Sign in to follow this  
Fultz4thewin

Offseason Thread part 2

After really thinking about it, I fail to see how an amnesty clause REALLY helps our situation...providing there is one like the last. If that player still counts towards the team's cap and with the projected hard cap that is rumored to be implemented within the new CBA, how much flexibility does that really give a team...our team? Not having to pay said player's luxury tax is all well and good for the owners obviously, but outside of that what are the benefits for the teams?

After really thinking about it, I fail to see how an amnesty clause REALLY helps our situation...providing there is one like the last. If that player still counts towards the teams cap and with the projected hard cap that is rumored to be implemented within the new CBA, how much flexibility does that really give a team...our team? Not having to pay said players luxury tax is all well and good for the owners obviously, but outside of that what are benefits?

The new amnesty is supposedly going to count against the cap.

Are we so desperate for news that we are listening to what Jareth says? nawwww

Actually, Jareth is one of those posters who constantly makes me laugh and I take seriously. Not that many posters who are a mix of both worlds.

Jareth, I'm a bit confused. That's three different teams and four players on our side. Are we talking some sort of mega-trade four team deal or just some targets and some possible bait? In list of interest: Maggette (none), SJax (defensively some, offensively...ugh), Love (if it's the Love I'm thinking of, then I don't see how in the world we have the assets....but yes please).

Actually, Jareth is one of those posters who constantly makes me laugh and I take seriously. Not that many posters who are a mix of both worlds.

I was referring to him pretending to have inside sources. But yah Jareth be cool n stuff.

I was referring to him pretending to have inside sources. But yah Jareth be cool n stuff.

Heck, he might as well have made some new friends in the sandbox this morning while making sandcastles, using catpoo as knights. Magic FO people do have kids.

That's what I said...that's my concern.

It's the opposite of what you said. I think?

You're worried that it will only count out luxury tax, what I'm saying is it will give us cap room too.

It's the opposite of what you said. I think?

You're worried that it will only count out luxury tax, what I'm saying is it will give us cap room too.

Really? Any links or quotes? All the reports I've read say otherwise, thus the reason for concern.

Ryan, bass, reddick & turk

For SJax, I'm guessing this trade:

Orlando receives: SJax

Charlotte receives: Turk and Anderson

http://games.espn.go...tradeId=3ckao9g

or

Orlando receives: SJax and Thomas

Charlotte receives: Turk and Bass

http://games.espn.go...tradeId=3mvfyac

Obviously, I like the second one more.

I'm sorry, but I DO NOT want Stephen Jackson on the team. Trading for him just to rid ourselves of Hedo AND including one of our few assets is completely a lateral move, IMO.

Edit: Soul Bro's second trade proposal I'd be okay with actually, if we rid ourselves of Turk AND Bass while getting a good young piece in Thomas...I'd say that's a decent trade and obvious improvement.

• Upvote 1

I'm sorry, but I DO NOT want Stephen Jackson on the team. Trading for him just to rid ourselves of Hedo AND including one of our few assets is completely a lateral move, IMO.

Unfortunately, sounds like D12 REALLY wants SJax