders. They play good team defense.

It's really more Atlanta than Miami I think we should plan for. Miami will always be a tough nut to crack and you just have to hope their psyche crashes. Atlanta won't cave like that.

I actually like Hedo though........

Me, too, but I have the good excuse of having actually lived in Turkey right around the time Hedo was born.

Atlanta's is actually the team I worry about the most, specifically for the reasons you point out. They have enough big bodies to throw at Dwight to slow him down, get him in foul trouble, frustrate him into techs. They have athletic wings who are both good scorers and good defenders. They play good team defense.

It's really more Atlanta than Miami I think we should plan for. Miami will always be a tough nut to crack and you just have to hope their psyche crashes. Atlanta won't cave like that.

Crawford is leaving and he was one of the biggest reasons we lost (and also Hedo, J-Rich, etc.)

We'll own them like we did years before

Crawford is leaving and he was one of the biggest reasons we lost (and also Hedo, J-Rich, etc.)

We'll own them like we did years before

I hope so, man. Also - whatever happened to all our Spanish contacts? Anyone hear the latest about Fran? He's staying in Spain again, isn't he.

I hope so, man. Also - whatever happened to all our Spanish contacts? Anyone hear the latest about Fran? He's staying in Spain again, isn't he.

I believe he is.. but he didn't want to play for the national team to rest for next season..

sam_amick Sam Amick

As a sidenote, a source with knowledge of GS & Philly talks says the two sides haven't discussed the Monta-Iguodala deal since early June.

1 minute ago

sam_amick Sam Amick

Riley also said the trade calls for Stephen Curry far outweigh those for Ellis: "Nobody is saying,'What will it take to get Monta Ellis?'"

5 minutes ago

sam_amick Sam Amick

If you hadn't already, Ws fans, wipe the Orlando scenario from your psyche as GS is completely debunking that report.

7 minutes ago

sam_amick Sam Amick

Riley reiterated that he's not shopping Ellis: "It's very likely that he will not be traded on draft night or even through the summer."

9 minutes ago

sam_amick Sam Amick

Golden State GM Larry Riley sat down with the media today to talk draft and, of course, Monta Ellis trade rumors.

10 minutes ago

Off-Subject, but what do you guys consider to be bandwagoning? I ask this because I got into an argument with my cousin about being a true fan of a team. He's a New York Knicks fan from birth and he used to hate Carmelo Anthony before last season. When he was rumored to go to New York, he started loving him and now he loves him because he's on the Knicks. I told him that just because you have a player on your favorite team doesn't mean you automatically have to love the player. Just like how I hate some of the players on the Magic. He says it's considered bandwagoning from a New York fans standpoint if you don't like the players on your favorite team.

Is it just me or does he sound like a bandwagoner?

Off-Subject, but what do you guys consider to be bandwagoning? I ask this because I got into an argument with my cousin about being a true fan of a team. He's a New York Knicks fan from birth and he used to hate Carmelo Anthony before last season. When he was rumored to go to New York, he started loving him and now he loves him because he's on the Knicks. I told him that just because you have a player on your favorite team doesn't mean you automatically have to love the player. Just like how I hate some of the players on the Magic. He says it's considered bandwagoning from a New York fans standpoint if you don't like the players on your favorite team.

Is it just me or does he sound like a bandwagoner?

No, liking players on your team doesn't make you a bandwagoner. Liking a team that you have no affiliation to once they become talented is being a bandwagoner.