Sign in to follow this  
Fultz4thewin

Offseason Thread part 2

This move makes Hedo immediately expendable with the amnesty.

He's been expendable for quite some time. . .

really though, if Dwight's guys are Stephen Jackson, Big Baby, and Carlos Boozer, he needs to get some new friends. . .

OK guys, I discovered today that I actually have quite the inside source who is very close with Otis. In fact, he seems to talk to him on the regular and they're more than friends, if you catch my drift. I thought you all would like to share what we discussed today. Keep in mind, this is no joke. I don't have the time to make up such information.

One thing is that Otis firmly believes that Dwight is going to resign. I wasn't told when or for how long, but all that was pushed across to me is that Otis is fairly confident Dwight will be in a Magic uniform past next season. Contrary to popular belief, Dwight and Otis talk quite often. Many feel it's kind of a quiet and awkward relationship, but I was told it's the exact opposite, which I see as a good sign in keeping Dwight here. He's also not fond of the idea of trading Dwight. Perhaps if Dwight came out and said "I'm not coming back to Orlando" it may be a different story, but other than that, I wouldn't strongly anticipate a trade involving Dwight. If Dwight stays quiet and then decides to leave, from what I was told, he's riding into the sunset and we receive minimal compensation, similar to that of the LeBron to Miami S&T.

One of Otis Smith's top priority is to get Chris Paul in an Orlando Magic uniform. Whether it's through free agency or via trade, I'm unsure, but Otis is determined. I'm not trying to resurrect any trade rumors, but this is what I was told. Hopefully this will all pay off. We discussed our trade assets here and the person agreed with me that we're pretty much depleted. My guess would be acquiring CP3 through free agency. The most interesting tidbit out of this is that Otis would highly prefer keeping Jameer at the same time and have hi come off the bench. This raised my eyebrows as to both how it would be possible, considering our minimal trade pieces and the lucrative contracts of Turk and Gil, and also how good our backcourt depth could be. It also seemed implied that Otis is banking on an Amnesty Clause to rid the bankroll of Gil or Turk.

Aside from the player's, Stan Van Gundy was also brought into the conversation. Apparently, Otis wanted him fired, but Vander Weide and the DeVoss' wouldn't allow it. It was said that the locker room is about "50-50" on SVG, but Dwight is supposedly on the side of approval, which I feel is most important.

I was also told that J Rich really wants to resign, but the thing the Magic are concerned about is the money, which is of no surprise.

Arenas has in fact dropped a significant amount of weight and is working intensely this off season to improve. I was very pleased to hear this.

I apologize if most of this stuff is repetitive from info we've already gotten on here but I felt it was necessary to come on here and post as much as I could remember from the conversation. I wish it would have been longer than a 5 minute conversation so I could ask even more questions because I'm tellig you all, this guy would know. I hope this helps keep everyone entertained with insider info for the time being.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Ahhhhhhhhh.......jackson will probably get cut via amnesty.

Perhaps, it'd still be worth it to net Thomas. The Cats' are riddled with bad contracts ex. Matt Carrol, Diop, and yes S-Jax. No telling who they'd use it on. Id rather move Meer' for more, but if that's the best available deal you have to pull the trigger. Especially with Dwight's rumored hard-on for S-Jax.

OK guys, I discovered today that I actually have quite the inside source who is very close with Otis. In fact, he seems to talk to him on the regular and they're more than friends, if you catch my drift. I thought you all would like to share what we discussed today. Keep in mind, this is no joke. I don't have the time to make up such information.

One thing is that Otis firmly believes that Dwight is going to resign. I wasn't told when or for how long, but all that was pushed across to me is that Otis is fairly confident Dwight will be in a Magic uniform past next season. Contrary to popular belief, Dwight and Otis talk quite often. Many feel it's kind of a quiet and awkward relationship, but I was told it's the exact opposite, which I see as a good sign in keeping Dwight here. He's also not fond of the idea of trading Dwight. Perhaps if Dwight came out and said "I'm not coming back to Orlando" it may be a different story, but other than that, I wouldn't strongly anticipate a trade involving Dwight. If Dwight stays quiet and then decides to leave, from what I was told, he's riding into the sunset and we receive minimal compensation, similar to that of the LeBron to Miami S&T.

One of Otis Smith's top priority is to get Chris Paul in an Orlando Magic uniform. Whether it's through free agency or via trade, I'm unsure, but Otis is determined. I'm not trying to resurrect any trade rumors, but this is what I was told. Hopefully this will all pay off. We discussed our trade assets here and the person agreed with me that we're pretty much depleted. My guess would be acquiring CP3 through free agency. The most interesting tidbit out of this is that Otis would highly prefer keeping Jameer at the same time and have hi come off the bench. This raised my eyebrows as to both how it would be possible, considering our minimal trade pieces and the lucrative contracts of Turk and Gil, and also how good our backcourt depth could be. It also seemed implied that Otis is banking on an Amnesty Clause to rid the bankroll of Gil or Turk.

Aside from the player's, Stan Van Gundy was also brought into the conversation. Apparently, Otis wanted him fired, but Vander Weide and the DeVoss' wouldn't allow it. It was said that the locker room is about "50-50" on SVG, but Dwight is supposedly on the side of approval, which I feel is most important.

I was also told that J Rich really wants to resign, but the thing the Magic are concerned about is the money, which is of no surprise.

Arenas has in fact dropped a significant amount of weight and is working intensely this off season to improve. I was very pleased to hear this.

I apologize if most of this stuff is repetitive from info we've already gotten on here but I felt it was necessary to come on here and post as much as I could remember from the conversation. I wish it would have been longer than a 5 minute conversation so I could ask even more questions because I'm tellig you all, this guy would know. I hope this helps keep everyone entertained with insider info for the time being.

Okay, I'll bite. Who did you talk too? Did he mention any specifics on how we clear cap for CP3?

The hornets are in the same position as us....if cp3 does not sign an extension they either wait it out until the offseason or trade him. If melo can force his way into NY cp3 can force his way to a team as well.

I also think we will be pleasantly surprised by Earls improvement next year.

I like this, especially the Chris Paul part. Of course we knew Otis wanted him, but I'm glad he is a top priority Hopefully we clear cap space.

I wouldn't mind resigning J-Rich if it isn't more than around 7 mil. He could be a great piece if we manage to to actually get CP3. Not a strong possibility we can keep him if we are clearing cap, but it'd be great.

Thanks for the info. Hopefully on draft night we start the clearing cap space process instead of getting Stephen Jackson or something.

Line-up of:

Paul

J-Rich

Veteran defensive SF

Earl?

Dwight

sounds pretty good to me.

Okay, I'll bite. Who did you talk too? Did he mention any specifics on how we clear cap for CP3?

He's basically a relative and I work with him... Well used to work with him, now. Tonight was my last night on the job. Trust me, I have a conscience and wouldn't lead you guys on like this. It'd be one thing if this was my first post, but I've been here awhile.

Like I said, it was a very quick 5 minute conversation so I didn't get to ask many in depth questions. Looking back now, I could've talked to him for about an hour but I apologize if any of this seems vague

Thx. Keep the info coming.

He's basically a relative and I work with him... Well used to work with him, now. Tonight was my last night on the job. Trust me, I have a conscience and wouldn't lead you guys on like this. It'd be one thing if this was my first post, but I've been here awhile.

Like I said, it was a very quick 5 minute conversation so I didn't get to ask many in depth questions. Looking back now, I could've talked to him for about an hour but I apologize if any of this seems vague

Naw, it's good info. Try to get more though. ;)

I like everything I heard. I guess we'll know soon just how reliable your source is by the moves we make in the draft. I thought Dwight wasn't for shedding salary though?